Prolog
2.9k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young woman ran down the narrow alleyways of Rome, her heels hitting loudly on the cobblestones of the paviment, and glowed with happiness. She wore a high ponytail and a jacket showing an old-fashioned university emblem n the back jumping into the Arms of a young male in front of her.

"I did it, I did it!" she announced proudly and smiled at him. He, a lot taller than her, smiled back in delight. His girlfriend had just passed her last test, gaining her bachelor of liberal arts.

"I am happy for you," he whispered gently, hugging her back and twirling them around.

"You cursed bastards!" someone screamed, and the happy couple turned around. Another woman stood there, holding a gun; she was trembling and crying.

"Wait, wait, Lucilla, what are you doing?!" The girl cried out and placed herself in front of her boyfriend. The woman shook her head.

"Out of the way, Rebecca, I have business with him, not you."

"Lucilla, st..."

Bang.

She looked down at her shirt, and a red spot spread on the white silk.

"Wh..." Rebecca whispered and collapsed. A scream erupted from her, and the woman called Lucilla fell to her knees, crying bitterly. The man smiled deligthed at her.

"Good work.", he said, and she blinked at him, tears running down her cheeks, and nodded; he said she did a good job.

She had just murdered her best friend; smiling, she raised the gun again and shot a second time.

Bang.

"Now, now, I did a good job," Lucilla whispered. Reading her gun the third time.

Bang.

The bodies remained lying in the cold, remote alleyway of Rome. A bit further away, one could listen to the laughter of people enjoying themselves.
A light blue sheen appeared, and one of the bodies vanished, slowly dissolving into a million glittering, shining small pieces.

43