Chapter 52
292 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leaving behind the Examiner, Ning Rong Rong gave Ning Feng a mildly curious gaze. "Aren't you from my Clan?" She asked, and Ning Feng stepped away from her, nodding in response and opening her mouth, but before she could get something out, Ning Rong Rong interrupted her."How come I have never heard about you? With your talent, I should have certainly heard something."

"I-I am n-not an m-member of s-seven treasures," Ning Feng stuttered. "I-I left." She said and then hushed Jiang.

"You left...but with your talent? I cannot imagine they would have let you leave all that easily?" Ning Rong Rong sounded genuinely puzzled.

"She left; your people let her go quite easily too, thought her worthless cuz she had trouble speaking," Xiao Wu told Ning Rong Rong. She considered Ning Feng a good friend and thus didn't like it when someone made her feel insecure by making inquiries about her origins which were a delicate topic for her.
"Well, it is a problem as a support spirit master." Ning Rong Rong said, "That's why I wonder even more."

"She is no pure support spirit Master." Tang Yin told Ning Rong Rong, whom she wasn't sure she liked until now, eyeing her skeptically. She appeared too much like a genuine noble lady; her skin was pure as freshly fallen snow, and her clothes, although understated, were clearly better than anything the others present wore, even the dark-eyed slender icy girl, one who was also not poor, from her looks. Her behavior, the way she held herself, and the way she pronounced things only strengthened the feeling of speaking to a noble lady.

Then a loud, broadly built man appeared before them, his arms crossed. "Seven surpassing spirit power above level 25. Is it New Year's Eve today? Well, a few more monsters than usual, then. I am your last hurdle; my job is to assess your combat experience." His gaze wandered from one to another, mustering them calmly. "My name is Zhao Wuji; since you skipped the second and third exams, it will be my task to judge you. You have one incense stick time to plan something out, and you must survive me attacking another incense stick. I tell you now, escaping me is useless, and you will not beat me with cheap tricks; your only chance is to work together."

"Teacher Zhao..." Dai Mubai said hesitatingly.

"Quiet Mubai." The teacher sat down and helped up the incense stick. "Here we go, kids."

Dai Mubai cursed quietly and waved to them. "Come here." He muttered. "This is no good. I was supposed to give you this test, but teacher Zhao took over. He is a 76-ranked spirit Sage, is deputy head of the academy, and is a battle spirit master. Only the Dean is stronger, so listen well."

"76 Ranked." Tang San sounded suprised.

"Seriously, now he looks much younger than the front door guy." Tang Yin cussed when Ning Feng patted her shoulder and shook her head. "P-Power has n-nothing to d-do with age." She said and had Yin cursing internally once again.

"Listen, would you." Dai Mubai growled. "You haven't got much time, so let me give you a quick overview of his abilities, or else let's not talk about an incense stick, but surviving his first attack will be a feat. His Spirit is Vigorous Vajra Bear. It has high defensive capabilities and is a powerful beast spirit. He is nicknamed Motionless Bright King, excelling in strength and defense; even though you might specialize in speed due to the gap in spirit power, he will surpass yours easily."

"I heard of him before." Tang San said. "Motionless Bright King disappeared years ago after a skirmish with Spirit Hall. As a teacher, I didn't expect to meet him here at a no-name school."

"Does it matter? Anyway, just hope he doesn't take you seriously and think of something." Dai Mubai whispered.

"Best we introduce each other then." Tang Yin pointed out. "We can only work together if we know what everyone is good at. I am Tang Yin, spirit blue silver grass, control spirit master, you know my level."

"Tang San, her brother, also controls the spirit master, spirit blue silver grass." Her bother continued.

"Ning Rong Rong, support spirit master, Spirit seven treasured glass Pagoda."

"N-Ning Feng, s-support and c-control, Seven treasures" Ning Feng got out and quieted down under Ning Rong Rong's wondering gaze as soon as Control came into play.

"Jiang, battle spirit, spirit dead moon dragon," Jiang said, sounding as uncaring as usual.

"Xiao Wu, assailant spirit master, spirit soft-boned rabbit."

"Zhu Zhuquing, agility spirit master, spirit hell civet."

Their gazes focused all on Ning Feng and Ning Rong Rong. Especially Dai Mubai and Zhu Zhuquing seemed to be closely mustering the two.

"You are both from seven treasured glasses? What are you doing here?" Dai Mubai sounded puzzled.

"N-No." Ning Feng quickly protested. "I-I am n-not. T-Tang S-Sect." Then she pointed at the Tang Twins as to say, the same as them.

"I can amplify everyone's abilities up to thirty percent; considering the time limit, it should be no problem to do continuously." Ning Rong Rong cut in before more questions could rise double, taking at Ning Feng.

"Oh, that's useful," Jiang said, whistling in admire men. "We should be able to outrun even him then to a certain degree with Feng's remote teleport."

"That's not the goal Jiang." Xiao Wu joked.

"But it's good to know." Tang San added in. "Sis, can you use a weave to make the plaza into our field?"

"Sure." Tang Yin agreed. "I can make this our battlefield."

"Good then, listen, I have a plan." Tang San said and began by taking stones from his belt and placing them on the ground, explaining his intentions.

12