Ch.16 – A Simple Realisation (V2)
58 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sky sat down and thought about what Avis had said. He knew that nature was the world around him, but he didn't know what it truly consisted of. He thought about the plants and animals he had seen so far and realised they had one thing in common. Life. Nature is life. It's everything that lives and breathes, everything that has a metaphorical heartbeat. It was something that most people knew but never really thought about it.

He looked around and saw the plants and animals in their natural habitat. He felt a deep respect for them, for everything that nature consisted of. He knew he had to learn more about this world and his place in it. He stood up and made his way back to camp, his mind racing with all the new information he had learned. While walking through the meadow, Sky felt a sudden surge of power within him. He could feel the nature around him pulsing with life and his connection to it growing stronger. He looked around with new eyes. Questions ran through his mind, and he knew he had to find the answers.

Sky was interrupted from his thoughts by a sudden pain in his chest. He clutched at his chest and fell to his knees. The pain was unlike anything he had ever felt before. It was as if something was trying to tear its way out of his chest. He gritted his teeth and tried to push through the pain, but it only worsened. He could feel himself losing consciousness and knew that he had to do something. He reached out with his mind and focused on the nature around him. He could feel the plants and trees pulsing with life and drew on their power. The pain subsided, and he felt himself getting stronger. At that moment, reality slapped him in the face. Everything he had gone through, from reviving to his black heart, he had a chain around his neck. The chain of being afflicted by darkness and forever running away from it. He opened his eyes and saw the world around him glowing with green light. He looked closely at the tiny streams of light following through the etherlines like a stream of water.

He tried to follow the lines with his eyes but was soon lost in the vastness. What once was a simple purple had expanded into two separate streams, purple and green. The two streams simply followed each other like a duet. He was drawn into the dance and soon found himself in a deep trance. The world around him faded away, and he was lost in the beauty of it. The dance surrounded and filled him with an energy he had never felt. He was content and at peace.

He didn't know how long he was in a trance, but when he awoke, he felt refreshed and invigorated. The pain in his chest was gone, and he felt like he could take on the world. He stood up and looked around, seeing the world in a new light. The colours were more vibrant, and he could feel life pulsing through everything. He knew that he had changed, but he didn't know how. He knew he was connected to nature more than ever before.

Sky reached out for a small flower and was surprised when it moved towards him. He looked down at his hand and saw the small green vines wrapped around his fingers. He flexed his fingers, and the vine retracted back into the flower. He looked up and saw Avis watching him from the shadows with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"You've got to be some sort of prodigy or something in your previous life," Avis said. "In all my years, I've never seen someone learn so quickly."

"What did I just do?" Sky asked, still confused about the situation.

"You tapped into the power of nature," Avis explained. "Not many humans have this ability. Often races such as Twilight Beasts will have nature-related attributes. But, on the other hand, humans are not as in touch with their natural surroundings."

"What does this mean?"

"It means you have a gift, one which came at a price, as you know. If humans have the affinity for the basic attributes of this planet, and you have a rare affinity of another race. Then put simply, you no longer are associated with humans, but with other races too."

"So, I'm not human anymore?" Sky asked, feeling a little lost.

"No, you're not," Avis said with a smile, "you're one that is closer to ether. As such, the laws that constrict others do not apply to you. You can learn and use the skills of other races as you please. You're not the only one unique within the human race, but you are still unique."

"What about the darkness that's within me?" Sky asked, thinking about the pain he had felt earlier. "What if people find out about it?"

"The darkness is an attribute that is known for its hidden properties. People won't notice if there is a speck of darkness. But if it grows, people will start to take notice. It is a part of you, but it doesn't have to consume you. You have the power of nature at your side. Use it wisely, and you will find a way to control the darkness."

"I see," Sky said, understanding. "Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome," Avis said as he disappeared into the shadows once again. "Now get me some dinner! I'm starving~!"

Sky was left alone in the clearing, but he didn't feel alone. Instead, he felt at peace with himself and the world around him. He knew he had a lot to learn, but he was ready for the challenge. He was ready to start his new life.

'If I want to get back to civilisation, my level needs to be high enough that I can at least protect myself and not cause suspicion.'

He looked down at his hands and flexed his fingers. The small vines retracted back into the flower. He smiled and turned towards the setting sun, ready to start his journey.

'Speaking of my level, what is my level?'

"*ding*

"Soul system bases your total level by analysing your status.

"Calculating user Sky's level...

"Level: 6"

"Not too bad for a beginner," Sky said, pleased with the result. "Now, time to get to work."

4