2_ ch 51: K. Otherworldly Tune and Suffocating Emotions
114 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

51. K: Otherworldly Tune and Suffocating Emotions

A giant, thick limb covered in red fur and armed with sharp claws. Nevertheless, as if that’s not frightening enough, that said limb was actually... rushing through the black mist and toward my unguarded neck.

... But this is weird, though... No, not the black mist, the red limb, or the purple light flowing from my sword, no... instead, what’s weird is the fact that by simply loosening my muscles, lightly manipulating that purple aura, and then taking a step to the side, I was actually successful in evading said limb. How...

“... Weird.”

Muttering that and feeling confusion added to the myriad of emotions filling my mind, I momentarily close my eyes and loosen my body, following the force of aura as I avoid the accursed demonic beast. Nevertheless...

“... This is weird...”

Weird, peculiar, odd... and even more, honestly. And no, I am not talking about the truck-sized mole flashing past me, the hypnotizing mist around me, or even the abnormal emotions gnawing on my inside. No, instead what’s weird...

“... What’s weird is the fact that I can still speak like this...”

Saying that and glancing at the overflowing light from my sword, I slowly tighten my hold on it, forcefully prolonging my skill’s time, nevertheless, what’s this?

Thinking such, I slowly put more force on my foot and stop my flowing movement, as I then raise my sword above and glance toward the back of the beast in front of me, but then suddenly...

“... It happened again.”

Saying that begrudgingly, I quickly take a step and then in an instant...

Booom.

Clang.

Baam.

And then in an instant, my sword and the beast’s claw clash. Then suddenly my kick and its face meet. And just as suddenly I once again find myself flying through air after I failed in cutting its flesh. Nevertheless, this is...

... Weird.

Thinking so, and this time not having room to mutter that loudly, I quickly flip in air guided by aura, and then as my foot touches the ground, I suddenly...

Boom.

I suddenly accelerate, aiming my sword at the incoming fist of an ugly mole. But, then again, it happened. This damn phenomenon again happened.

Cursing that in my mind and feeling frustrated, I attempt to horizontally slash the damn thing, but... It’s far. The thing that was only a few meters in front of me is now suddenly far a dozen or so meters, and as if the distance between us was undetermined, this distance...

Just kept increasing.

Seeing that and gritting my teeth, I quickly step forward and then change my sword’s direction, as I quickly attack cutting the empty air, when suddenly...

CLANG.

A loud sound of metal clashing rang and seeing that I quickly suppress my confusion at the instantly shrinking distance between us, when...

“... Dammit, again?”

Saying that and feeling frustrated, I quickly step back in retreat, creating a distance between the beast and me, while also raising my sword and defending against the coming claw, but then...

As if everything was instantly slowed, I and the beast lock our eyes on each other, intently seeking chances for attack. Nevertheless, this is...

“... Just weird.”

Looking at the claw drawing toward my sword at a snail's pace and saying that, I feel frustrated. Frustrated from the aching pain my tired muscles scream of, the agonizing dizziness clouding my mind, and also this damn oblivio-...

!!!!…. Again?

Thinking that and feeling the flow of time returning to normal, I quickly lean to the side while parrying the attack of claws with my sword, before then stepping forward and lowering my head avoiding another limb of the ugly mole, as I then quickly concentrate aura on my sword, attack its injured fur-less stomach, and then use the chance to slide on the grass below it, to then attack from its back.

Like that, once then twice, and thrice... attack, defend and then retreat... those same actions repeating on and on, as if simple steps of performance, or maybe a dance of two longtime acquaintances? Well, probably something like that.

Nevertheless, that’s not my problem here, no. because if I had a complaint, then... Yes, it has to be this tune we are dancing to. This twisted, hollow, and incomprehensible tune of Oblivion. This tune of otherworldly rhythm beyond my understanding.

And honestly, I am not even exaggerating here.

Thinking about that and feeling overwhelmed, I calmly tighten my holding on the sword, as I then glimpse at the charging mole for a moment, before then...

Clang. Baam. Ssssh.

Before then accelerating toward it, and attacking. Nevertheless...

Booom.

“!!!..Gha?”

Once again, I am sent flying, with me failing in cutting its thick hide.

Understanding that and feeling frustrated, I once again manipulate the light around my sword, and assist myself in flipping then landing safely on the ground, before then...

“Haaaa....”

Before then, standing in place and taking a deep, very deep breath, and calming my tired nerves. All, while also carefully gazing at the just as much exhausted beast gazing back at me. Nevertheless, the beast’s ferocious gaze aside, this...

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Advanced sword mastery Lv3 has become Lv4-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Agility Lv4 has become Lv5-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Aura Manipulation Lv2 has become Lv3-

“... is really weird.”

Muttering that word and getting fed up with this situation, I...

“Haaaa.”

I sigh.

“Damn... this is tiring...”

Saying that and feeling my consciousness flickering, I then grit my teeth, attempting to focus, while also loosening my hold on my sword and allowing it and my skill’s pressure on me to weaken. As I then slowly raise my head, and with exhausted eyes...

“Whaaaat?....” “Oh, I am hungryyyy!!!!” “...Tired, Tired, whyyyyy?” “AaAaAhH, it’s daaaark, can’t seee....”

“Ooooh, Hungryyyy!!!!” “Heeeelp, Heeeelp...” “Papaaaa... Mamaaaa” “Fired, You, Fiiiiireeed!!!!”

With exhausted eyes, I look with disgust at the accursed, ugly, mutant star-nosed mole, while also doing my best in forcing them down...

Those suffocating emotions rising within my throat.

3