Chapter 23
95 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the day Shin Nari left the home of Cha Aera, the jobless and homeless woman took the spare change in her wallet to find where she would lay her head and get her next meal from. Her journey soon came to an end when the cab dropped her off at an all too familiar place whose gate opened after ringing the bell by the gate.

"Mom."

"Daughter..."

When Shin Eun-Ae saw her daughter with bags in tow at her doorstep something within the single mother broke. The two held each other and cried until they had no more tears left to shed. Once they had their emotion under wraps the two walked into the simple home dragging bags with them.

"Nari-ah go freshen up. I will have your food ready."

".."

Shin Nari simply nodded at her mother who quietly closed the door to the spare room in the house which had just become her daughter's.
--------
30 minutes later the table was lined with dishes as the two women sat in silence to eat from the bowl with their silver chopsticks.

"When you are ready to talk, mother is here for you."

"..."

Choked up by the unconditional love that showed in the eyes of her mother, Shin Nari nodded once again as she feared that any word she spoke will let out another torrent of tears.

1