Chapter 16
1.3k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We are planning to go in a few days." Tang San answered.

"Good, now we just have to convince your Teach, warn him, okay." Tang San felt his inner self despairing at his sister's words; apparently, she planned on doing it the usual way. The one using the backdoor.

"It might have been an Idea to ask him before scheduling his coming along." He said, and Tang Yin smiled even brighter.

"He will come." Pointing at Ning Feng and herself, "Because curiosity kills the cat and because I am certain that he will see the advantage in sufficient protection. The protection he cannot provide. Bro, hunting Spirit Beasts is Dangerous, and it will be a gamble."

"It may be better if you just take your life and enjoy it." But, Tang San said, his voice deepening, "Twenty years of a peaceful, painless life are not a bad choice."

"I know you will provide and care for me; that's what you do; it makes a huge part of who you are, Bro." She counted down on her fingers, "No worries, no pain, no war, no concerns, everything needed in a good life fulfilled by you. You would do more for the family than anybody else, even at the cost of your own happiness and life, but that is not now not what I want."

Tang San silently sat there and took a deep breath while facing Tang Yin, who wore her daredevil expression, "I will show fate and all the mighty gods. I, Tang Yin, will live as hard as I can, and if it is a short life, I will go with a big bang."

"Okay.", Tang Dan agreed. Xiao Wu, who didn't really understand what this conversation was about, looked at them with a puzzle. "Why would you die?" she asked, pointing at Tang Yin, "are you sick, Yin?"

"Well, you can say that. Well, rather, I have a bit too much spirit power, and my body is slowly falling apart." She discarded her glove and showed Xiao Wu the faint lines on her fingers, "Look, I can hardly feel my fingers there even if I can move them."

"They grew again." Tang San worried and took her hand carefully inspecting the cracks in her hand.

"A few millimeters; how are you even spotting that?" Tang Yin asked and watched as Tang San helped her back into the thin black glove.

"You are my sister, I notice. You should talk with the Teacher about it; maybe he can help; he is trustworthy."

"That trust is why we are taking him with us, even though there were rejections about taking you two." Tang Yin explained.
Ning Feng, next to her, stepped forward and closed her eyes.

"T-Tang San i-if you w-want Y-Yin to b-be happy, t-then be h-happy by y-your-yourself.", She said with teary eyes, "s-sacrificing your o-own happiness i-is b-bad." With that, she buried her head in her Teddy bag.

"I understand; thank you, Ning Feng; I will take it to heart." Tang San bowed his head to her.

"Guys, I'm hearing an entirely different problem." Xiao Wu interrupted and pointed at the door, "The dorm mother is approaching."

"Now, Ning Feng cover." Hurrying, the two of them hid themselves, but sadly, a loud voice was faster than they were.
"Literary department!" the shrill voice of the dorm mother screeched, and Tang Yin glanced at a trembling Ning Feng.

"Run!" Ning Feng whispered, and Tang Yin nodded. Then, they ran, abandoning Tang San and Xiao Wu with a quick wave. Throwing out a bed cover Tang Yin caught as Ning Feng took out a few glass beads and threw them toward the dorm mother's feet.

"Bye!" Tang Yin shouted and, together with Ning Feng, made an escape.

Escaping towards their dorm room, they tightly closed the door behind themselves, Ning Feng panting and Tang Yin looking slightly surprised atthe others.

"Why are we running like a madman from the dorm?" She asked Ning Feng, who pointed at the others, the door, and a piece of wood.

As if someone had cast a magic spell, everyone suddenly moved, and they blocked the door together.

"Again, guys, why are we so afraid of the dorm mother?" she asked, and the other looked as if she was a ghost. Damian, the only one apparently taking pity on her cluelessness, opened his mouth, "There are two dorm mothers, the nice one who caught us the last time and the not-so-nice one that considers us as less than vermin."

"Oh."

"Yes Oh, consider yourself warned, low-born, your constitution may allow a beating, but we have no intention of being the victims of such unpleasantness again.", Yu Hua said and, for good measure, put a piece o his wool around the doorknob and tied it to the bed pole of Ning Feng's bed, "Now this will buy us some time in any case."

29