1_ ch 14: A. Double
874 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

14. A: Double

Step by step, I walk onto the stairs.

After testing them a little, by putting pressure on my foot, I just started walking slowly.

After all, I don’t want the cliche “old stairs” scenario to happen, or to get surrounded by monsters because of creaking and rusting metal.

Though taking the steps have proved safe, and as so I am going down while being sure that there is no bald fang, or rat down there in my way.

And that’s ‘cause being encircled by enemies in a situation like this can mean instant “game over”.

“well, not 100% but I don’t want to test my luck.”

Steadily, I walk. And just like that, I reached the ground.

Then using quick steps, I move to the corner of the wall and peek at my new friends out there.

Looking at the situation, again, the rats are controlling this building’s entrance.

While the bald fangs are roaming around this building’s front.

And behind them is another building. Or at least what was a building.

“broken walls and a hole in the ceiling are a no-go for a house. No wonder those shiny heads are roaming the street in a mindless state.”

Chuckle.

That was a nice joke, but seriously, trying to pass those guys to the other side is going to be hard, as such I am planning on simply going to this side of the forest.

“A new base would be nice, but not here.”

And the reason for that is not only because of the bad public services here, the ugly neighbors, or because of the cold air.

But because of the odd feeling this place gives, added to it is the tingling sensation that I am feeling on my skin for a while now.

Is it originating from the whole forest, or only here? I don’t know.

But what I know is that a scouting mission is necessary and that I am the only one I can count on for it.

And that I would need to be careful of traps, and tricks that are hard to notice.

And so, my first action is moving the safe room’s entrance to this place, for an easier reach the next time in case I fail.

Having made sure of it being in place, I turn around, planning to start moving. But .....

“shit.”

Crack.

That was dangerous.

If not for me taking a look back just in case, this giant of a blockhead would have burst my head like a melon.

Luckily, I turned around and got a glimpse of it charging my way.

To think a giant as this one can actually move stealthily with no sound of footsteps, and even then, to still easily make a fist that can crack a wall.

Looking carefully, I can see the bald fang sniffing.

“so you charge like a bull, and sniff like a dog, but walk like a gorilla. hee, what a combination this is ?”

But honestly, to think that its nose was not a monster’s fashion to look scary, but was for sniffing actually.

That is logical but is somehow weird.

Stepping back from my place, where a giant fist is stuck in a wall, after almost blowing my mind literally, I glance again at this ugly freak.

To think that as compensation for its blind and deaf state, it could smell me from a more than dozen meters.

“wait a sec, if this one found out ....”

Looking behind the blue-gray shoulders ahead of me, I can see another bald fang swiftly running in our direction.

“well, shit.”

Stepping back once again, I avoid a punch from this one in front of me, while also taking my sword from my side, and preparing to attack it.

Having its stance crumbled by my movement, I stab the bald fang.

Correction. I tried to stab the bald fang.

“oops.”

But the blade got stuck at its thick skin.

“Ahem. you won’t attack a nice lady, right mister blue ?”

Asking innocently, and smiling.

it ignores me and tries to smash my face.

Quickly, taking my sword out and readying it, I successfully block the attack.

It is just that...

“Gha ...”

I was sent flying for some meters to the back.

“Shit, with no arm guards, that would have broken my arms.”

To think that I barely stopped myself from falling.

“It was close.”

Raising my eyes again, I can see the gray fang restoring his gorilla stance, and sniffing around as if trying to find me.

And while he is preparing to start advancing, behind him, the other fang is already there.

Seeing such a scene, and understanding that each of these two is more than double my level, double my size and double my power.

A simile appeared on my face, and I started stretching my limbs and spoke...

“What a challenge.”

And so, I made my decision.

Against this situation, of course, my choice would be simple...

“let's run.”

And as such, I turned around and started to escape.

But ...., damn. Because of the level difference, I can’t escape far.

Instead, even with my head start, those two are closing up.

Dammit, dammit.

“dammit. I am sorry, okay. Would you stop following me now ?”

Roar.

Is that a response or simply an angry roar? whatever.

“ I am sorry, so sorry, I won’t ever attack you again, so let me escape.”

Roar. Roar.

Shit, they are closing up.

“hey, I am sorry, okay? I won’t ever attack you again. I would only assassinate you in your sleep. It’s not bad, right? so will you let me escape?”

“roaaar.”

Hmm, does it understand words, or is it simply super angry for having to run this much distance?

Well, whatever .....

“I will take it as a no then.”

Smiling while saying so.

I suddenly stop moving and instead turn around.

At the same time, I grab the spear on my back, and with everything done in one swift movement, I stick the back part of the spear in the ground, while pointing its tip toward the monster’s heart, and ...

Stab.

I impale the bald fang, using its momentum, and lifting the body in the air.

Crack. Break.

Though as a result, my weapon was breaking, it’s still a good result.

And like that, I step back escaping the fallen corpse and pushing it in the other monster’s direction.

and with that, it gets hit in its face and falls over.

-Conditions have been met.

Lv4 have been reached.-

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Attack lv1 has been acquired.-

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Defence lv1 has been acquired.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Basic Physical Mastery Lv7 has become Lv8.-

Tsk, so even now, I still didn’t reach level 5? But at the very least physical mastery’s level increased, and I gained some new skills.

Though physical mastery kept leveling when I was escaping the rats before, it seems I still need some time or a chance to make it reach the advanced level.

But that can wait for later, as even as a level 4, with a difference of 2 levels between me and the surviving bald fang, I will be able to escape.

Though there is a chance I can kill it, but with my numb and almost broken arms, I think I better retreat for now.

And compared to me, that is agile, this ugly guy has small legs, and a giant body, making it impossible for it to follow me.

And like that, Taking the chance while it’s stuck with its comrade’s corpse in its face, I dash.

And then jump.

To a near tree’s trunk, and then to the next.

Each time reaching a higher height and using my lv4 status, I keep this movement for a while until I disappear from the monster’s range.

25