2_ ch 67: S. Black Pillars and Highest Score
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

67. S: Black Pillars and Highest Score

A white and black corridor, a drooling, ugly blue wolf, and then there is the cute sounding ‘Ti-Ti-Tan’ from the score counter at the corner of my vision. And so, this is indeed...

“AN ENDLESS RUNNER GAME, DAMMIIIIT.”

Screaming my lungs out and saying so, I ignore everything around me, then inhale all the air I can as I fill my empty lungs, and once again do my best to...

“RUUUN.”

... From that wolf chasing me, from this fear gripping my heart, and also from all that worry overwhelming me... As such for now, all I want to do is just to shut my eyes and run, to close my ears and run, to move forward and run, then run, run, and run even more as I forget everything, but...

Piiin.

“It seems I am not allowed to.”

Saying that and waking up from my stupor, I abruptly look forward, and there...

“Dammit.”

And there I saw countless black squares glowing in blue, as they suddenly rose from the walls, ceiling, and even the floor, to then fill up the whole corridor with...

“Black pillars?”

Muttering those words and feeling surprised, I instantly throw myself to the ground, then with my hand touching the floor I quickly use all my momentum and roll forward and below a horizontal pillar, before then quickly jumping back on my feet, taking a better peek at the thing chasing me, and also sidestepping to the right as I avoid a vertical pillar. Still, to think I...

Paaan.

“I am being chased by a level 2... Rabbit Wolf? It somehow feels sad... and pathetic too.”

Nevertheless, a level 2 is it? That 5 eyed wolf, with the ears, tail, and hind legs of a rabbit is only level 2? even though it has blue fur, some sharp ugly teeth, a rusty thick chain leash, and also a height of two plus meters?

“It’s only level 2? then I guess maybe and just maybe but... I can beat it, no?”

Tooon.

Saying so, and calmly stepping on a short vertical pillar, I throw myself up as I then jump above a horizontal one, nevertheless... this place...

“its height is about 6 meters, so...”

Gulp.

“So m-maybe a level 2 r-rabbit wolf is not that bad?”

Getting a bad feeling about the situation and stuttering, I say so. Nevertheless, I guess I should focus for now, after all...

“It's already hard to evade the pillar as is, but now with the tune’s speed increasing, their positioning is also changing faster.”

Saying so and feeling worried, I look forward. When once again...

Puuun.

... Another tune rang, and the pillars’ positions and number changed, while I... I sidestepped avoiding a newly rising vertical pilla-...

“Grrrr....” “Grrrr....”

“Ha?... is it just me, or did I...”

... Or did I hear two growling sounds this time? Thinking that and lowering my head, I casually slide below a horizontal pillar, then quickly standing up and peeking behind me, I...

“Daammiiit.”

I curse aloud. After all, not only did a new rabbit wolf appear but even their speed...

“it somehow increased, dammit.”

Saying that and feeling danger looming over me, I...

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Agility Lv1 has been acquired.-

“??!…Whaaa...”

I leak a weird sound, before then tripping as I...

“Shi-… !!!”

Baam.

As I then loudly slam my head into a pillar and lose consciousness.

......

............

..................

‘Wow, that was pathetic...’ ‘... Agreed.’ ‘Yup, it was truly...’

“... Embarrassing and pathetic...”

Opening my eyes and saying so, I tiredly stare at the ceiling while also patting my forehead, but...

“Sigh... To think I would trip... because I suddenly become faster... and that I will end up dying from slamming my head after that...”

Dammit, it’s seriously embarrassing. But embarrassment aside for now, I at least got some understanding of this scenario, so...

“Let’s just get the right skills and move on.”

Saying that and sitting up in place, I check the notification in front of me, my status, and then the skills I just acquired, but...

“... Is it agility, stamina, and physical mastery this time? Then should I just level them more or do I need some other skills to-... Huh?

Getting surprised and leaking such sound, I freeze in place for a moment while glancing at the notification in front of me, but...

-Wow, it’s a New High Score

Score: 189-

-00:00:12-

-Restart-

“... But could it be that my score actually increase my skill points? Maybe give some type of experience points or something?”

Feeling surprised and questioning so, I look once more at my score before then turning to the side and silently glancing at a certain ‘Yes/No’ for a couple of moments while feeling my points, only to then, after a while, try pressing it, but...

“ I guess even though my skill points did indeed increase with that whole runner scenario, but...”

It’s not enough. What I have right now is still not enough... but... wait, enough for.. what again? Ughh?...

“???...”

Sigh. I should just move on. Deciding so, and standing from my place, I hold my aching head and walk forward toward the door, as I then, with some tiredness and headache bothering me, enter that room filled with weapons. Still...

“Where is the other door?”

Muttering such and looking around, I carefully check the room. Nevertheless, even after a while I only saw a single door and that is...

“The one with ‘Retry’ above it. That’s the only one left, but...”

Which retry is it referring to? getting worried about that, I slowly move. Then reaching the door I instantly open it and peek, only to then see...

“The corridor... it’s still here, fuuuhh... I thought I lost my progress for a moment, but guess I di-... Aah, progress... Of course, why didn’t I think of that.”

Holding my head and screaming that, I slam the door behind me and get back to the room, nevertheless...

“To think I missed such a chance...”

Muttering so and feeling down, I look once more at the door, but... I guess there is no way back to that rhythm game now, ha?

“Sigh... if only I knew about the score and skill points earlier...”

If I knew, then instead of moving on and getting my ass chased by wolfs, I...

“I would have at least done my best to get as many high scores as I could...”

1