domestic – chapter 38 flare-up
628 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Kazuha

This is a live FM radio.

This is not the same as those pre-recorded TV programs; this is a live broadcast where it cannot be edited, and every word spoken by the host and the guests is projected clearly to the audience!

Due to Legacy's popularity, the radio's listening rate is very high!

As a result, with this kind of occasion, in such a moment.

Du Yun Xiu made a remark that is totally in opposition to ESE's! A remark that clearly stated he that backs up Feng Jing!

The radio supervisor made a gesture to the stunned host, telling her to immediately end the program!

As for Amanda, who had been directing, revising, and averting all kinds of unexpected problems throughout the whole process of the show, couldn't believe that he had just done something like that! He openly went against ESE's orders, against her arrangement!

Amanda angrily strode into the studio.

She was finally managing to control the media these days, and making Feng Jing's reputation deteriorate, but everything just got crushed by Yun Xiu!

---That speech from earlier was very honest, very persuasive!

Even she cannot predict what kind of consequence it will bring! In case it has a major impact, Li Rui will judge her ability! Her chance for the director's position will be threatened!

"Yun, Xiu! You're an ESE artist, yet you use such a way to return the favor to ESE!" Amanda gnawed in anger, "I'm telling you! You still have a standing in this entertainment world, and it's not because of Feng Jing! It's because of ESE!"

"After this---you don't have to come to work again! Don't have to appear on TV programs again! No need to accept any acting role! No need to shoot any advertisements! You can stay home to "take, a, good, rest" for now!"

Her sharp harsh tone spat out those words of "take a good rest."

Each word being uttered by her carried a chill that frightened both Teng Ze and Wei Yi Fei who were listening. They had never seen Amanda this furious before!

Everyone present at this FM radio station, the MC, the producer, and the staff, could not help but freeze, and look at each other. Obviously they were witnessing a popular artist get "suspended" by his own company...

Everyone was scared of Amanda's anger.

Except...Du Yun Xiu.

Du Yun Xiu stood up and removed the headset.

His movements were elegant and gentle, his eyes were steady, yet soft with no lethality in them, and they were as calm as a crystal clear lake. The people around him were surprised by his movements. Even Amanda was stunned.

Teng Ze's and Wei Yi Fei's gazes followed his movements.

When Chu Feng lifted up his gaze there was doubt in them. He couldn't predict Yun Xiu's next move.

Du Yun Xiu walked step by step toward Amanda.

"You, what are you doing?" Seeing Du Yun Xiu approached her, Amanda's tough attitude waned, and she felt a trace of fear appear within her...

"Thank you for your previous care."

However, Du Yun Xiu just stopped in front of her, calm eyes looking straight at Amanda, and gently said that sentence.

"And also...you will never be better than Feng Jing."

"In all aspects."

Du Yun Xiu left the studio.

His posture as he walked out was perfect, in a gentle pace. Amanda felt uneasy.

A strange idea suddenly arose within everyone present here:

This person doesn't look like a frustrated artist who had been declared a "permanent suspension" sentence, but he looked more like---a confident knight with a gentle personality and firm belief!

Maybe he cannot beat his strong enemy...

But, he can sway the soul of others!

*** *** ***

Du Yun Xiu's speech immediately got posted throughout the internet!

Suddenly it attracted everyone's attention and comments, and it also received a lot of fierce attacks: "Yun Xiu and Feng Jing are of the same kind, they have such unsightly and eroded private lives!"

Some people even mocked: "Who does he think he is?! He is just a small newcomer, and Feng Jing has already resigned and left the company, what makes him think he can threaten ESE! Such a laughing stock!"

"Being X by Feng Jing must feel good, he even spoke up for him! Having such an ambiguous relationship with Feng Jing, that's why he takes his side."

......

In the midst of more and more unsightly comments appearing on the web, Yun Xiu's fans posted the first few counter comments.

"You know Yun Xiu ah! Based on what ground do you say that about him! You know Feng Jing ah, you obviously don't know the people behind the media, yet you blindly believe whatever the media posts! Do you even know what "three men talking makes a tiger" means ah!"

{Translator Input: "three men talking makes a tiger" - repeated rumor becomes a fact.}

"Don't slander my Xiu Xiu! I believe in Xiu Xiu, whatever he says I believe them all! I also support Feng Jing >.<"

"Yun Zi has always been a very hardworking artist."

"His growth, his dedication to his work, bit by bit, only those of us who care deeply for him would understand it clearly."

"And now, Yun Zi let me see a whole new side of him---how to behave with integrity."

"Yun Zi once said, 'A person, if his own benefactor is being slandered, and he just stands there and does nothing, that is the worst one can do'."

"When I heard this sentence, I would have liked to say something, but there is nothing to say."

"Because that's the truth."

"As we grow up, we learn to be compromised and acquire interaction skills to avoid problems, but at the same time, we lose the courage to tell the truth..."

"I believe in Feng Jing."

"Because I believe in you, Yun Zi."

"You deserve the respect and trust of each of your fans!"

......

While Amanda limited all of Yun Xiu's activities with her media relations, and kept all the refutation to a minimum, Shui Guo Daily suddenly published a joint announcement of the artists.

"We are artists who have been working with Feng Jing, and some of us have been artists under Feng Jing's care.

In the past, we were honored to be able to work and to be friends with Feng Jing, the Feng Jing that we know is a very talented and brilliant person, who has been a great mentor to the younger generation, and take really good care of the young buds; an extraordinary artist, an outstanding manager, an excellent friend and partner. Whether it is behind the scenes or in front of the camera, Feng Jing has always loved his career, and is exceptional at everything he does.

Recently, some media has reported some malicious slander towards him, which has completely distorted the fact. People like us who have known Feng Jing well, have understood Feng Jing and have worked with him, have decided to join to make this public announcement!"

