Chapter 33
754 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That is not mommy, Ning Feng. That", the Grandmaster said, even his usually ironclad calmness slightly broken, "is worse."

Lize, Yule, and Ari readied themselves, but Tang Yin couldn't help but stare into its eyes.

They were pools of jet black so deep, like two ponds you could fall into. It was colored in an undefinable color; she identified it as whitish, something all wrapped up. The scales were as big as her entire body, and the wings even folded in were gigantesque.

"Dragon.", Tang Yin whispered in awe, realizing something, "tree boy, you are our guest. The eyes give you away the same deep color." She said, and he stilled a toothy smile appearing. His slender and elegant head bowed down slightly.

"Not as stupid as I thought.", no he said, and Tang Yin stepped forward.

"I may be the less intelligent part of the genes, but not a fool.", she answered and held out a hand. His head lowered until his gigantic head and deep black eyes were right before her, blinking as her hand touched his head. The scales under her hands felt alive; she never knew scales thought like that.
"Something about you and your brother feels familiar.", The dragon said, "that is why I came, among other reasons."

Tang Yin glanced at the others, that had retreated rather quickly. "What reasons?"

The dragon kept silent as he curled himself in front of the cave.
"I didn't know spirit beasts were capable of speech.", Yule whispered, shuddering.

"They are; I heard of it before from stories and reports the oldest among them can speak the human language.", The Grandmaster said, eyeing the dragon suspiciously, "but that only goes for century-millennium spirit beasts." Their Mercenary company grew stiff in fear.

Ning Feng clutched her Teddy as Yu Hua took a step back like everyone else but the Tang Twins.

"He said he means no harm, so who cares what he is as long as he is friendly.", Tang Yin's said and bowed forward, "what is your name?" she asked curiously, making even her brother look as if she had lost a few remaining screws in her head, an accomplishment in her eyes, he never lost his cool.

"Mhh, Jiang, for River.", he answered, and Tang Yin smiled.

"Well, I am Tang Yin, Yin like silver. These are Tang San, Ning Feng, Yu Hua, Lize, Yule, Ari, and the Grandmaster. Can I continue stoking your scales?" She asked, and his vast eyes blinked at her.

"You are a fearless human child, " he said, tilting his head so she could touch it better. The scales underneath her hands had a white-grey shine of total uniqueness, they were smooth and hard, but at the same time, they carried a certain kind of warmth inside them that made them very comfortable to touch. Insider her, she felt something stir, react to the dragon, Jiang, and feel comfortable.

"What kind of spirit beast are you?" she asked, stroking his head under her brother's watchful gaze and the other's shock.

"My kind is called bone night dragons or death moon dragons.", He answered her.

"That sounds really fancy." She put away her hand. "Thank you for letting me touch you."

"Hearing that from someone who is dying, already died once, how amusing." He put three stones before her, "These are for you and the one among your companions that has no spirit ring yet." He said.

The Grandmaster stared at the stones in awe. "Are those stones from the spirit beast graveyard?" He asked, entirely shocked, and Jiang nodded.

"They are payment for regular dinners on the way out of the forest." He said, and Tang Yin tilted her head like he before.

"Will you not accompany us into the city?" she asked, but he shook his giant head, "No."

25