2_ ch 56: S. Punishment Scenario and Frequently Asked Questions
105 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

56. S: Punishment Scenario and Frequently Asked Questions

Feeling my curiosity rising, I resume my reading of the manual. And there...

“Scenarios can be mainly three types...”

I found a curious thing. No, is peculiar a better word? Anyway, let’s just resume.

Thinking so, I once again look at the manual and read. But...

“First type is Trial Scenarios... They reflect the progress of the trial and are the common way to clear it... Second type is Sub Scenarios... They have no effect on trial progress and are more like bonus contents initiated by player’s actions, or hidden pieces...”

... But as expected, even when reading it again, it is still weird... And, no... I am not talking about the first two types. I mean, even if I don’t really know much about trials and scenarios, I still have some web novels knowledge and so, it’s not like I can’t understand what those two types mean... At most, I don’t know the details, rules, and settings of them, that is all.

“Nevertheless, the third type is the problem...”

And that’s because I truly have no idea...

[Punishment Scenario: is the price and retribution of a Trial, as such it has no reward or penalty, Its content is random and its difficulty is unfixed.]

“... I truly have no idea what this scenario type means.”

“Like, seriously. What does price mean? What does retribution hint to? Also, again what’s with that randomness?...”

"... Sigh... This is only confusing and adding to my curiosity.”

Ah, but what interests me the most is the reward part, though. Nevertheless...

“Punishment Scenario is it... A semi-independent scenario, not completely bound to a trial... And with higher difficulty, the longer it last...”

“... That just sounds bad, no matter how you look at it... Haaaa...”

Still, if I really have something to nitpick at, then...

[... Punishment Scenarios are not repetitive and each one is unique, so...]

“... So be sure to enjoy them...”

Reading that last part and feeling speechless, I am once again... Confused.

But anyway, repetitive or not, scenario or not, I...

“I have no business with it, for now. So, let’s just ignore it until I find more information...”

Saying so, and resignedly nodding, I once again flip the pages of the manual, put it down, and then after an unconscious yawn, I once more reach for the silver box in the corner. After all...

“While it’s unknown when I can find more info to process, it’s known where I can find more sugar to fuel that processing...”

And so, here I am taking another break to fill my decreasing Sugar Bar.

“Though it’s probably just an illusion... I mean, even my stamina is not decreasing here, so I don’t think I am really getting hungry...”

As such, it’s truly nothing, but my mind playing jokes on me. But speaking of jokes, what...

“What the hell is this?”

Saying so and feeling my mind going blank, I close and push the silver box aside, before then focusing on the manual once again. Nevertheless...

“Just what the hell is this?”

Repeating myself and saying so again, I... really have nothing else to say. And the reason for that is this page, right in front of me, titled...

[Frequently Asked Questions]

“Not like I have a problem with the title itself, but... the content... the content are really... ughhh... weird? No, is ‘Unique’ the right description?”

Saying so, and feeling my confusion becoming a headache, I groan from pain, while holding my head and leaning forward on the desk. Nevertheless, the content is not changing, ha?

“... Then I guess they are real?”

Rubbing my tired eyes and saying such, I once again look at the content. But they are indeed not changing and so, I am left with no choice, but...

“... to read.”

Feeling tired and muttering that, I once again look at the manual, and there...

[Tomorrow is my eleventh wedding anniversary, you see. And so, I promised my beautiful wife(Totally Real) and three cute daughters(Not 2d) that we are going out, and so... hmmm, just asking but I won’t die, right?]

And there I saw such stupid questions, with surprisingly... serious answers. For example, the first answer is...

“... Of course, No. You won’t die. So, be at ease. LSO is not a death game after all... or so it said. Nevertheless, this answer really... feel cheerful, no?”

Feeling my lips twitching and saying so, I look more at the page, and seriously...

“... Seriously, should I laugh or cry at this?”

Muttering that and somehow feeling lost, I just relax my tight nerves and then read the next question, but...

[Hi, there. I am a 24 shut-in, and I just broke up with my stingy girlfriend, who kicked me out. So, like, can I stay here? I will even pay rent, or work part-time if there are chores to be done(I am bad at them, though), so can I stay?]

“But seriously... these questions... are just depressing. Though the answers on the other hand are... Sure. You can stay in the safe room as long as you want, and there is no time limit for the tutorial... They are really carefree, ha?”

Muttering so and feeling lost, I smile a little while looking at the manual. Just to then tilt my head in confusion... I mean, there is no time limit? Weird. ‘Cause I am sure I heard something about time constraint, or did  I not?

“Well, whatever.”

Thinking so and just ignoring the topic, I once again look at the manual and calmly read it, finishing the FAQ, and then steadily improving my mood. Before then leaning back in my chair and...

“... Fuuu... Alright.”

And taking a deep breath, as I then speak a certain word aloud.

“Status.”

As I then, with a smile, start looking at it. My current level, skills, and power.

4