domestic – chapter 28 puppy love
756 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Kazuha

All of a sudden, Fu Zi Han and Li Xiao's limelight overshadowed the four people of Legacy!

This is no surprise.

The four members of Legacy have their own characteristics such as handsomely sexy or naturally gentle.

But they are just carps trying to jump over the dragon gate, and even if they jump as high as they can and one day, successfully turn into real dragons...they would never be able to hide the fact that they were originally just common low life carp.

But Fu Zi Han and Li Xiao are different.

Those two were born with silver spoons in their mouths, living the life of royal princes. They had a prominent family background, had studied abroad, had handsome features coupled with cynical looks; along with a wealthy background to support their statuses --- they were simply the ultimate prince charmings in every girl's dream!

If Legacy were an idol group that played the Prince Charming roles.

Then Fu Zi Han and Li Xiao, in reality, were the wealthy Prince Charming themselves! Not only the fans are buying that, but even the media would give ESE and Glorious Crown some face, and they have printed numerous articles praising the two people to flatter the two big bosses!

Fu Zi Han fans would put up the slogan of "A Hazy Sea" {Han Ru Yan Hai}, then Li Xiao fans over there would hold high their own slogan of "A Happy World" {Xiao Yao Tian Xia}. As if the two of them were having a one-on-one fight in the ring, in just more or less than a month, their popularity was steadily rising, the two of them were the center of attention!

Of course Fu Zi Han's and Li Xiao's backgrounds also contributed to their rise in popularity.

Honestly speaking, the real reason that Legacy had fallen into this depressed pit hole was due to their internal conflict.

Legacy no longer had the vigor and fighting spirit like when they first debuted.

Fu Zi Han and Li Xiao swept across the entertainment industry with their popularity, snatching away all the fans. It could be said that Legacy had just handed over their popularity throne to the other two. They did not take any effective actions to take back their reputation, instead the rumor of their internal conflict, and the negative scandals of playing around with other famous artists were constantly be seen on the news.

The first reason was from Chu Feng, and then it was Amanda.

Later, it was Amanda's unfavorable treatment in Du Yun Xiu's car accident.

When the elites in the company showed their contempt to her unfavorable act in that incident, Chu Feng and the other two quickly came in to say a few words for her. Naturally, Chu Feng must help her without having to say much; Teng Ze was still very grateful to Amanda for helping him settle his scandals; she had even helped him convince the underage girl that he had impregnated to drop the charge; as for Wei Yi Fei, the psychiatrist he was seeing was sent by Amanda...

With the three most popular artists backing her up and helping her to intercede, ESE only told Amanda to pay more attention and to not repeat the same mistake again.

However, after Du Yun Xiu and Chu Feng received their solo projects of filming movies.

Teng Ze and Wei Yi Fei were somewhat disappointed in Amanda, and only on the surface were they highly exalting Amanda, boasting that she is the most capable and beautiful female manager.

Since she was receiving praise for what she did, Amanda was still not aware of the crack in their relationship.

Recently, Du Yun Xiu had received the Best Newcomer Award at the Golden Cypress.

Chu Feng started to become indifferent towards Amanda and was always unhappy to see her. Especially since the other artists and the newspaper were joking about his act of standing up at the Golden Cypress that night as a way to humiliate him...

All of this was caused by Amanda.

It was not like Amanda did not comfort Chu Feng:

"Winning the Best Newcomer Award is not necessarily good! In this showbiz, the people who won this award also soon disappeared. You can see that of the ones who are still active now, only a few of them have won the Best Newcomer Award...Even the reporters said that the Best Newcomer Award at the annual Golden Cypress is a curse."

No matter how much Amanda tried to cool down the fire, Chu Feng still showed no sign of letting go of that anger.

And then it started to intensify, and he began to come late to their activities.

When the four of them were not yet famous, they felt glad to be given an upscale apartment by their company.

After two years of living in the fame, that gap began to unravel, and they found out that their place was completely smaller than the other stars' villas.

So they each bought their own houses, and no longer lived together.

Therefore, when the four people of Legacy were being invited to attend business events, Amanda could not just head over to the apartment like before to gather all four of them at once.

Each of them was responsible to manage their own time.

Chu Feng would always be the one coming late, and that had affected Legacy's image as a whole. Amanda could only continue to put up a smile and then select her words of apology to the business partner.

Even though the other three did not say anything, Amanda could feel their discontent towards him.

