domestic – chapter 40 feng jing's counterattack [part 2]
926 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Kazuha

If Li Rui were at the favorable position at the beginning of this whole ordeal.

Then Yun Xiu's words of support for Feng Jing was the first counterattack, followed by the joint statement that indicated that the other artists continued to show support to Feng Jing, and the support from Glorious Crown Entertainment and Pin You Entertainment were like stones stirring up a calm lake, then the situation got completely reversed.

However, this was not all.

From an outsider's point of view, it looked like they were evenly matched, with the smoke of gunpowder everywhere, but the most important issues were not resolved!

Chu Feng's breach of contract, Yun Xiu's forced hiatus, and his resignation...

Feng Jing was lying on the white leather sofa, narrow eyes slightly squinted, as he swirled the glass in his hand.

The glass of wine glowed a bright red color with a sweet fragrance filling the air.

His hatred for being betrayed and abandoned still made him feel uncomfortable and ashamed when he thought about it even now, but Feng Jing found that his previous of idea of dragging Li Rui to hell with him was no longer that strong.

The enemy had lost one thousand, in return we also lost even hundred...

That is not the best solution.

Yun Xiu still has a long road ahead of him, he might have a much better future in front of him, and he may even become famous overseas.

Plus he was just thirty years old. Even when he heard the name "Li Rui", his heart would start to bleed a little...but why should he use the second half of his life to avenge that heartless person---it was like proving that Li Rui had ruined the first half of his life, in the end when looking back at it, his feelings he had for him for many years were nothing but a joke to the other?!

Feng Jing has always been the epitome of evildoing.

The long and narrow eyes paired with perfectly shaped eyebrows and the teardrop mole at the outer corner of the eye made him look strangely attractive, giving off an indescribable charm that appealed to others.

But at this moment.

A trace of solemn loneliness that he had been suppressing for such a long time finally emerged...it was as if all the bustling in the night disappeared in that loneliness.

He played with his cell phone for a long moment.

He held it up then put it down, then picked it up again.

Yun Xiu was getting busy in the kitchen making dinner for him.

After learning that Yun Xiu had been put on hiatus by ESE, Feng Jing started to restrain himself, started to drink less and to eat regularly. Before, both him and Li Rui were busy people, so they had dinner separately; even when they were together, their meals were either taken care of by the servants or they went out to those high class restaurants; now that he had a taste of the meals cooked by Yun Xiu, Feng Jing suddenly felt that eating homemade food was not that bad, he hadn't eaten food that tasted like that in such a long time...

As he watched Yun Xiu walk back and forth in the kitchen, Feng Jing finally made up his mind.

He pressed hard on each number on the phone, then waited for the other line...

Li Rui's waiting ringtone was Li Xiao's song from his latest album.

The song was like a mocking remark to Feng Jing.

He had thought that in Li Rui had not paid much attention to him the last two years because of the company's expansion, with more work coming that made the other man really busy. But when it came to his brother, even if here were busy as ESE chairman, the other man still had time to listen to Li Xiao's latest album and to download the latest songs.

Even with such little details, it was enough to show how much a person cared about another person.

Obviously, he did not receive such caring.

In Li Rui's heart, no one could replace Li Xiao...

Nevertheless, when the call was picked up, Feng Jing's tone was unexpectedly calm as he said the first word.

This even surprised him.

"Li Rui?"

"...Feng Jing."

"Haha, it's me."

Feng Jing answered very casually, but the other party seemed to be surprised at receiving a call from him, which was why it took the other man a while to pick up.

"You've decided to resign?" But Li Rui was still Li Rui after all. He liked to be the one in control.

"Resign you say..." Feng Jing repeated the word, leaning back, resting his neck onto the sofa, seeming to consider something. "Ah right, you had said before that if I take the initiative to resign, you would give me 5% of ESE share as...breakup compensation?"

"Breakup, but your fiance would not like this wording."

"Let me think for a bit, how about calling it loss of youth fee, or mental loss fee, or emotional compensation...sound better?" Feng Jing whispered each term with pleasure, while shifting his position to a more comfortable position on the sofa.

"Up to you. As long as you resign."

"As expected, Chairman Li is very concise, vigorous, and resolute. Dealing with personal feelings is the same with dealing with business, quick and determined with one swift movement, that even blood is not seen.

"But are you not curious---if I had the 5% share of ESE, what would I do with it?" Feng Jing pretended to sound troubled.

"...Hm, how about I give it to Li Chen?" Feng Jing seemed like he was muttering to himself.

"You see, he lost with such embarrassment, maybe he still has some interest in ESE. After all, he still has some shares in ESE...Of course, you have nothing to worry about, even if his share and mine were to be added up, but if we were to join hands with other shareholders to turn the table around...you know that with all the chaos happening these past few days, ESE'sw stock has been dropping quite a lot. You think they would be more interested in working with me and Li Chen?"

"That's right, the media really likes to gossip and get insider news. You see these past few days they have been very vocal in opposition to me, the old story being compiled by them becoming more and more imaginative...If I send them a few photos and videos, will they write up some interesting stories?" Feng Jing used the tone that sounded like he had just come up with an idea.

"In the end, what do you want to do." Li Rui who had been quiet up till this point had now realized the situation, and he knew well that Feng Jing was calling with a purpose.

"I want to do nothing. Just think of uploading the video of the two of us onto the internet, you know that this kind of "pornographic" video is very popular to the public and can receive great ratings. Especially if one of them is the notoriously outrageous Feng Jing, the one that is most talked about in recent news, while the other person is the smart and capable ESE chairman."

