1_ ch 23: A. knowledge
600 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

23. A: knowledge

“when it comes to skills, usually they can be differentiated by many types, and uses, but they are mainly two categories: original skills, and extra skills. With original skills having levels, whereas the extra skills don’t...”

Wait, then is skills like health, original skills while Observer is an extra skill?

Is the difference in category that simple?

Well, it’s just the beginning of this paragraph, so I better keep reading this up.

“concerning the leveling of skills or even the acquisition of them, it’s mainly dependent on multiple conditions, with some of them being like proficiency and affinity. As without an affinity to a skill, it’s impossible to acquire it, and the same is true for having proficiency with no affinity,...”

So simply put, if you have no affinity with a skill, acquiring it is just a dream, while on the other hand, with no proficiency, you will simply have a hidden talent with no use, which is honestly no different than not having it.

“But I still got my physical mastery, and sword mastery simply by some exercise, so I think anyone will have the possibility to acquire them, as long as they try. Then is this simply some basics for all the skills ?”

Even so, from what is written, is there some other conditions ? like the need to prove your proficiency by some action, as an achievement to satisfy the conditions, just like I awakened sword mastery by using a sword ?, even though I already had what surpassed a basic level of mastery?SE

Though, simply knowing this is already going to be helpful to me. To know that it’s possible to acquire more skills as long as I have some understanding of them is a really reassuring fact.

And so, smiling at the new information, I remove my feet from above the table, and instead lean to the front with my elbow put on the table, and facing the book. When I got back to reading.

“hmmm, let's see. Where did I stop? .....hmm, ah, here. .... but even if the acquisition of a skill is naturally impossible, it is still possible to forcefully acquire that skill.....”

Wait, really? so what was the meaning of the conditions, if there was another way around it? ...., well, let’s just read. The answer is here anyway.

“ hmm,......it still possible to forcefully acquire a skill, by using the Skill Matrix if enough skill points were to be used .....”

Oh, so by using the skill matrix, is it? hm? skill matrix ?...

“wait, skill matrix? What the hell is that?

why did not you write about it in the introduction? it would have been helpful if I knew such a thing existed.

Still ...”

There is no point in thinking of that at this point in time. I should just read more so that I can understand it better.

“and to explain the Skill Matrix, it is a giant and complex collection of skills, with many types and categories for organizing and searching about a specific skill.”

Is that so? hoho, now this seems user-friendly. A giant matrix, is it? with lots, and a lot of skills. Yeah, I totally need to check it later.

“... and to use it you will either have to access it through the system, or to simply wish for a specific skill. But as a price for a skill’s acquisition or leveling it up by the matrix, you will need to use up skill points, .....”

Wait, so leveling skills is possible too? then doesn’t that mean that leveling skills like health and attack are possible.

And here I thought that in LSO you can’t increase stats by points, so it was actually that you really can’t do it, directly that is. But using the skills is possible to achieve the same result anyway. So you will just have to invest skill points in your desired stat enhancing skill, and here it is. A skill point distributing method.

But at the same time, it will be a waste to just use points for increasing your stats when you can just train to do so. Instead, using them to acquire a useful skill, is still a hundred-time-better use than that.

“but back to the manual, it says that skill point can be acquired by leveling up or simply by training some skill. But it says no more. I mean, why stop here, can’t there be a little more information ?, instead of ‘good luck surviving in LSO’ at the end, just speak about it a little more in detail.”

It really knows how to play with a person’s feelings, this manual. Though the information it contained will be useful.

And like that, now is the time to try it right.

Hmm, you ask what?

It is The Skill Matrix, of course.

Straightening my back, I say the word.

“Skill Matrix.”

And then it happened.

thousand of empty words, appeared, with a black background, and white empty letters, suddenly transforming the surrounding of my vision to become like the starry night sky.

Even when using the status, I can still see ahead of me, as it’s simply a projection directly into the mind, with no need for even eyes to see it. But for the matrix, even if it’s into my mind, if I were to try to do something else while using it, I am sure that I will simply fail. The pressure from having all this information inserted into your mind is really mind-crushing and distracting.

Looking at the thousands upon thousands of words that I can’t read, with them, changing forms horizontally, vertically, or even in some incomprehensible ways as if trying to adapt to my understanding of them.

Just this act of looking at them like that is already forcing my head to ache. But hey, would you blame me? a human brain wasn’t made to accommodate all of this knowledge.

“and the worst of all is that the more I can take control of my thinking, the more this knowledge keeps increasing as if it felt its dignity being challenged.

Though somehow, I can still keep up with the increase, even if barely.”

I have my doubts about the reason actually. It’s probably the Observer protecting my mind from this pressure, but it actually doesn’t help.

If my mind couldn’t keep up, then the pressure would adjust to my level, but with my processing speed growing stronger it will simply try to keep this pressuring balance from ending.

“well, now this is a headache, truly.”

With my hand on my forehead, and tired eyes glancing at the ceiling, I sigh.

While at the same time, I try to calm my head from heating up.

11