She had privately advised Chu Feng several times.

The first two times she tried talking to him in a soft-spoken tone, believing that Chu Feng was not intentionally coming late, but he just simply deliberately went against her. Taking his current status and worth, as long as he did not cross the line, ESE would not eliminate him.

Amanda's patience was wearing thin as her voice becoming rougher over the time, and she even raised her voice at him!

Even if they were in a romantic relationship.

Does Chu Feng really think that she is a soft persimmon that he can just squeeze however he likes!?

After this, Amanda's attitude towards Chu Feng also became cold, and the conflict between them was only got worse, causing the atmosphere in Legacy to become gloomier, as if a storm was sweeping by.

Once, Chu Feng was supposed to come to a program recording on time, but he came in thirty minutes late.

Amanda only looked at him coldly and said nothing. But then one day Chu Feng was at an outdoor shooting, and right when they were about to start the shoot, Chu Feng's assistant received a phone call with a message telling Chu Feng to come back to the company immediately for a meeting; if not, he would have to take full responsibility!

*** *** ***

Chu Feng felt that something was not right.

But when his assistant called Amanda, her phone was off. He called other members of Legacy, but they did not buy his story, so they either told him they would go or they are too busy to come, and such ambiguous answers made it impossible for him to distinguish the situation.

As for Yun Xiu...Even though the other man would give him a better answer, Chu Feng stubbornly did not give him a call.

In this case, Chu Feng could only return to the company amidst his busy schedule.

And it turned out to be the worst case scenario that he was most afraid of --- Amanda had intentionally played him! Li Rui was on a business trip, and there was not even a meeting at the company!

Chu Feng angrily hurled down the hallway in the ESE building.

He was very fatigued from the outdoor shooting, plus traveling a few hours by car, not to mention he could not utter a word at being played like that by the other. It had caused him to be in a very bad mood.

The moment he passed by an office, the office door suddenly opened, and Chu Feng was taken back by surprise but soon found out that it was Feng Jing's office!

Chu Feng was face to face with Feng Jing.

After a few seconds of shock, he lukewarmly said: "Director Feng."

After the Golden Cypress Award.

Not just Chu Feng and Amanda relationship got into a bad shape, there was another person who also got affected --- that person was Feng Jing!

Du Yun Xiu's car accident in his previous movie had caused a delay in the filming.

Feng Jing used ESE's name to pressure the director, and even compensated for the loss of earn for the filming crews. Not that he doesn't have that right, but his position is not that overpowering. Originally, all of this was done behind Li Rui's back, and the compensation for loss of earn was being signed under the medical expense due to the accident.

But Amanda came to Li Rui and snitched on Feng Jing:

"Originally, the director asked for a substitution, but Feng Jing did not agree! Yun Xiu said he can go back to filming in fifteen days, but Feng Jing told him to take forty days rest --- this is the main cause for such a huge amount of compensation!

It's understandable to pay for the artist's medical expense, but letting the company pay out such a huge amount of money for a compensation is just..."

Amanda had altered the story in her favor as she spoke.

Li Rui only waved his hand as an indication that he knew now, so there was no need to say further.

With the addition of that occurrence at the Golden Cypress that night.

Mu Zhe Bai apologized and explained the reason for such a result, by saying that he received a phone call from Feng Jing at the last minute telling Xie Yi to change his vote to Yun Xiu...

Looking at Mu Zhe Bai's and Amanda's accusations, they apparently carried two completely different tones.

He was always been a very careful person who never made any mistake. It was the same with the way he wore his suit, making sure there was no trace of any creases. He had always been been calm and methodical in any situation.

Li Rui still unpredictably waved his hand, indicating that he knew.

It was no wonder Xie Yi did that in this matter, and he really could not blame Mu Zhe Bai. That person first used his power, then challenged his authority...

That person dared to do those things behind him.

Li Rui never said anything to Feng Jing. Even when the two of them were having dinner together, his attitude towards Feng Jing was the same as before, no difference.

Only later on, Feng Jing faintly realized that --- his authority was being limited...

"What happened? Why you have such a spiritless look?" Feng Jing looked at Chu Feng with a faint smile.

Chu Feng grunted silently at those words.

Of course he was not in a good mood.

I almost had the award in my hand --- I lost it because of you! How I can be any better?! At that time, when he heard from Amanda about Mu Zhe Bai's "set up" story for the reason of him not getting the award, he simply...