Followed by row after row of the artists' signatures on the joined announcement.

They are all partners, actors, directors, producers who have been working with Feng Jing...

The signatures occupied half of the front page of the newspaper.

When Amanda read this newspaper, she couldn't crush it.

She had used up all of her relationships between ESE and the media, so that the internet will not release any favorable news for Feng Jing, and she even hired people to openly bash and refute Yun Xiu's fans on the internet!

She did not expect a turn of events happening at this time!

Those artists had just a few days ago refused to say anything regarding the news! How are they all suddenly make a joined announcement?

Those people are not on the same level as Yun Xiu!

They are people who have fame and status in this entertainment industry, even more they are the ones who have been friends with Feng Jing for more than ten years. Plus they are not artists under ESE, so she couldn't use "suspension" to threaten those artists.

If it were just a single artist that published the article, even if the person were not under ESE, she would still be able to send journalists to fabricate a scandal between that artist and Feng Jing, staining the other name with dirty rumors.

But now---a half page full of signatures!

When Amanda saw that newspaper, she felt completely helpless; she can use ESE power to slander one, two, or five artists, but how she can slander the whole half page of artists...

*** *** ***

However.

This was just the beginning. It can be said that after Yun Xiu ignited the trigger, wave after wave of oppressed opinions started to break out!

A day was not over yet.

Chu Feng made an official announcement to the media, stating that after Feng Jing's matter, he had lost all confidence in ESE. An excellent director who has spent more than ten years of his life for the company, at the end still had to face such a fate. And Yun Xiu who spoke up for him is now being put on hiatus by ESE! Legacy is no longer a complete Legacy...his heart also grew cold, so he definitely would leave ESE!

Amanda could not believe it after hearing the news from the assistant.

Chu Feng would not dare! How dare he say such thing! He is not Yun Xiu, he is not a fool! She had never heard him complaining about the current treatment.

He obviously knows this is Li Rui's order, and the one benefiting from this would be her! And once she becomes ESE director, she is able to give him much better chances! Better roles!

"Chu Feng wants to leave." The assistant carefully reported each word.

"Leave?" A layer of cold frost appeared on Amanda's face, her fingertips trembling, "Fine. Tell him to pay the compensation of 10 million! Otherwise, don't come find me!" Each word was being gritted out of her teeth.

The assistant got scared at Amanda's vicious look as she continued in a stammer: "Looks like...look like, Pin You Entertainment wants to pay it for him..."

"---Chu Feng!" Amanda's eyes were burning with fierce hatred within them.

As if she got slapped directly on the face with this news!

At the same time, as if all the grounds are filled with mines. Each step Amanda took was like an exploding mine echoing through the path. .

Chu Feng had just finished his interview with the media, the media on this side simultaneously started to report several news onto their sites.

"The artist that had been under Feng Jing's care."

"The artists under Feng Jing's care have made several achievements..."

One after another news was being reported.

Anyone who knows how to read understood one thing for certain---that is, all the artists that were once under Feng Jing's care, they all had become successful, even if they were currently not that popular, they were once the most popular artists!

What is the meaning of this.

This shows that Feng Jing is not a good for nothing. He is not the one bringing negativity to ESE, or the one abusing his power.

After the coverage of these reports, there came an even more bigger news.

"Pin You Entertainment wants to invest in a talented person---who was once a popular idol, and now is a well-known director!"

"Glorious Crown decides to hire Feng Jing with an astonishing salary!"

"All the hypes now---just to compete for one person!"

After all of these dubious news and reports.

The reporters immediately rushed to visit ESE's competitor, Pin You Entertainment, another well-known recorded label in the industry: ESE has been abandoning Feng Jing and even leaked out countless negative news about him, yet Pin You still wants to sought after him for hiring?!

The spokesperson of Pin You Entertainment immediately rejected the statement.

But they also seized the opportunity to criticize their competitor as a cold-hearted bloodsucker who doesn't care about people! Even using Yun Xiu as an example, suggesting that ESE decided to put their artist onto hiatus without good reason!

And the attitude of Glorious Crown was even more ambiguous.

Whenever they were being asked by the reporters, they started to boast about Feng Jing's previous achievements and stating that their company needed a talent like him.

When the reporters asked about the specific salary, Glorious Crown answered that if such a talent really agrees to work for the company, then they will offer an excellent condition!

Some people have their doubts on the matter.

ESE is a leading company in filming industry, and artists under Feng Jing are mostly actors. And Glorious Crown is a leading company in the singing industry, an expert in managing actors switching to managing singers seems to be...

Is he going to be promoted from singer manager to director? How about other managers within Glorious Crown, won't they object it? Especially Liu Zhang, the ace manager of the company, what is his thoughts on this?

But in facing these questions.

The spokesperson of Glorious Crown only smiled, and skillfully deflected, "The current world is different from before. We appreciate talented artists, whether it is acting or singing. Feng Jing's previous achievements, and his status within the entertainment industry, are enough competents for such a position..."

While Amanda was having a headache battling this matter.

Li Rui in the chairman office was also receiving calls from the shareholders, who were protesting his decision, saying that his decision caused the people's hearts to be unstable, and causing the competitors to question the company's image!

Especially a shareholder with the surname Zhou is absolutely opposing Li Rui's decision to dismiss Feng Jing! Even accusing him for making ESE become such a joke to the media!

Li Rui only sneered.

That shareholder with surname Zhou even dared to criticize his decision, while the person himself is a perverted sadist! The other has caused many young boys to become handicapped due to his wicked hobby. If it was not due to the other person holding a 10% share of ESE, he would not bother to deal with such a person.

---

End of Chapter 38

2