Chapter 29
840 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This snake was angry, still slightly imbalanced by her numb arm. Yin jumped aside and cursed; the second piece of clothing had just got ruined; she only had four, and two of them were gifts from Ning Feng and Xiao Wu, respectively. Yu Hua altered them to fit and suit her.

Lize charged forward and drooped straight down on the head of the snake while Yule held the tail.
Hissing and spitting, the snake fought against its captors, and Ari breathed a sigh of relief.

"Finally. Something completely normal happened," he muttered as Lize landed on top of the snake, pinned its head to the ground, and Yule the four-meter-long tail. Angry, surrounded by a yellow glow and hissing at everyone, the snake tried to escape, but with little success. The two spirit Masters sitting on top of it were far more potent.

"Now, this is a suitable Spirit beast, supporter Girl, come here, it is for you.", Lize said but was interrupted.

"No, it is for Tang San." he stopped her, "If he is willing to take the chances."

"Mimicry effect, right?" Tang Yin asked; Gale spoke about it once; he said it was a theory developed by the Grandmaster, saying that Spirit Weapons didn't need to fuse with rings within their designation. No one was willing to try it, but he said it made perfect sense, and the literary department was willing to try it; it had not been like they could afford to get what they wanted before the Grandmaster came along, and even now, they preferred a second plan.

"Indeed, but there are chances that it will ruin you." he carried the same fanatic glance in his eyes Gale had when working. Tang Yin shivered while she appreciated persistence; obsession was another thing; it could destroy people in the worst of ways.
Tang San removed one of his poisoned needles and pushed it through the snake's head. "I have made my decision."

"Hey, ki..." Lize tried to object.

A strong yellow ring appeared on top of the snake. Wordlessly, ignoring Lize and under the Grandmaster's proud and anxious eyes, he sat down and slowly started to absorb the ring. As he sat there, he glowed with spirit energy, and Tang Yin closed her eyes. This was Tang San and no one else; he would be fine.
The stalk of blue silver grass in his hand started to grow longer and became more expansive, and the already deep blue deepened even more. Then, at some point, it started swaying, and countless small blue fire snakes began leaping in the flames of his rising spirit energy that dissolved inside his body. His face distorted momentarily as if in pain, but he returned to normal almost immediately, almost content with a faint smile.

After a short while, he opened his eyes and smiled brightly as if something marvelous had just happened.

"So what did you get? Tell me!?" Tang Yin blurted out before he could do anything.

Tang San opened his hand, marveling at the changes the blue-silver grass had undergone, and stood up.

"Well, first, I finally broke through, you know what, and I got..." He stretched out his hand.

"...bind and poison.", They said simultaneously, Tang Yin slightly distant as if having a Déjà vu. Tang San stared at her as if he was wondering how she knew, and she helplessly shrugged her shoulders. "Just knew it, somehow, don't know."

"Okay." Tang San accepted it without questioning her quirk, while the others watched the sibling's interaction while wondering what was different about them. While they were twins, they were different to an unnatural degree. Tang Yin seemed from another world, and so did Tang San sometimes when he played by his sister's rules that did not fit his earnest self.

"Now we should continue our travels; the world is not a merciful one, and me in person, I do not want to challenge destiny.", Yu Hua said and turned around, stomping off in another direction; unlike his usual self, he not only sounded sarcastic but also had actual poison in his voice.

"D-don't w-worry he is j-just f-fruit-frustrated w-with h-himself."

"He does not need to be.", Tang San said, "He may have a slower start, but that means nothing."

"He is simply walking another way than we are, not necessarily the worst.", Tang Yin continued, and Ning Feng nodded in agreement. The twins were not things Yu Hua or her could compare themselves to; they were not even entirely human in Ning Fengs eyes.

24