domestic – chapter 32 the turning point
608 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Kazuha

At the same time...

Feng Jing involuntarily faltered after hearing the news from Lin Xuan, and he was a bit hesitant but then he slowly walked toward Li Rui chairman's office.

For the first time, Feng Jing did not have any assurance in his pace...

Feng Jing had always been assertive.

When he first debuted at a young age, he was fortunate to be very popular; his popularity was comparable to Xie Yi's; even when he retired to work behind the curtain, he had also produced many famous artists and well-known groups.

As opposed to Li Rui's calm, quiet, and strong personality, Feng Jing had an adventurous spirit willing to try and constantly challenging the impossible.

Life is sometimes like a game of chess.

Perhaps Li Rui is the type to stay behind the array, strategizing and commanding other people, where he does not have to get hurt. And Feng Jing is more inclined to charge forward and totally annihilate everything on his path, even if he is to receive countless wounds.

However, Feng Jing understands.

No matter what he does, even when...he has to secretly pay for it, everything that he does with his best efforts, are all for Li Rui.

Because Li Rui is supporting him from the back.

Therefore, he can unscrupulously battle in the battlefield.

But...

It seems to be different now... Since when?

Is it when he was at odds with Li Rui regarding the Best Newcomer Award at the Golden Cypress Award?

Or is it when Li Rui wanted to ensure that the position of being chairman of ESE was not going to be taken away by getting engaged to the daughter of the Qin Group?

Or even earlier than that, it is because of that thing...

ESE's office building is several hundred meters high.

Dignified, luxurious, splendid atmosphere, and straight up into the sky, it gives the feeling of a lord standing high above overlooking the mortal beings. Other buildings around it are incomparable.

Receiving all the exclamations and worships from other people.

Feng Jing had to look outside as he was halfway into the hall.

The sky outside was still blue.

Just that he would never be able to control his emotions as he stood in front of this glass window. Is it he is not willing, reluctant to give up...maybe it has no meaning at all now.

A long time.

Eventually, the corrosion has arrived. Until this time, how many people still remember their first wish...?

"I heard you contacted Luc. Letting Li Xiao participate in this movie." Feng Jing walked into the office, directly asking the question right at the door.

Li Rui did not answer immediately.

He kept his calm posture as he skillfully signed off his name on the contract and placed the limited edition Montblanc pen into the crystal pen holder. Only now did he raise his head to look at Feng Jing.

"What's the problem."

A casual remark. This had an underlying meaning --- no need to doubt him, it was the ESE's chairman who made the decision.

Feng Jing's expression slightly changed.

The slender eyes curved up was he frowned, and his tone was filled with a sharp implication: "Does Li Chairman know that this case was already set? Luc has already found a suitable candidate in his audition!"

Not like he did not know Li Rui's meaning.

But the more Li Rui tried to pressure him with the man's status and attitude...Feng Jing could not help but to go against him, and his tone was filled with traces of gunpowder.

Who is he?

What his relationship with him?! Was it necessary to use this kind of attitude to resolve the problem?!

Obviously he had already arranged everything into place.

Why must the other specifically have a private talk with Luc to let Li Xiao take on the role... Regarding this matter, needless to say, he knew Li Rui had used lots of connections to make this kind of transaction.

That is not incomprehensible.

But Feng Jing could not tolerate it... such big news, yet he as the director of ESE turned out to be unaware of it! As Li Rui's lover, he did not know about it! It was an outsider, Lin Xuan, who called to let him know of it!

If it was not for Lin Xuan, he would have been kept in the unknown for god knows how long!

When had Li Rui started hiding everything from him to this extent?!

When had the feelings between the two of them gotten this fragile!

When.

The other even needed to hide this kind of thing from him. They are not only in a boss and subordinate relationship, they had been lovers for years!

Compared to the anger on the job.

Feng Jing had a hard time accepting this emotional feeling. So many years of feelings. Yet the other man could have done such a thing to him...in the end, what was he to Li Rui?!

Li Rui still kept his placid tone: "Luc considered Li Xiao as the most appropriate candidate."

"Oh, him." Feng Jing lightly grunted, revealing a disdained look, "he, in addition to singing all those ridiculous songs, hanging around women all day, who has never filmed even one of the company's idol dramas!"

"Pay attention to your words."

Li Rui's eyes exuded a light pressure, "A Xiao likes entertainment. He would like to come into this circle to play, and I as his brother should create an opportunity to let him play to his heart's content. Singing is his interest and hobby, he sings really well, but you have always been biased against him."

Feng Jing had no other comment, only chuckled loudly.

"Have no filming experience then so what? Everyone has to start from scratch, slowly accumulating and slowly practicing. Just like you pay attention to Yun Xiu, don't tell me that he didn't start from scratch. A huge tree that fills one's arms grows from a tiny seedling; a nine-story tower rises from a heap of earth..."

