2_ ch 65: A. My Sigh And Her Smile
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

65. A: My Sigh And Her Smile

Light... White Light, at that... filled my vision for a moment and a very short moment only... Nevertheless, the effect that light had was anything but short, small, or any similar words... Instead, if I had to choose a word for it, then... Hmmm, yes, this will do...

“If I had to choose a word to describe the result of that light, then all I can say is...”

Devastating... That sudden weakness paralyzing my arm... Devastating... That sight of my finger instantly disappearing... And again, Devastating... That bone-scraping pain spreading through my right-upper side and burning my every nerve... Nevertheless, it wasn’t any of those... the reason for me choosing that very word. Instead, the reason was...

“... This very sight in front of me...”

Feeling all my power leaving me and saying such, I weakly look ahead of me, before then falling to the ground on one knee and deeply breathing. All, while still keeping my eyes on it in front.

That hollow path deeply gouging the ground as it split the crater, erased a lot of trees, and even...

“... and even made a hole at the oblivion...”

Saying that and following the slowly-disappearing black cracks with my gaze, I look at the other side of the crater and at that gape in the wobbling forest, where oblivion’s black is flowing from a big fissure, but...

“Haaaa... but even this is not it?”

Saying so and feeling some disappointment at me still failing in finding a way out of oblivion, I look up at the cloudy sky above and then still kneeling, I sigh... Nevertheless, failing or not, disappointing or not, I can’t deny it... The fact that a white torrent of light spreading as it erased the world is Super Cool in visual, and so... Just to make sure, but...

“... You filmed everything, right Shy-Kyun?”

Feeling worried and asking such, I turn my head to the side and glance at her, the cute girl in a black and red dress, sitting on my left shoulder and dazedly munching on a sandwich, but...

“Huh? Fil-... Ah, yes, Account... nom... I filmed... nom... Everything...”

Answering such with her little face showing confusion, Shy-Kyun look at me, then munching on her sandwich, she look to the front where a giant scar is gouging the earth, only to then once again munch on that very same sandwich as she turns back to look at me and then repeat her actions all over again. And honestly?

That’s cute. Cute enough for even me to stare at her for a while... Or at least, I may have done so if not for me having better things to stare at, and hmm? You are asking, what those things are? Oh, well... it’s nothing amazing, it’s just...

“... My stats.”

Or to be precise, it’s my Hp and Mp’s sudden loss. Well, I call it sudden, buuuut... Yeah, let’s just ignore that... anyway, as I was saying... My Hp and Mp’s loss, right?... So, first is my Hp, and well... it’s already lost more than a quarter. A part of that is from all my wounds still not healing completely, but... Yeah, the main reason is me almost paralyzing my right arm, no shit...

And now is my Mp, right? Well... It’s the same story. I mean, except for the amount lost, but yeah, everything else is the same.

That last part of the testing was clearly me going overboard. I mean, it’s the first time I really used Mp properly, not counting the time when using Aura as both Mp and Sp were consumed then, especially the later... But anyway, this was the first I used Mp properly, and man... I just HAD to go overboard in testing the Azure, that I ended up spending more than 80% of my Mp and almost losing a Whole Arm of mine... Yeah, it’s truly an achievement that I am somehow starting to feel proud of myself. So...

“Yeah... Me, Awesome. End of Story.”

Suppressing my laugh and saying so, I quietly stare at my status. Then moving my attention from my stats, this time I stare at the ‘Primary Colors’ category. Well, not really. What I am staring at actually is the subcategory below it, called ‘Secondary Colors’ bu-...

“So... Account?”

“Hmm? What is it Shy-Kyun?”

Replying so and raising my head, I push the status window to the side and then stare at Shy-Kyun curiously.

“So.. can I now give an update on the situation, or should I wait?”

Saying so and lowering her head as if unsure, Shy-Kyun asks me. But... Hmmm, the situation?... Ah, the situation... MY situation...

... Yeah, I completely forgot.

Or more like I subconsciously ignored it for a while till now. But, well... it’s not like I can really do anything about it, you know? Also, there were a lot of things happening, and a lot of Oblivion’s mysteries appearing, not to mention all the eye-catching things in the status window, sooo...

Yeah, it’s not my fault, it’s the world’s fault... And no, I am serious. It’s really the world’s fault for giving me, a person with a short attention span, a skill like Observer, that grant endless time, and so...

“Y-yeah, Shy-Kyun... Give me an update.”

Looking at the girl floating in front of me and barely muttering so, I do my best in keeping a straight face while also not acknowledging my negligence, lack of awareness, and also the fact that this game’s twisted world was just too interesting, that somehow I just got myself greatly absorbed in it without care.

Still, did I succeed? Or is the AI in front of me just that lacking in facial emotion recognition? Well, I don’t care, and she too probably won’t care. As such, oblivious to all my thoughts, the still nameless Shy-Kyun model in front of me quickly raised her head, and then with her expression brightening, she...

“Understood.”

She smiled while resuming her speech.

1