2_ ch 52: K. Cold Rage and Black Flame
90 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

52. K: Cold Rage and Black Flame

... But those suffocating emotions aside, this is really...

“... Getting bad.”

Saying that and glancing forward, I calmly gaze at the beast just as tired as me, before then glancing to my side and checking my improving status, but...

“... Could it be that just like me, the beast is also growing through our fight?”

Saying that and feeling some curiosity and dread mixed, I... I just move my eyes and throw the thoughts aside, deciding to not immerse myself in unnecessary despair, and instead... I just gaze at the beast again... more precisely, it twitching nose this time. Nevertheless, is it just me or...

“... Was it like that for a while now?”

Frowning and questioning that, I am suddenly... silent. Because honestly, the only reason I could fight till now against that mole was...

“... its lack of attention.”

Yes, the only reason I am still standing here fighting against that bastard was not due to my desperate effort, but mainly because from before our fight even started, something has been attracting the mole’s attention. Otherwise, if the mole was to only focus on me and fight, then by now I would have probably been...

“... Dead.”

Saying that and gritting my teeth, I gaze more at the mole ignoring me for a while now while sniffing the air, but...

“... Is it just me, or is that giving me a bad feeling?”

And no, I am not even speaking of my frustration and rage, but instead, I am speaking of the beast’s occasional...

Shivers.

Yes, from a while ago I noticed the beast shiver suddenly in midst of our fight, and if I were to guess a reason, then...

“... Is it that blind bird?”

Well, the possibility is high, but for some reason, I... don’t think so. Why? I don’t know. It’s just a feeling, but somehow I think that whatever the mole is afraid of, then that is probably...

“... Something related to this scenario, I guess?”

Saying that and glancing at the scenario description, I pay some attention to ‘it’ for a while before then...

“Yes.”

Before then, choosing a new skill for myself.

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Aerial Step Lv1 has been acquired.-

And let’s just hope it would be useful. After all, even though aura was helpful in my movement, but...

“That was it.”

It was only helpful, nothing more. It’s probably due to my lack of skills, I guess. But the only thing I could do with aura was to help my body not fall, move a little faster, and do some things like that.

“But that’s only when talking about my body. For my sword, though...”

... It’s just amazing. The ability to move my sword just by thoughts, to control my sword with great precision, and even...

“To feel the strengthened link between us. It is really...”

Amazing.

Thinking that and smiling a little, I close my eyes and then, I...

Sigh.

After all, while it’s true that aura was a great help and all, but... I am not thankful, and I probably won’t be. Not when having the skill to sense aura, result in me getting subjected to...

“Kukukuku, thaaaat was fun...” “.... Whaaaaa, what to dooooo?” “Hey, Hey, Hey, don’t leaaaaave meeeee.”

“Oya? OyaOya? Oyayayayaaaa?” “Tiiiiiired, Streeeesed, whyyyyy?” “Luuuuunch? Noooo luuuuunch? Saaad.”

... Getting subjected to THIS HELL. Just because of a single skill, I have to listen and gaze at the beast, and whatever is hidden in it...

And honestly, I am getting tired. So, so tired. That the moment I close my eyes, would surely be the moment my consciousness drowns into unknown depth to then never wake up again.

“And that’s not even me exaggerating...”

No, that’s just the truth. And so that’s another scary fact I am going through right now. But, well... I don’t think I have time to worry about it now, nor the need to...

Not when my consciousness is getting squeezed awake and my eyes teared open... Nope. I mean, seriously just what’s happening here? With all sorts of thoughts and feelings gnawing on my mind, it’s crazy, tiresome, and disgusting...

“And to think it’s all caused by a single skill...”

Sigh.

I wish I could just get rid o-

-Extra Skills can’t be discarded-

“!!!??.... What?”

“Extra skills? Then can original skills be discarded?”

“No, wait. Is it even possible to discard skills?”

But there was no information about that in the man-

“... Aaah... Right. Of course, there won’t be.”

“I mean, this game...”

“It is completely FucktUp, no?”

Saying that and feeling a new bout of rage rising within me, I...

I just resign.

Yup, there’s nothing I can do. Reaching that conclusion and giving up, I straighten my back, and with my mind cleared I smile at the intensifying light overflowing from my sword.

Yeah, why think, right? Shouldn’t I just do my best and hope for good to happen later? Then let’s do it. And maybe I would get a chance to release my skill if everything goes right this time? I mean, even if I am prolonging Single Absolute’s duration, that won’t last. So let’s look for a chance to just release it all on that bastard’s head, okay?

“Sheesh, now I feel better...”

Yeah, why think too much? When all you have to do is break someone’s head?

“Alright, let’s do it.”

Saying that and smiling, I enjoy the feeling of this sudden enlightenment, while also doing my best in releasing all my pent-up feeling toward my sword, as I then...

ZzZZSshZshS.

Lightning intensified.

Take a step forward. Toward that ugly beast, and toward its end, I take a step forward. And did it feel my sudden change? It seems the beast is also agreeing to not prolong this fight, because suddenly...

C-crack.

With some small cracks simultaneously appearing in the area around the mutant mole, the previous ink-like aura around it was suddenly lit aflame...

And then gazing at that eerie and disgusting black flame, I suddenly...

Smile.

3