"Moreover, to say the least, this is Luc's meaning." Li Rui's tone eased down a bit, he then rubbed his temple and leaned back against the black leather chair.

"He is a Frenchman. It's true that Hollywood can accept any different beliefs, different nationalities, different skin colors, and different cultures; but, in the end their real concern is --- the box office! The profit of their creation! If an American director can do that much, then a French director must do much better! This is the rule of the game."

"This is the era of globalization at the box office. Luc's previous movie had seized the audience in Europe and Americas, but it did not get a chance to be released here. Working with ESE is clearly more cost-effective than working with a popular idol star. ESE has connections and a supportive background, has good relationships with SARFT and well known theaters in the country."

"Luc is a clever director, it's proven in his successful break in Hollywood, where he obtained his place in the world today! This is not just simply my thought, but also Luc's decision."

"Create an opportunity for my younger brother, and to let him try his hand in acting. As the chairman of ESE, and as the big brother, I don't think it is too much of me."

Feng Jing remained silent for a moment.

This man in front of him is undoubtedly powerful. Both personality and appearance.

It is always so impeccable. He would always remain calm, so calm and rational to the point of horrifying. As if he is a solid barrier that is so lean and perfect to the point where you cannot break through.

What Li Rui said is right.

Li Rui's business considerations has paid attention to the audience's age and habit, which are all correct...

Feng Jing more than once was being attracted by this powerful aura of the other man.

More than once succumbed under the other man's idea...

Even now, this is still the case.

He could not find words to refute the other man.

"You're right..."

"What you did --- taking away this rare opportunity from the hand of a talented actor who might be able to make a name for himself in Hollywood, and giving this opportunity to someone who is only having fun in the entertainment circle who isn't even worthy to be called "an actor"; just because the person is the younger brother of chairman of ESE..."

How much effort did talented actors have to put in to get to the place they are today, just because they do not have a powerful supporting background...?

Li Rui glared at him.

Feng Jing didn't argue with the other man, only silently withdrew from the other man's office. In Li Rui's eyes, Feng Jing's back suddenly appeared to be very fragile.

As if.

As if the other man's many years of arrogance and spirit had completely crashed down discouraged and tired at this exact moment...

Despite trying to be brave.

There is also times that he is this powerless. Especially in front of Li Rui...the distance between them is getting further away. He noticed the changes, but there was no way he could shorten it. Feng Jing took out a cigarette, leaned his back against the wall, self-deprecatingly lit it and sucked in a mouthful.

...Perhaps, the reason he cannot shorten the distance is because the other person simply does not want to.

*** *** ***

At the moment Du Yun Xiu thought he had lost this opportunity, Luc Rohmer's assistant called him to let him know that he got the role! The contract had been sent over to ESE, and as long as he agreed and the manager managed everything well, then he could sign it!

This was a bit strange.

His company had decided on Li Xiao...What changed? Did something happen?

Du Yun Xiu had not had time to think about it.

He received a phone call from Li Xiao, and the other person's voice was ruffian and frivolous.

"Yun Xiu? It's Li Xiao. You get the role huh! Originally, you went to audition for this role, if Zi Han didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known."

"What kind of relationship Zi Han and I have! He...if I had known you're his friend, how could I steal that role, that's how buddies treat each other! If you had told me that time, or I had known about this in advance, I would not have asked my brother about that role."

"I've dropped the role! I let my brother assign this role back to you! Come to Sha Ding tonight at 8 o'clock, I've reserved the whole place, come to sing K {Karaoke} with us! Remember to be on time, Zi Han is also coming!"

The other line speaks in a fast and light tone.

The other person did not give him time to refuse, and Du Yun Xiu did not promise either, the other person hung up the call as if certain that he would come.

Du Yun Xiu looked at the phone, stalling for a long time.

Only now he had enough time to digest all the information, so this is the reason the role he thought he lost is now being given back to him...

Turned out, it was thanks to Fu Zi Han.

Fu Zi Han.

He had not been in contact with the other man for more than a month. The other person did not take the initiative to call him or anything.

How...did he know about this?

The other man even spoke with Li Xiao for him.

Li Xiao must have known that this film will be showed globally, and Luc Rohmer is a big Hollywood director...

But with words from Fu Zi Han.

Li Xiao immediately dropped the role. No matter how good of a relationship they had, it was Fu Zi Han who spoke to Li Xiao, all and all he still owed Li Xiao a favor.

And Fu Zi Han...

Why would he do that?

Du Yun Xiu looked at the phone.

He pressed a button to open his phone book, he scrolled down the list until the three words "Fu Zi Han" appeared on the screen. There were times Du Yun Xiu wanted to call Fu Zi Han to either talk to him, or just to say thank you.

In the end, he did not call at all.

Sometimes, obviously there is a feeling at the bottom of his heart, and he clearly knows what that feeling is. But like Pandora's box, he doesn't dare to open it...

---

End of Chapter 32

2