Chapter 47
310 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ning Feng fell asleep with daylight still up, and Tang Yin almost forced Tang San and Xiao Wu out of the room, wanting some time to draw and not go explore; they had been here for three days after all, and after traveling the entire way here, she was not keen on busy streets. Climbing out of the window, she went to the roof and, with a pillow, took out her pens and paper, starting to sketch out the city beneath her in swift strokes.

They were still stiff, and she had to stop in between a few times as her wrist refused cooperation and sighed. She missed Yu Hua, Gale, Damian, and even Jiang, whom they only met when in Star Dou Forest for spirit hunting. The Grandmaster, though, had insisted they went to Shrek, saying it was one of the very few places an unregistered spirit master like her would not stick out like a sore thumb. She couldn't attend a regular Spirit Master school without raising too much attention considering her rapidly growing spirit power. The only alternative was the Moonlight Pavilion for Arts since it was not a spirit master school. Since she wanted to be a Spirit Master, she decided on Shrek.

"Ahhh, damn. That art School even looked so damn nice on the pamphlets; they are the cream of the crop." She shouted into nothingness and fell back on the hard tiles with frustration. Well, she had little choice.

Above her, the air suddenly moved as she sensed familiar spirit fluctuations. Getting up, she used the purple demon eye and looked up into the clouds before screeching. "Is he insane!"

Jumping down from the roof, she rushed towards the edge of the city into the closest nearby forestal zone that was slightly tucked away and not easily spotted. Panting, she came to a stop and had her spirit Rings appear. The faint glow had to be highly visible for him.

True enough. Soon afterward, Tang Yin heard the rustle of leaves above her as slowly as large as two horses dragon descended and landed in front of her.

"Jiang, have you gone bonkers?" She said in a hushed tone. "This is near the city; you are a spirit beast. You can't go flying about here in dragon Form."

Jiang Snorted. "If these wimpy spirit masters could harm me, I would not be here. I wanted to show you something." He said and glowed, a silvery sheen ripping over his scaly surface as suddenly, in front of her, stood a young boy slightly older than her clothed in dark armor. His sliver hair tangled in the wind behind him as he bowed with a wry grin.
"See, I got down on how to make my eyes appear human." He announced, and she leaned in closer. Round human-like pupils greeted her no longer simply dark orbs but with pupils.

"That's pretty awesome." She muttered and was amazed by the sight, and Jiang huffed and strutted like a peacock walked around her.

"I know now I can pass very well as a human." He announced and smiled. "Like Erlongs older Sister."

"I have no idea who that is, but it certainly sounds impressive."

Tang Yin said, laughing. "So why are you really here? It's dangerous." She asked. "It's certainly not because you wanted to brag about your new humanified eyes and show off."

"No, not really. I am here for two things, one for this" Jiang stretched out a stone. "It's for your new spirit ring. It hurts to see you go on hunts; I don't want to see spirit beasts dying, so I hope you would be fine to use another stone. I know it's not perfect, but...you know. I got some for your brother, Ning Feng, and Yu Hua, too, if they want them."

"I can't speak for them, and I don't think Tang San and the others will take the risk of ending with a Ten-year-old Spirit Ring since it's basically a gamble to use the stones, but I can promise to the nine moons I will stick to the stones." Tang Yin said. "I don't feel comfy taking spirit rings from the beasts I killed, even if it is part of being a Spirit Master. If there is an alternative, I take it."

"Thank you, that's huge to me. I hope the others will too." He signed. It feels uncomfortable to see spirit beasts being killed. Lately, the people from Spirit Hall have been getting closer to the Graveyard and the center of the star forest. There are some people they call the Golden Generation. Be careful, Tang Yin, some among them are like you."

"Like me?"

"Mhhh, they are weird...wrong, but not in a good sense. It's like they are not right up there." He said and pointed at his head. "It's worrisome."

"That sure sounds like it. Your place still fine?" She asked, and he nodded.

"They cannot enter the Graveyard. No one can, except maybe a god." Jiang explained. "But I still don't like it."

Tang Yin nodded in agreement that she could understand. Nobody would like that situation. Though on that note.

"Is it fine for you to be here then?" She asked, and he nodded.
"Yes, I might be a grave keeper but not a prisoner. So I can leave and enter at will. It won't affect the Graveyard itself." He explained, and she patted his back.

"Small mercies." She held up her papers. "Wanna see how far I got with the new drawing?"

"Sure." Be bowed down and studied the strokes of charcoal on the paper. "Looks nice, but half finished, no?"

"Mhh, my hand refused cooperation halfway through." She complained. "You in for a walk. My bro is on a date with Xiao Wu, Ning Feng already went to sleep, and I am not tired yet."

16