Chapter 2: Testimony of the Vayne Siblings and Freljord?
79 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

===

Shauna POV

===

Upon arriving with Athas at the Inquisitor's Station, we were greeted with the grandiose sight of many sculptures. Sculptures depicting acts of Demacian might and bravery, and how, against all odds, the small army of Demacia was able to repel the invading forces of the tyrants, Noxus. We immediately went up to the booth of one of the inquisitors and the inquisitor, with a very, VERY haughty tone that made me want to punch his snobbish-looking face in said: "May I ask, what two young... snot-faced BRATS are doing in the Inquisitor's Station? This is no playground, mind you." I immediately responded, saying "Sir Inquisitor, we have come here to report a case of a potential demon invasion within Demacia's walls. Our parents were killed the other day by a demon with two horns and we have come here to request help in apprehending the demon so that our parents are able to pass on to the afterlife peacefully." The inquisitor blinked a few times, snorted, chuckled, then started laughing while clutching his round potbelly stomach. "Ohohoho! That was the funniest thing I've heard! Demon? In Demacia? When Demacia has these anti-magic walls and is protected by Sir Garen Crownguard himself? Complete and utter lies! How dare you two children lie about spotting a demon. Get these two out of here. I wish you good day." And on that... interesting... note, we were thrown out of the Inquisitor's Station by two guards. Athas looked up at me. "Big sis! What are we going to do now? How are we going to seek help to find that demon who killed ma and pa!" I looked down at him and smiled, patting his head "Sometimes Athas, " I started looking into the distance, "it is best not to seek vengeance and to move on with life. I'm sure that's what ma and pa would've wanted." However, deep in my heart, even though I said those words, I knew that my heart thirsted for that demon who broke up our family to be apprehended and given their just desserts. I decided there and then, that I would have to rely on no external help, and that I would hone my own strength to become strong. Strong enough to avenge my parents and protect my brother.

===

Athas POV

===

When Big Sis told me to just forgot about avenging our parents, I felt mad. How could you just say that we should move on with life and just forget about all the things they've done for us? Moving on would be disrespectful and would dishonor the way us, the Vaynes, do things. But no matter how I tried to convince Big Sis that we should seek justice, she just looked into the distance with a far-off, yet determined gaze... After we returned home, we finally gave our parents a proper burial and mourned them. We prayed that fate and Karma be fair to them and let them be reincarnated happily in their next life. After burying our parents, when spending time with Big Sis, I feel like she's gotten more... cold. Although she tried to hide it with a smile, when she thinks I'm not looking, there is the unconcealed glint of someone who has nothing to lose, but everything to gain; the hunted that is ready to turn into the hunter. So all I could do was pretend to be naive, so that she would think I'm still her innocent little brother, unknowing that my mindset has changed ever since the two-horned demon murdered our parents... As me and Big Sis huddled together, seeking warmth, she suddenly said: "Why don't we go to the Freljord? I heard that out there, there are many opportunities for us to train and hone our instincts and abilities." My eyes shone. Perfect! Just what I needed to start curing this incompetence of mine and seek out strength! Little did I know that during this precise trip to the Freljord, the Vayne family would be further split, further divided, and drift further apart...

 

Uhh, still figuring out how to use these author note things. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Sorry if the chapter felt a bit short, feeling a bit tired and feverish. Anyway, do you think that the background/setting should be more detailed? Let me know on anything I can improve on :D! Until next time ~

1