"Couldn't win the Best Newcomer Award, and the only solution left is to put in more effort and to participate in more acting." Chu Feng only said those word coldly and was about to leave.

"Stop!"

This commanding tone had surprised Chu Feng!

Only now he was regretting saying those words --- a bit too presumptuous!

Even though Director Huang of Pin You Entertainment had made a proposal to him, he was still in a contract with ESE and Feng Jing was still ESE's director...

"What is it?" That idea crossed his mind as Chu Feng immediately changed his expression.

"Come with me."

Chu Feng's eyes were somewhat skeptical, but he still obediently followed Feng Jing into the small conference room next door.

There was a projector laid out on the table in the conference room, that projector was connected to a computer, and a white projection screen was hung on the wall opposite from the conference table.

Feng Jing did not even tell Chu Feng to have a seat, he just directly opened the disc player of the computer, a 《The Legacy》DVD ready in hand to put in.

"Your teen idol drama."

Chu Feng nodded his head, letting the other know he understood.

Feng Jing randomly fast forwarded the scene to the middle of the drama.

Suddenly he played it at the normal speed, and then it was stopped at the scene where Chu Feng was having a quarrel with the main female lead because he mistook her for liking Du Yun Xiu.

"...Do you really like him?" His hand pointed at Yun Xiu, with jealousy and anger in his tone.

"I really do like Du Yun Xiu, so what?!" The female lead also got angry. Obviously her eyes were red, but she stubbornly held back her tears.

"..."

The two quarreled for a while, and finally Chu Feng barged out of the room, and the door hit the wall with a loud ringing "bang".

"What do you think of your acting?"

Chu Feng felt that he had played quite well.

The anger and sadness of this scene could be felt by the audience.

But Chu Feng really could not read into Feng Jing's actions, so he just toned down his words: "You're the professional in this game. No matter how much I tried to interpret the character, I still cannot give an accurate answer to your question."

Feng Jing turned around, his slender eyes slightly narrowed as they bent into a beautiful curvature.

"Other people's opinions might not be too objective, it's better to..." Feng Jing said as he turned off the audio, "let's watch it like this."

Like this...

Chu Feng was a bit puzzled --- watch a pantomime?

Although he did not understand what Feng Jing was doing, he still looked at the projection screen.

One minute passed...

Ten minutes passed...

At first, he did not see anything wrong with it.

After all the plot of this drama was very impressive, even if he did not know what the actors are saying, he could still know the story's development. But as time passed by...

Chu Feng was quite proud of himself, very photogenic.

Through the camera lens, his look could easily attract people's attention. But more than ten minutes into the clip, he suddenly found that even though his posture and his moves are very open and exaggerated, after a long moment, his moves seemed to be very repetitive and monotonous...

From the beginning to end, all the same moves.

As someone who knows the whole storyline, just by looking at the scene without sound, the acts did not seem to add up to the supposed dialogue.

As for Yun Xiu.

With no audio and he was just a foreshadowing character with no detailed description.

But in this short ten minutes, his eyes were gentle and sad, his body language was not as exaggerated as himself (Chu Feng), but very unique. Every action was very natural, completely unlike his own acting where he really did not know where to place himself in the film frame.

Assuming that it was a pantomime...

Yun Xiu's performance would allow the audience to feel the emotions he wanted to convey.

When Chu Feng discovered this point, he could not help but frown; and then Feng Jing started to do a new action.

This time, he turned off the projection screen and turned on --- the speakers.

There was no picture. Only sound.

Chu Feng heard his own high-pitched tone voice reprimanding the female lead:

"How could you be this stupid! You should just leave these kinds of things to us men, a girl like you should never let your hands be dirty! Men exist with the only purpose of protecting women..."

Although the audio was turned off, with no dialogue, his acting did not seem as vivid as Yun Xiu's.

But this time with just the sound, he felt that his tone was still very in place. Chu Feng confidentially looked at Feng Jing, but Feng Jing just held up his coffee cup, took a mouthful, and looked at him with curving lips.

That is the longer he listened.

Chu Feng felt something was not right, because the dialogue did not affect the plot much and the viewers could still understand the storyline, and understand what the characters were struggling with.

But.

Yun Xiu was not like him...

It seemed the other person's dialogue had been under edited.

Each pause, each change of tone, each stress of the words, the more one listened the more one was attracted; even the tone from the beginning to the end revealed two completely different tones...

Such an effect.

