Ch.0 – Prologue
401 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chorus. A continent for the strong to thrive and the weak to perish. It is a land of many nations, each with its own races and customs. And yet, despite all of this diversity, there is one thing that threatens all. War.

For centuries, the nations of Chorus have been locked in a cycle of conflict, fighting over resources and land. Alliances have been formed and broken, treaties have been signed and shattered, and blood has been shed. Yet, in the midst of all this darkness, there is still hope. There are those who believe that peace is possible, that the cycle can be broken. And they are willing to fight for it.

Unfortunately, conflict can arise at any moment on Chorus. All it takes is a spark to set off the powder keg. And when that happens, the only thing that can be done is to hope that you're on the right side of history. But why does conflict keep occurring? A worldwide system is in play. The Arcana System. It is a system made for the strong to thrive, an opportunity for the weak to perish. And it is the reason that Chorus will never know peace. People aren't afraid of death when death doesn't occur. Fear tastes like blood, death sounds like screams, and pain feels like nails driven through your flesh. But what is there to worry about when the Arcana System revives all? It will restart all.

A second chance? How about a third chance? Infinite chances? Restarts are a thing of pride, where it allows your soul to develop. But at what cost? A simple answer: Ether. Ether is a magical substance spread throughout the universe. It is the source of all magic and the key to the Arcana System. At what cost can someone revive? That is for me to know and you to find out.

So, where does this all lead? Conflict. That is the answer. The cycle will never be broken as long as the Arcana System exists. And as long as there is conflict, there will always be someone willing to fight for what they believe in. Whether it's for peace or for power, they will never give up. They will never stop fighting. And that is where our protagonist's story begins. In the middle of a war, fighting for what he believes in. Peace. A peace that wasn't reached, a trauma that was forever engraved, and a wish that could never be granted.

10