2_ ch 66: S. Lethonomia, Frustration, And Some Running
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

66. S: Lethonomia, Frustration, And Some Running

I spent a while looking at that skill matrix thing, but in the end, I couldn’t...

“I just couldn’t choose a skill to acquire.”

Not like there weren’t any tempting skills. No, on the opposite there was a lot actually, that I almost made a rash decision multiple types. But as expected, even if the skill’s name felt cool or seemed useful, that doesn’t change the fact that its effect is not really guaranteed as such I couldn’t just thoughtlessly acquire it. Especially considering that my points are limited and that the next challenge I’m facing is still unknown. Still... to be honest, that wasn’t really the reason.

No, that was actually just a trivial thing compared to the real reason. And that’s because the thing truly stopping from me acquiring any skill was...

“It was lethomomia... No, I meant... lethononia?... ugh, lethomonia?...”

“... Ah, right. It was lethonomia. But dammit, that matrix thing has really messed up my head, hasn’t it?”

Tiredly lying down on the desk and saying so, I take a deep breath trying to slowly calm both the throbbing ache and annoyance filling my head. Nevertheless, as I was saying, the reason why I couldn’t actually acquire any skill was that I kept forgetting their name, and as such couldn’t really make any comparison or decision about them, leaving me with only frustration and annoyance.

That same type of frustration and annoyance a person may feel on a Sunday night when the name of that new amazing series they were anticipating and only its name is abruptly wiped from their head leaving them with completely no way to find it. No, actually...

“... Is not my case even worse? I mean, I forgot the name of tens, maybe hundreds of interesting skills... Ah, then no wonder I am feeling this much frustration whenever I think of the word ‘skill’.”

.... So, yeah. I am tired and frustrated... Oh, and the sweets were finished too... as such, it’s sad... truly sad, that I just feel like lying here forever. No, maybe I already did?

“Ugh, this is confusing... and my head hurts... Oh, and time... it’s really vague here with this closed-shut room, that I starting to lose my focus... Sigh... I am feeling crazy...”

Saying that and feeling an inescapable sense of suffocation clouding my judgment, I...

“...?”

I tilt my head to the side and look around me feeling completely normal... scratch that, somehow I am actually feeling... refreshed?

“... how weird.”

Standing from my place and muttering that, I look in front of me where a certain notification has been hovering for a while.

-Choose a secondary weapon-

Then following that notification, I slowly move toward the only door I see and walk through it, only to then once again find myself surrounded by weapons, still...

“What to choose?”

Asking that and looking around, I glance at each weapon then the next, but...

“But is a secondary weapon really necessary? Well, I guess it is. Especially in case, I can’t use my bow, so...”

So, yeah. I will just take a pair of daggers. I mean, a dagger is lighter than a sword and easier to use than a spear, so it will probably do... Yeah, I hope it does... No, actually I hope I don’t even get to that point, but...

“Haaaa... Guess there’s nothing I can do, but to hope.”

Sighing then muttering that, I slowly move and equip myself, only to then walk around the room as I check if the daggers are obstructing my movement, but...

“it seems okay.”

Lightly tapping my dagger and saying that I once again look around the room, but...

“A new door, is it?”

Questioning that and looking forward, I rest my gaze on the two doors in front of me, before then reading the notification above them, but...

-Retry- -Next-

“But seriously, why even ask at this point?”

Feeling genuine curiosity and saying so, I look at the first door for a while, before then ignoring it and reaching for the second one, as I then turn that black door’s knob and slowly walk in with caution. But...

“... I guess I was just overly worrying.”

Saying that and lowering my bow, I walk forward on the black line I see, while also not forgetting to check my surrounding. Nevertheless, this place...

“... it’s different.”

After all, while the first place was a big room, this time it’s a big white corridor instead, with a height and width of about 6 m. Also, is it because this corridor is pure white with nothing in it, but...

“I can’t see its end.”

No matter which direction or how much I look, I can’t se-...

-Ready-

“Oh, is it starting?”

Saying that and smiling a little, I look at the notification in front of me waiting, when...

-Set-

When suddenly along with that notification changing, a familiar glow of blue temporarily filled my sight, before then slowly dissipating as it once again got replaced by that also familiar black and white pattern of chess. Nevertheless, this situation...

“It's is ‘that’, right?”

Tightening my hold on my bow and muttering so, I give another glance to my surroundings and take a deep breath, before then...

-Escape-

“MAKING A RUN FOR IT”

Screaming that and ignoring the last notification, I instantly push myself forward and make a run for it. Still, is it just me...

Clank.

Metal sound.

“... Or do I hear something?”

Grrrrr.

Growling noise.

!!!?….

“DAMMIIIIT, it really IS something after ALLLLL.”

Peeking behind and screaming so, I put more force in my legs and run more. Nevertheless, I guess now it’s obviously clear, ha? That this situation is really...

“AN ENDLESS RUNNER GAME, DAMMIIIIT.”

Screaming my lungs out and saying so, I ignore the grieving tears felt in my eyes, the loud growling heard in my ears, and also ignore that blue-furred, 5-eyed wolf behind me, and instead...

“RUUUN.”

1