Chapter 5
2.2k 4 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days later

Elder Jack fretted over their clothes, dark blue with silver accents and brand new. His wife even put an old flower hairpin of hers into Tang Yin's small ponytail. Complaining, she looked so boyish. Tang Yin shrugged her shoulders. It was better if Dad thought about her as a boy. The two made a lovely pair. Black-haired and bright-eyed, with matching clothes and holding each other's hands. She was a little smaller and slimmer, with pale skin and a tiny mischievous smile. On the other hand, he was a bit stern, too earnest, and brimming with health. Resembling a small adult.

They arrived a little too early at the chapel right in the middle of the village; it seemed that churches always were at the same place in towns regardless of the world.
Seeing who stood before it, leaning at the door, Tang Yin gaped in shock.

"Dad!?"

He stood there, his beard shaved, his hair groomed, and in fresh clothes. Then, he walked towards them, put his hands on their heads, and made a grumpy sound before leaving.
Tang Yin and Tang San looked at their leaving Father and each other. It was the first time since they were babies that he showed care for them.

"Is he sick?" she whispered to her brother.

No answer, no reaction.

"So he still has some decency left as a father.", elder Jack said and bowed down to them, "now, you two let me explain. Spirit Masters are the most honorable Profession in our world, and they can achieve things most can only dream of."

"We know; Teacher Lee taught us a little.", Tang San continued,

"they are ranked according to their Power, starting with Spirit Scholar, Spirit Master, Grandmaster, Elder, Ancestor, King, Emperor, Sage, Douluo, and Title Douluo."

Elder Jack's eyes shone brightly with pride at his knowledge.

"Now, our Holy Spirit Village once had a level eighty Spirit Sage that is extremely rare, even when considering the entire Province." He explained further.

Tang Yin somehow felt excited and giddy at getting her Soul Weapon awakened. The other Kids slowly arrived too. The more came, the more hostile glances she got, but soon everyone had gathered.

They entered together. Tang Yin squeezed her brother's hand, slightly nervous. She knew Tang San was badass and would possess spirit power, but he would also gain powerful enemies one day. Since she shared genes with him, she was sure her talent wasn't bad, but the difference between them was that she didn't have his brains or anything else that made him who he was.

Damn, she liked him; she didn't want to become a weakness for him. She tried to be strong enough to keep her dear people safe. This would decide if she would be capable of doing so. It was an all-or-nothing.

"It's fine, Sister.", he whispered, "you don't have to worry."

She looked at him and smiled; he had no idea, no clue what was about to come, to happen in his future.

"I know...it's just...forget it."

The two of them walked to the church's altar, where a young man waited, looking down at the children with barely disguised disdain. He would never spend time in such a place if it weren't obligatory.

" I am called Su Yuntao, a twenty-sixth-ranked Spirit Grandmaster, and will be your guide. Now, I will have you undergo spirit awakening one by one. But, remember, regardless of what happens, do not be afraid." He introduced himself. His nose was sky-high, and his intonation was like an aristocrat's.

"Arrog..." A hand covered her mouth, and she glared at Tang San, that told her to remain silent.

"Later." He whispered, and their concentration moved back towards the young man that already started boasting.

"...not to be afraid. This is my spirit, Lone Wolf. If one of you can become a spiritual master in the future, they will also be able to employ similar abilities."

To change color like a rainbow and buff up, isn't some of that extra impractical when moving? Wandered through her mind as she observed him. In comics, it looked cool; in reality still excellent, but somehow it was also strange.

Su Yuntao clapped his hands, and the first boy was enveloped by golden sparkles until a sickle appeared in his hands. He looked astonished at it with large eyes.

"Your spirit is a Sickle, a Tool Spirit. Come here; let me test if you have spiritual power. If you possess spirit power, even a tool spirit can undergo Battle Spirit Cultivation. After all, a sickle has a certain potential for attack."

The boy was led to a translucent blue crystal ball and had to put his hand on it.

"Now recall your spirit.", he said.

The boy did as he was told, but nothing happened.

"No spirit Power; you cannot become a spiritual Master. Next!"

42