2_ ch 54: A. Azure and Black
234 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

54. A: Azure and Black

Each person has something they like, someone they love, or a place they dream of... And the same is ‘I’... As such, I am not shying from reaching it, the one thing most precious to me... Nevertheless, with all of the confusing things happening right now... I am starting to doubt if I will ever reach it...

But well... even if I don’t, it’s still alright. Even if I die, it’s fine... And even if I fail, it’s not a problem... After all, I have no doubt... that if it’s ‘I’ then eventually I will succeed, and so...

I am a little happy... seeing something of mine... something lost but familiar... something that ‘I’... truly miss... and as such...

I froze in place... after opening the door and seeing her, I froze in place... looking at the little girl in front of me... at her cute little face, at her long silky black hair, and her beautiful... Cat ears?!!

No, wait... that’s a fake, right?

Oh, yeah. It’s just a cap, fuuu. I was shocked there for a second.

Thinking so, and feeling my expression stiffening momentarily, I ignore that and then glance at the girl’s face again as I... take a step forward... staring at her Pure, Curious Azure eyes, I step forward, but...

Ah, I suddenly miss it.

Realizing that and clenching my gloved hands, I can’t help the pulsing desire waking up nor the nostalgia clouding my judgment as I slowly walk toward her. And so, missing that warm and beautiful feeling of crimson painting my bare hands, I...

ZzZzZSsZ.

I release my aura, and then with blue and red lightning flashing around, I... reach for her... flashing to the other side of the roof, I reach for her, but...

“....?”

But hmm?... What’s this?

Questioning that and feeling confused, I look at my hands and there, I see... Nothing... hmm? Weird. Shouldn’t she be there?

Thinking that and feeling more confused, I raise my head and look around, but... Oh, there she is.

But when did she get there?

Thinking about that and standing in place, I glance at the girl tens of meters from me, and then, I once again...

zZzZSsZz.

... I once again accelerate, reaching for her... but?

“... Hm?”

Hm? Hmmmmmm? What’s this?

Why are my hands empty again?

Smiling blankly while thinking of that, I once more look around but...

“Why are you avoiding me?”

Saying so and raising my head, I slowly turn around, and then glancing at a distant rooftop and locating her, I ask again.

“Say, why are you avoiding me?”

“... I feel Danger.”

“Hmm? Danger?... but why, though?”

Tilting my head and muttering such, I look at the girl in confusion, but...

“But hey...”

“it’s not like I will eat you, you know?”

Licking my lips and muttering that, I once again look at the girl carefully, as I then...

“Your expression disagrees.”

As I then release all my aura, before collecting all the black mist I can and...

Crack. Booom.

Rooftop exploding.

And then with mad lightning crackling around me, disappear from my place, only to then flash next to her, and with my right-hand reach for her hear-

!!!…

Clang. Ssshh.

Metal Clashing and Sparks.

“...Tsk.”

It seems I failed. Clicking my tongues and thinking that, I slowly erase the aura around me, and then...

I calmly look at it, my hand caught before reaching for her heart and the other hand of the one who just stopped me, but...

“Oh, you were here too? I didn’t see you...”

Smiling and saying that, I look in front of me and then moving my attention from the little girl curiously peeking at me, I glance at the one who just blocked my move, still...

“... I was here the whole time, though.”

“Still, can you move a little? I have no interest in you, right now?”

“Hmm, maybe next time? We can’t stay like this for long, anyway...”

“...... Oh, that’s true.”

Saying that and finally paying attention to my situation, I agree, and then with calm eyes, I look at them. The two in front of me. With Serene, Abyssal Black eyes, and hair of the same color, the one who caught my hand, is apparently shorter and younger than me, wearing a white and gray military uniform, and so is...

“Leo?...”

“... Yeah”

“Hmmm...”

Hmmm... well, you look young though, and also there is a problem with the colors, but... Oh, the gray should be blue, no? Well, even like this, it’s not like I can’t recognize the Guild Uniform, but still...

Well, anyway. If this one is Leo, then as I thought... the mini-Celis there peeking at me with Azure eyes should be...

“Licia?”

“... Right.”

Hmm... As expected, only like this can I see the resemblance, ha? Hell, if I didn’t see the azure eyes or didn’t know what was happening, I would really think it was Celis... How surprising... Blood ties, that is.

Ah, but blood aside. Hey...

“... Can’t you move aside?”

Clearing my head and saying that, I look at Leo in front of me, but...

“No...”

But for some reason, Leo is nevertheless blocking my path...

“Come on, it’s not like I will eat her... Not whole at least...”

“So you do plan on eating her?”

Well, yeah. After all, compared to the remnants I am sure, that Azure will taste better, you kno-...

“Alice...”

“... yes?”

“You are late.”

Saying that and frowning a little, the little girl with a cute expression stares at me and receiving that stare, I...

“Haaa... Well, I was busy...”

Receiving that stare, I sigh, calming my mind and getting rid of all the foreign emotions as I then, with empty eyes, return the girl’s stare. Before then...

Asking something.

5