Chapter 26
82 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sure enough a loud crash could be heard 30 minutes later as the disappointment of the Cha family sauntered into the home of his sister with sunglasses and a hat dragging a traveling bag.

"Welcome, Young master Ho-jin."

"Seon, Where is everyone? I saw Dad's car and Aera's too or are they all in bed at 9?! Dad I understand but Aera never misses work even on a Friday."

Jo Mi-seon the kitchen head that tended to the affairs of Cha Aera at home, was a rigid woman who went by the book. She could be likened to the modern day Joseon nanny who took care of Cha Ho-jin and his sister in the absence of their parents. It would seem that neither of her strict tutelage made any difference in the older sibling. Without waiting to be asked, Jo Mi-seon skillfully took hold of the luggage of Cha Ho-jin leaving his hand free of the added weight.

"Young master Ho-jin, Assembly man and Madam are upstairs. The young miss has not been driving for a while now. One of the attendants reported to me that they saw her through the CCTV calling a cab to take her to work. Would you like me to let them know you are here?"

"Don't bother, I can only guess that they can't be all that happy to see me crashing at Aera's house. I was not expecting to see them here, that's why I came here in the first place."

"Will you like me to get you something to eat? Young master Ho-jin?"

Changing the subject Jo Mi-seon curtly waited to be told what to do by the indulgent man child.

"I'm starving, the food on the plane was so bad! I've missed your cooking Seon. Did I tell you that Johannesburg is such a delightful city..."

To emphasis his point Cha Ho-jin wrapped an arm around the waist of the shorter woman like a child holding on to his parent. There was no denying the unquestionable bond between the two despite the differences in their approach to life.

1