Only a professional voice actor could have done it.

The more Chu Feng listened, the more startled he became.

When Yun Xiu said those words, he had done them that well?...As for him, he only recited those lines straight out from the script, as for the tone of voice, it depended upon his mood at the time.

If it was the first time that he could say that Yun Xiu was better at interpreting the character's emotions than him.

If it was the sound only...

He had always thought his acting was comparable with Yun Xiu's.

But in this moment, Chu Feng was beyond shock, or more like he became well aware.

Feng Jing casually tugged a few strands of hair on his cheek behind his ear, and tied his hair back with a silver ribbon, styling his hair into a handsome hairstyle, and then turned off the computer and the projector.

All images and sound were gone.

"What do you think?" Feng Jing's faint grinning voice echoed through the empty conference room.

Chu Feng's body got startled, raised his head and looked at Feng Jing.

A touch of humiliation flashed in his eyes, he bit down his lip, silently walked out of the conference room, out of the ESE building...

*** *** ***

Basically, Amanda gave him a lecture.

But Chu Feng no longer came late, or fooled around with other stars, he only just became somewhat different from before. He used to be a young invincible foal, but now he became a little quiet and more mature.

Such change was actually coming from the bottom of his heart...

Towards Du Yun Xiu, after the Golden Cypress Award, he put on a harmonious act in front of other people, when he actually just completely ignored the other behind the scenes.

Just that Du Yun Xiu obviously did not feel such change --- because ESE arranged for him to co-star with Glorious Crown's Fu Zi Han in a TV drama called 《G.I.B》, Government Issue Boys*.

{T/N: The name is the same in the original text}

It's well-known in this circle that ESE and Glorious Crown have a friend and foe relationship.

The two companies are experts in their own realms: One company focuses on acting with numerous talent actors, while the other company focuses on music with mostly singers. But in the showbiz nowadays, where "actors turning singers, and singers turning actors" is very common among the artists, a talent artist must be able to challenge oneself in various areas. ESE and Glorious Crown have been forming a relationship of competition as they grow together.

However, Li Rui really loves his little brother.

His mother gave birth to Li Xiao when she was at old age, so the child had always been weak and sick. He was so skinny and fragile like a small weak kitten when younger, had a tiny appetite, and and did not consume enough nutrition. It was only when he grew older that his health showed some good changes. After his mother died, little Li Xiao always stuck to him like glue, and before Li Xiao studied abroad, it could be said that Li Rui had brought up the child himself.

Together with the half-brother of the same father, Li Chen.

Li Xiao always had his unconditional love, and even when he was having an intimate relationship with Feng Jing, the other man would always feel jealous...

Because Li Xiao wanted to enter the music industry, even if Glorious Crown was a competitor of his own company, he could just ignore it, and personally made a phone call to Elder Fu, the overall powerful person in Glorious Crown, to invite him to have some tea, asking the other to take good care of Li Xiao, to guide the young generation by letting him appear on more TV programs and be more exposed.

ESE is a monstrous tycoon in movies and TV dramas.

But in the music industry, Glorious Crown is the crowned king.

Also, Elder Fu's grandson was interested in acting.

After Li Rui learned of this information, he immediately arranged for the grandson to co-star with Chu Feng, even put in a generous investment by shooting a lot of action scenes in various locations in South Korea and Japan.

Just that Fu Zi Han wanted Yun Xiu as his co-star instead.

Li Rui quite did not understand. The other person is not an arrogant youth, but he had recently relied on Glorious Crown's name to call his own shots.

Since Yun Xiu had just won the Best Newcomer Award at the Golden Cypress, and shooting his first drama right after winning the award would attract lots of attention and arouse people's curiosity.

So Li Rui also agreed with the other's designation.

Suddenly switching the role like that.

Chu Feng unexpectedly showed no sign of dissatisfaction, but just nodded and accepted the news. And he also did not ignore or be cynical towards Yun Xiu behind his back.

*** *** ***

It was a little unexpected for such an arrangement from the company.

But this was a big-budget production, with a very experienced director, photographers, props groups, and stylists. In order to highlight the momentum of many scenes, they even rented out a helicopter to capture the panoramic view.

In this drama, Yun Xiu and Fu Zi Han were playing special forces, ultimately there would be fighting and blasting scenes.

This action drama is totally different from Tang Yun Qi.

Staying in shape and prolonging the stamina were not enough, he had to work on his physical fitness and skill training.

