2_ ch 58: S. Acquisition Conditions Not Met
106 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

58. S: Acquisition Conditions Not Met

Leaning back in my chair and taking a deep breath, I calm my mind, and then slowly and unnecessarily, I speak a single word aloud, as I then with a smile, look forward at it.

-Status :

Chris Bright Lv5

Hp : 225

Mp: 50

Sp : 50

Atk : 125

Def : 200

Agi : 50

Skills:

- Notebook - Health Lv6 - Defense Lv5 - Pain Tolerance Lv6 - Basic Bow Mastery Lv9 - Attack Lv2 - Fear Tolerance Lv2 - Analyse Lv1 - Bow Arts Lv1 -

“... My current status, of course.”

Saying so, and looking over my growth, I widen my smile feeling both satisfaction and some comfort overwhelming me. Nevertheless, just as I began melting in my chair, I suddenly notice a certain detail. One I had been unconsciously ignoring, and that is...

“My name... Why is my name appearing in the status? Or more like, didn’t I choose a player name already? So shouldn’t That appear instead?”

Tilting my head with curiosity and saying such, I silently look at the blue interface in front of me, thinking of a possible reason, when...

“Ooh... it changed... the name...”

Gluing my eyes to the status and saying that, I just blankly look. And then with my mind busy thinking of possible explanations, I check the new name, but...

- One-Eyed Sage Lv5 -

“... Again, that’s not the name, you know?”

Saying so and scratching my cheeks in embarrassment, I just look, and then with me finally gaining some understanding of what happened, I try again. When finally...

- Sage Lv5 -

When finally the name is right this time. Or more like, I guess there was no right name from the beginning, ha? Instead, it’s just...

“ It’s just whatever name I think of at the moment that appears, be it my real name, my player name, or even... a meaningless persona...”

“And so, I guess the only choosing criteria is...”

...My current feelings.

“Kinda feel nice...”

Saying so and then falling silent, I lean once more in the chair and with my eyes staring at the ceiling, think of it again. The fact that my name is not a burden I carry, or a duty to follow, but...

“... More like a choice of mine, to ponder on...”

“Indeed, it feels nice... Though speaking of names... can skill names be changed too?”

Curiously Looking at my status and muttering that I think and try a few things, but...

“It’s really is possible... Kinda surprising...”

Failing to hide my surprise and saying so, I once again look at the status finally back to normal, and then think.

And so, yeah... it seems just like the avatar creation menu, the status too has a high degree of personal freedom... from things like changing skill names, changing the analyze descriptions’ style, or even the color and layout of the status itself, all of that is possible and with just a single thought at that. How surprising...

“But well... Enough of this. And let’s just move on...”

Saying that and feeling my heart beating with excitement, I straighten my back, and then leaning forward on the desk, I slowly close my eyes. Only to then, slowly open them again and look at it... That endless Starry Sky looking back at me... Nevertheless, this is it, ha?...

“The skill matri-... Huh? What?”

Feeling surprised and leaking a voice like that, I once again stare at the infinite black background, the endless pages of unrecognizable words and then, I pull back my gaze and instead stare at a series of messages right in front of me, but...

-Acquisition of Extra Skill: G??m??r? failed-

....

-Acquisition conditions not met-

....

-Acquisition of Extra Skill: G??m??r? failed-

....

-Acquisition conditions not met-

....

-Adjusting-

....

-Extra Skill: G??m??r? has become Extra Skill: Notebook-

....

-Abnormalities detected.

Extra Skill: Notebook has been acquired.-

....

-Abnormalities detected.

Extra Skill: Notebook attempts to awaken-

....

-Failed-

....

-Permission not granted-

...

-Failed-... -Failed-... -Failed-...

....

....

....

“But what do you mean permission?”

Saying that and reading the messages filling my vision, I slowly reach the final message, and then...

-Abnormalities detected.

Extra Skill: Notebook attempts to awaken-

-Do you allow it?

Yes/No-

And then I fall into confusion. Though the reason is not really the messages’ content or the abruptness of the situation, but...

“How am I supposed to allow it, when that very choice is grayed out?”

Like really, if I can’t even choose yes to begin with, then why ask?

Thinking about that and feeling speechless, I just blankly stare, when suddenly, I realize...

”Right, points... Skill points... that’s probably the reason...”

Thinking so and focusing, I am suddenly sure. Because I can feel it. The amount of points I have is relatively low, so that is probably the reason why the word ‘yes’ is grayed out. And so...

“... Should I just press ‘No’? or do I just leave it as is for now?”

Saying so and falling into deep thoughts, I close my eyes and then frown deeply, but... Yeah, let’s just leave it as is for now and see.

Deciding so and not bothering anymore, I open my eyes and stare at the message in front of me once more, before then ignoring it and turning my attention to the side, but...

“... But what was I thinking again?”

Saying so and feeling a weird headache and confusion bothering me, I focus, trying to remember, when...

“Ah, right... It was something about skill points."

When finally the headache starts lessening, as I then, with curiosity, start looking at some of the endless pages around me.

3