Chapter 50
285 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guys, look at that village over there." Xiao Wu suddenly called out and roused everyone's attention. Tang Yin and Tang San automatically relied on purple demon eyes to determine what Xiao Wu had pointed at. A small village surrounded by a wooden fence, and many people gathered in front of it.

"I think guys...that may be it." Tang Yin said. "No other reason why so many people would gather in a so off-the-grid place."

"How is that school you want to go called again?" Jiang asked.
"S-Shrek Aca-Academy." Ning Feng answered him, and he narrowed his eyes.

"Yep, some green monster is on top of that wooden gate. The chances are good. That's really it."

"You can make that out at this distance?" Tang Yin asked him, surprised, and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Yep, I can."

"Are you sure that isn't a scam then?" Xiao Wu asked skeptically.

"Even Nuoding was bigger, or has the Grandmaster finally lost his marbles?"

"Xiao Wu...I think that's it." Tang Yin said as they came closer and saw many young people their age accompanied by their parents for a large part and a middle-aged bearded man sitting at the entrance gate with a small badge on his clothes that showed the same emblem as the one above the wooden arch.
They weren't the only ones skeptical around there; many conversations of a similar kind happening around.

"If you wish to apply, then gold spirit coins." The man said, slightly bored, and the first person put in the money. Then the boy stretched out his hand, and the man touched it. Seconds later, he shook his head.

"Age is wrong; you can leave." He said, and the Parent leaned forward.

"My son only recently passed his thirteenth birthday. Can you not be a bit flexible?" The Parent next to him said, enraged.

"No." The other person said, and then the Parent stretched out his hand.

"When can I get my application fee back? This is clearly a scam."

"Neither." The tester said without making a face. "There are no refunds."

"Hell. Had I known this Shrek academy was so rotten, I would have never applied!" The man shouted angrily, and his opponents pointed to the tree beside him.

"Mubai, someone desires their fee back." He roared, and the same Dai Mubai Tang Yin jumped from the tree, and the other had a conflict with earlier.

"If you want a refund, then beat me. That is the condition." Dai Mubai said, and around him appeared his three spirit rings as he glared at the Parent and child who had asked for a refund. Seeing the rings, the Parent muttered something similar to 'Our bad luck' and then retreated angrily. Between spirit masters, the number and color of rings were the only things worth an argument.

Then the line suddenly reduced by a third. Some people stood still in line. The next youngster earned an approving nod and was asked to release his spirit ability. Which he did and had the man frowning. "Disqualified." He said, and the parents with him were visibly shocked. The mother stepped forward.

"But how our son has a hundred-year spirit ring and is clearly a considerable talent." She argued, and the man signed.

"The entrance rules for Shreck are simple. Twelve Years or younger, with a spiritual power over twenty." He stated. "Your son is only a normal person. Our school is called Shreck Academy. It is an academy for monsters only; we do not accept ordinary people here."

Now it had caught their attention. When the man released his own spirit. Altogether, six rings rose from around him. Making him a Spirit Emperor with a Rank Somewhere in the sixties of power. In his hand, an elaborately decorated staff banged to the ground, the echo sounding off around anyone. In the Balak Kingdom, one could count the number of people with this measure of spirit Power.

"NEXT," The man declared, eyeing the people below him with a dark look.

Ning Feng gave Tang Yin a worried look. "I-I don't qualify. I-I a-am thirteen." She muttered and hugged her teddy bag tightly. Next to her, Tang San shook his head. "Don't worry, that's why you got the Grandmaster's letter. I am sure he would not have sent you here if you had no chance."

Only Ten people remained in line; the others left. Now it had caught them all attention. "What is so impressive that it disqualifies everyone about those qualifications?" Jiang asked Tang Yin.

"Well, you only ever hand out with us, but actually, we are considered a bit monstrous." Tang Yin explained, making Jiang look more puzzled than ever. "But how? You weren't even in the spiritual master department?"

"We are special cases, Jiang. Oh, now it's our turn; wish us luck." Tang Yin said when the four of them stepped forward. Tang San handed in thirty spirit coins, followed by Ning Feng ten.

"Tang San, could you put in some for me too?" Jiang asked, and Tang San gave him a long disgruntled look. "I'll give it back, don't worry. It's just this seems kinda interesting."

Tang San added another ten gold coins.

Xiao Wu stepped forward first and held out her hand. "Age passes." The man said. "Release your spirit." Closing her eyes, Xiao Wu released her spirit with a smile. "Xiao Wu spirit Soft Boned Rabbit." around her two yellow rings.

"Good next." Tang San stepped forward, and the man frowned. "I can't tell from your hands. Do you practice some martial arts?" He asked, and Tang San nodded. "Yes, I do."

"Give me the Leg then." Tang San put his leg on the table, and the man checked again. "Age passes." Before he could give his order for him to release his spirit, Tang San held out his blue Silver grass. "Tang San, Spirit Blue Silver Grass."

"Oh, now that's surprising; I didn't know Blue Silver Grass could be cultivated like this."

"There are only trash spirit masters, no trash spirits." Tang San said and smiled at the middle-aged man, who let out a muffled sound.

"That sounds very familiar."

15