Chapter 1
506 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dad! I'm going now!" I said.

"Have fun at school, don't forget to contact me!" said my dad.

"Of course! I definitely won't forget." I said determined.

"Haha! Tell Soma I said hi, his dad called and he's waiting for you outside." said my dad.

"I see, bye dad! I'll miss you!" I said.

"I'll miss you too, though it's a shame. Your mother is coming back to Japan in two weeks." said my dad.

"It's fine, mom is quite busy. Bye~" I said waving as I walked out.

Once I left the house, a certain red haired boy was leaning on the porch.

"Soma, it's been a while." I said with a smile.

"Miku, it sure has. It's been about 2 years I think, though I'm surprised we're going to the same school as each other." said Soma.

"That's true, though we don't want to be late. Let's get going." I said.

"This is going to be fun!" cheered Soma.

I, Hatsune Miku, will be enrolling into Totsuki Culinary Academy.

I carried my bag which held my utensils and a few ingredients just in case if there was an exam.

Yukihira Soma, son of a chef, and my childhood friend.

We met each other each other when we were 5 but I had to leave when I was 13 due to my mother's work. We're now 15 and back together, he's like a little brother to me.

When we were young, I was always the one to babysit and get him out of trouble. It kind of makes sense, I was kind, gentle, and calm. While Soma was the opposite of calm, what made us unique was that my hair was the color of the sea and sky combined while Soma's hair was red.

Opposite hair colors and personalities. It was kind of amusing.

"Miku, what're you thinking about? You've been silent the entire walk, we're almost at school." said Soma.

"Nothing much, I was just thinking about how nice it is to see my little brother again." I replied.

"Still as nice as ever, though I guess you are like an older sister to me. Always getting me out of trouble." said Soma laughing.

"You should be grateful Soma, you were lucky that all those times you were with me." I replied.

"Hehe, they only forgave me because you were kind to everyone. You've never gotten mad before, not even when that boy accidentally spilled coffee over you." said Soma.

"I guess I got this trait from my mom, nothing about me really changed." I replied.

It was true, I was always calm. I never once got mad, some people admired it, some people disliked me because of it.

I can never get angry, human emotions are very precious, just like humans.

Why do people get angry or mad? Because they're probably struggling or dealing with something difficult. They need something or someone to take out their frustration on.

This is why I never get angry at someone, humans never do anything without a reason.

And before I knew it, Soma and I had already passed the gate.

"So this is our new life eh?" asked Soma.

"Yes it is, don't cause too much trouble. I don't want to clean up your mess." I said.

"I won't, don't worry. I'm going to learn a lot from this school and beat you in cooking." said Soma.

"Well good luck Soma, I hope one day you can beat me." I replied.

"You know, you're not supposed to support your enemy to beat you. But I guess it suits you." said Soma laughing.

"8 years, 574 matches, I won all of them." I said.

"It''s not even fair, you can cook almost everything in the world. You have a perfect memory I swear." said Soma.

"No, I just read a lot of books my mother sent to me. She cooks around the world but she isn't quite famous." I said,

"Right, I forgot about that." replied Soma.

"Let's go sit on the bench while we wait for the entrance ceremony." I said.

We walked over to the bench and sat.

We received a few stares here and there but didn't mind it. 

It was nice talking to Soma again, we decided to catch up on what we both missed out on.

I wasn't that surprised when he decided to work for his dad's restaurant since he would always talk about it. 

The look on his face was priceless when I told him I learned how to cook foods from many different countries.

"You don't need to know how to cook so many types of food!" exclaimed Soma.

"I can't help it, I like gaining more knowledge and cooking. Plus, who knows what this school has in store for us." I said.

"That's true but once you taste my new cooking, you'll definitely be wanting more." said Soma confidently.

"Sure." I replied.

Then the bell rung signalling it was time for the entrance ceremony. 

I didn't even realize it but Soma got taller, he was around 5'6 while I was around 5'5.

An one inch difference, though I'm glad he got taller.

Now, I wonder what this school will hold for me.

More recipes will be added to my sea of cooking.

20