"Ah, right, we shall let your dear fiance watch this video as well. Since you two love each other so much, might as well show her all of you."

"Feng Jing!" Li Rui said those words loudly and with force, as he always did when he was about to get angry, "in the end what do you want!"

"What do I want to do...haha, you have ears, I already said what I want to do, isn't that clear?" Feng Jing laughed in a low tone. Such laughter made Li Rui unable to keep his cool.

In Li Rui's memory, he didn't remember them ever shooting a video together.

But he had been together with Feng Jing for such a long time...so long that even a calm person like Li Rui could not be sure that while they were in the midst of their pleasure, whether the other party had recorded it...

If this turns out to be true...

If Feng Jing really did upload this video on the internet, he would be ruined, and his whole life would be caught in this scandal!

"Your purpose." Li Rui squeezed out each word through gritted teeth.

If Feng Jing were to really use this approach, then the man would not call him. Now the man used this to threaten him, that means Feng Jing has other purposes.

Regarding this type of thing, he knows Feng Jing well.

"First, let Chu Feng go, do not pursue liquidated damages and compensation!" Feng Jing stopped beating around the bush, and named his conditions.

"Can do."

"Second, stop putting Yun Xiu on hiatus! Stop making things difficult for him."

"No problem."

"...Third, I will not resign."

"No!" Li Rui agreed to the first two conditions very fast, but on the last condition he got cynical.

"You can say no to the conditions, I'm just naming my conditions."

Feng Jing only chuckled, he did not get intimidated by Li Rui's tone.

While Li Rui is familiar with the way Feng Jing negotiates the business, at the same time Feng Jing also understands the other man's way of thinking.

"In the end, are you going to let me take 5% share of ESE, along with other trading secrets, and...that video to join ESE's largest competitor company...or to let me stay in ESE?"

"Of course, there are a lot of ways to stay in ESE, and I believe you can find a suitable reason to answer your fiance regarding my staying. That is not a difficult task for you."

"I'll give you a day to think about it. But you should know that my patience is very limited!"

Feng Jing's meaning is very sound and clear.

His only request is to stay in ESE, no need for position and status like before, this naturally meant---he would not appear in front of Li Rui as often as before...

Li Rui was about to say something into the phone.

But Feng Jing was the first to hang up.

He was a bit startled.

For so many years, no one had ever dared to hang up his call...but Feng Jing had done it.

*** *** ***

It was only after Feng Jing expressionlessly hung up the phone that he found out that Yun Xiu had already put food onto the table.

Maybe the other had heard the dialogue from earlier.

"That...it's not necessary to stay in ESE." The other man stood on the side thoughtfully, and only gently said that after a while. Maybe the other man had thought he was interfering with Feng Jing's private affair, so he put it in a more euphemism.

"It's just that I can't swallow this anger. Staying in ESE, and losing to that daughter who even though won't often come to the company, after knowing the news of me staying, she would get so mad that the anger would be stuck at her throat." Feng Jing's long beautiful eyes arched up as he drank his wine.

"But that way, it's very wrong for you." The other man still said in a distressed tone.

"...it doesn't matter. Besides, I spent too much of my youth at ESE, why do I have to do as they say? If they said they want me to leave, should I just obediently resign like that?!"

Feng Jing looked at the other man.

He certainly was not going to tell Yun Xiu that the reason he forced Li Rui to let him stay in ESE was because he wanted to ensure that Yun Xiu's hiatus was going to be lifted, and he would not be unfairly treated.

Yun Xiu was not like Chu Feng, who can easily be excavated to the second best entertainment company in the industry, Pin You Entertainment.

Such a big matter.

Even if Li Rui ordered to lift Yun Xiu's hiatus, he cannot be sure that during the time of the contract the company would treat the other fairly and not cause problems---this is the main reason Feng Jing decided to stay in Li Rui's company.

Feng Jing lazily stretched his waist as he walked into the dining room.

He leisurely sat down at the marble table, then picked up his chopsticks, "let's eat, let's eat, I've spent enough time on other matters." His facial features seemed to have recovered that self-confidence from before.

Yun Xiu smiled and suddenly thought of something.

He sternly said: "That...don't post that video on the internet; although it is a blow to Li Rui, you will also receive some damage."

Feng Jing arched up his brows, with a complex expression in his eyes.

He did not say anything, just took up his chopsticks and picked a piece of fish to taste it. The fillet was very thin and so slippery and tender with a delicious flavor, that it seems that it would melt in his mouth.

"I lied."

"Ah?"

"That was a lie I said to Li Rui. There is no video."

"You? Tricked Li Rui?..." Yun Xiu was a little dumbfounded. Just now he had overheard the conversation between the two of them, and it sounded like Feng Jing was mentally preparing himself to drag the other down with him, and completely did not care about his own reputation...

"Right, it's to trick him. It's my intention. Now come here and eat with me." Feng Jing looked up, his long narrow eyes curving into a beautiful curvature.

Du Yun Xiu still felt a bit weird, then smiled and shook his head, then pulled out his chair to sit opposite the other man.

Just outside of his line of vision.

There was a hint of bitterness within Feng Jing's half narrowed eyes...

The wave is coming fast, and the tide is high.

Feng Jing's love life of previous years was being dug out at full swing, and still not clear. Then suddenly an even more big news came--- "Li Xiao and Pei Qing Kissed! Super popular Idol and the King of stardom are gay?"

---

End of Chapter 40

2