Chapter 57
247 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nightfall came quickly, and Zhao Wuji felt an unknown spirit energy approaching. Hurrying outside, he headed to the forest a bit slower than usual, the stab wound from the small girl, Tang Yin, still somewhat hurting.

Today had been a surprising day, to say the least. The new applicants were a bundle of surprises. 

One did not fulfill all requirements but came with a letter from the Grandmaster where he asked to make an exception for her. There was one with a dragon beast spirit that he was certain had held back  while fighting. 

The rabbit and the cat girls also proved to be impressive figures, two, two people from seven treasured, one even NIng Fengzhis daughter for the sake of gods, the other was weird. The one with the letter. She moved and fought like the siblings, and he had more of the feeling of fighting a controlled spirit master than a supporter while watching her.

Then there were the Tang Siblings. If he had to peck the bigger monster, he'd say the brother, but the sister wasn't far from him. She fought more straightforwardly and had a temper to match how she completely disregarded him, but the bigger spirit power. He was a brilliant fighter, better at spirit arts, and the calmer one among them, outwardly at least.

He reached the forest, and his attention turned to the situation. He barreled inside and moved through it, following the spirit power until he saw a robed man standing there. He stood in front of him and stared at him. Quietly the two observed each other, and Zhao Wuji felt cold shivers run down his spine.

The man walked forward, and spirit Rings appeared on him. Zhao Wuji snorted at how many people were out for a battle for him today. Was this someone from Spirit Hall, did they really under....his eyes widened.

"Spirit Douluo, Grand Soul Land Spirit Master." He muttered, and his eyes widened as he took a step back. What kind of misfortunate ant nest had he kicked today? "May I know who you are?"

 
The other party snorted with little enthusiasm. "It seems it is recently fun to belly the Younger Generation." He said, and Zhao Wuji felt shivers run down his spine.

 
---

Tang Yin's arm throbbed when she finally had a moment of privacy. Her fingers were numb, and she was unable to move them. Taking off the Glove she had been wearing, she hissed. The Cracks hadn't wandered upwards, but they spread nevertheless. A fine web of pulsating blue room her hand and arm. She tried to move her hand, but it reacted at a snail's pace, and she felt numb.

 
"Shit." Tang Yin muttered. Her situation had improved tremendously ever since she had gotten her first spirit ring and, alongside it, her spirit bone, but the problem hadn't gone and solved itself. She shoved as much spiritual power into her bone, but it was a bet. Too much and she would drop her rank; too little and her previous problem would re-emerge. But she thought she had shoved enough of it down just a few weeks ago to be out of the issue.

 
Maybe had her power gone and risen...or. Ning Rong Rong. Unlike Ning Feng, she was a seven treasured glass support user who had not doubled as a controller but was a pure supporter, and Oscar. Maybe one of their abilities restored or increased spirit power temporarily.

 
Now, sure enough, her body wouldn't like that. Carefully she put her Glove back on. She needed to find a solution to this. One that was better than just postponing the entire issue until she was dead.

 
"Spirit Hall...." Tang Yin muttered. That was the one place that may have a solution for her problem. Although the Grandmaster said that Shrek might be of some help too, firsts, he would try that. Suddenly her mind recalled something she read in the Nuoding Library before. "Poseidon Court. Heishen Island." She muttered. Until now, she had just heard dubious records about Spirit Hall, but she only remembered Poseidon Court since it was pretty. She needed to read up on that; maybe then...suddenly, she felt a surge of spirit power.

 
Putting back on her Glove, she ran outside. This power. Zhao Wuji and the other felt...familiar. Running towards it, she entered the forest and came to a skittering halt as she saw felled trees appearing. She was right.

 
Breaking out of the green, she looked upwards seeing a familiar figure, hooded and with a hammer in his hand.

 
"Father."

11