First day of filming.

Due to the requirement of the script, Yun Xiu and Fu Zi Han dragged bulky tires, which were tied with hemp rope at one end and the other end tied around their waists, the yellow dust filled the playground as they ran...

The tires being dragged behind had caused a huge amount of dust that affected the shooting, and they had to retake many NGs.

The two of them repeatedly ran several laps, which added to a few kilometers, and only then were they successful in filming this scene.

A few days later.

Du Yun Xiu was completely worn out and his body was covered in red marks and swollen bruises.

He did not have a strong physical body like Chu Feng. In his previous life, more than ten years had passed since he had played such a role, and even though right now he had a body of a younger person, this body was just an ordinary person's, who had never been under any physical training for such a special forces role.

But that Fu Zi Han...

Actually, that time at the party, Yun Xiu already had a really good impression about this youth at their first meeting. Later on, he learned that he was Elder Fu's grandson, the Glorious Crown heir. He had thought that the other man was just doing this as a hobby, but in these past few days, the other man had proven that he was not just someone who couldn't endure the sufferings, or have the bad habits of a wealthy son.

All the scenes were done by him, even when the assistant suggested using a stuntman in his place, he never used it.

As he was lost in his thoughts, the doorbell rang.

Du Yun Xiu opened the door and saw Fu Zi Han in a casual white t-shirt with a bottle of medicine in his hand.

Du Yun Xiu was a bit surprised.

Although they had been filming together for a few days, he had never take the initiative to start a conversation with Fu Zi Han, the relationship between the two of them was not that close...More importantly, he did not want Fu Zi Han to think that he talking to him because of his identity as the heir.

Fu Zi Han actually did not pay any heed to those things as he easily found his way around the room.

They were having an outdoor shooting this time, so they stayed at the hotel suites; and Fu Zi Han was staying next door so the room layout was quite similar.

"During filming these days, I got some bruises on me. My grandfather was so worried that he immediately sent over two bottles of ointment." Fu Zi Han said as he shrugged his shoulders helplessly.

His tone had a mixture of foreign accent with a couple mispronounced words, so it was somewhat amusing to listen to. Listening to this kind of voice at night made people let down their guards...

"Have a seat. I'll get you a bottle of water." Du Yun Xiu politely said to the other man.

"Pepsi." The other man did not show any modesty, as his amber eyes stared straight back at Yun Xiu with an energetic smile of a big boy hanging on his lips.

Du Yun Xiu took two cans out of the refrigerator and handed one to the other.

Fu Zi Han took the can, opened it and took a mouthful, his slender neck slightly tilted back, revealing a youthful and attractive neckline, the wheat-color skin under the light seemed to turn into a dense honey color...

"Ah, feels great!" Fu Zi Han comfortably narrowed his eyes.

Du Yun Xiu also smiled and took a sip, and then held the Pepsi can gently in his hand.

"I never thought that I can be in a drama with you!" Fu Zi Han's smiling eyes stared back at the other man in the room, his handsome facial features attracting his audience, "When I was abroad, I saw your drama 《The Legacy》. At that time, all of my female classmates pointed to you as they said to me Richard, I want to have a boyfriend like him..."

Fu Zi Han's tone was very brisk.

His tone was not polite like at that formal party before, he sounded more like an ordinary teenager which matched his age, revealing a youth and refreshing atmosphere. The light fell on his profile, his nose's silhouette reflecting an image of a straight mountain.

"It was just in the drama." Du Yun Xiu lightly shook his head smiling, "It was not really..."

But the other man in the room was being captivated by this smile of his.

With such charming amber eyes staring deeply at him, it felt like...some kind of worship, curiosity, and another unnamed feeling to it...

"What? Something on my face?" Du Yun Xiu touched his face.

Fu Zi Han frowned as he shook his head, "There's nothing on your face, but there is on your body."

"Ah?" Du Yun Xiu was taken back, he skeptically looked down to his clothes and arms.

"It's not there."

Fu Zi Han suddenly sat up and scooted closer to Du Yun Xiu.

Because they were sitting really close to each other, Du Yun Xiu could even feel the other man's body temperature and his warm breathing on him. It was like an overwhelming flood surging through earth...he could even smell the lingering bath scent on the other body...

"It's here." Fu Zi Han gently tapped on the swelling abrasion on his arm.

Then he raised his head.

His amber eyes earnestly stared back at him.

---

End of Chapter 28

2