2_ ch 68: Interlude. Like Olden Days
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

68. Interlude: Like Olden Days

"NOW, ERAAAASE IT.”

A voice screamed, and following that... the world was split. As if a divine path was drawn on earth, the world was split into two with the thing dividing it been... a beautiful and fascinating torrent of merciless light erasing everything. Or at least...

“Or at least it would have done so, if I wasn’t here.”

Widely smiling and saying that, Eya looked ahead of her at the world filled solely with merciless white light, and then...

Zzzzzt. Booom.

And then with the pulsing blue glow tightly held, she swung her two hands down severing that very light itself. Nevertheless...

“T-this... it’s is h-harder than expected...”

Feeling her body getting pushed back and barely saying so, Eya, with her expression wavering, looked forward and then...

She smiled. Even as the merciless light erased all and silence covered everything, she simply...

ZzZzZZz.

Sparks sound.

She simply pushed forward, and with the whole scenery reflected in her crimson eyes, she smiled, before then suddenly disappearing as light... momentarily filled the crater. Only for it then to slowly vanish, with clouds of dust and howls of wind replacing it.

Nevertheless, it was then.

“Fuuu... T-that was truly fun...”

It was then that an excited voice suddenly rang through the dust-filled crater. And following that... Slowly, a red figure appeared amidst that dust.

More precisely, Eya’s tired figure appeared with red cracks slowly spreading all over her body, and a weak stream of golden brilliance leaking from said cracks, as she unsteadily stood at the very end of the crater. Nevertheless, that...

That was truly fun. Starting with a seamless encirclement to pull attention, then following it with a rain of light as a distraction, to then end everything with an all-out attack. It was truly...

“A fun attempt...”

Widely smiling and saying that, Eya brushed her hair to the side and then with unsteady steps slowly walked forward and out of the dust clouds.

Step by step, she slowly walked through the dust, and then as her vision was cleared, she once again looked forward and spoke, when suddenly...

“Still, I guess it was futi-... Ooh...”

When suddenly along with her expression darkening and a tired exclamation of realization escaping her throat, Eya...

BAAAM.

Eya was sent flying. By a truck-sized white hammer and in a brutish head-on collision, she was sent flying through the clouds and even beyond the horizon.

“Futile? Indeed, all attempts to get rid of you, cancer, are futile, but...”

Saying that and grinning, a multi-armed, 9-meter female avatar of light stood where Eya was, and then slowly raising its hammer, it looked up and spoke.

“... if it’s Isolation then while temporary it’s achievable.”

Resting the hammer on its shoulder and saying such, the avatar triumphantly smiled while raising its head and following that disappearing dot on the horizon with its gaze. Then finally after seeing that dot no more, it slowly turned and with light steps, it climbed the crater toward the white legion, and through that path deeply gouging the earth.

“Still, to think another variable would be added...”

Gritting its teeth and muttering such, the avatar of light halted its steps and then looked down, as it momentarily fell into thoughts.

“And from all things, it had to be the vestig-... !!!”

Stiffening in its place and halting mid-sentence like that, the avatar abruptly looked forward and gripped its hammer before then trying to swing it, but... it was a step too slow.

“...HoOoUuUu!”

In defending itself against that small red figure’s flying knee strike, the white avatar was a step too late, and so...

Krrrrrrrrr. Crash.

With all its effort in climbing the crater denied, the 9-meter avatar found itself once again sent flying and crashing at the other side of the crater, this time getting half-buried in-ground, while she, the one stepping on its chest, tiredly sighed.

“Fuuuh... That was close. Luckily, I had a cushion to help.”

Saying that and smiling, Eya calmly looked at the other side of the crater where a large group of exhausted avatars was steadily vanishing, while also touching her cheek and feeling the cracks in it. Before then...

“GET OFF ME”

Before then quickly jumping back and evading the 9-meter avatar’s multiple fists. Only to then, slowly lower her gaze and then, with her expression changing, glance at them held them in her palm, those broken shell pieces slowly melting into gold and then disappearing.

............

............

“GET OFF ME”

Screaming that, the being of light once again felt confusion and anger, but not allowing that to slow its reaction anymore, the multi-armed avatar quickly moved and attacked that cancer in front of it. But...

“... Anymore”

Something was wrong. Realizing that a moment too late and not daring to stop its attack, the avatar instantly speeded its movement, and with a gigantic fist, it tried crushing that cancer in front of it. But... it was then.

“This is not fun anymore”

Along with barely audible words, the avatar’s gigantic fist was abruptly paused in air. No, it was not only the fist but...

‘... Everything was paused, be it this avatar, the anchor, or even the connection. It all...”

... Paused.

Realizing that and feeling dread, the avatar-... No, the whole legion’s remaining avatars moved trying to break free, but they couldn’t even step forward. Instead, all they could do was barely turn their head, and with dread look forward, when...

“I tried being nice, you know?” “I tried helping, okay?” “I tried taking things slowly, alright?”

Suddenly, that cancer took a step forward.

“““...But, this...”””

Then opening its mouth and speaking, it took another step forward.

“... it is Irritating”

Muttering that and stopping in place, that monster slowly turned to the side, and then tilting its head to the side it glanced at the avatar near it, before then... slowly and lightly tapping it.

............

............

A broken and forgotten world... a lifeless and eerie cityscape... and it was on such a stage that a sudden soul-wrenching noise rang, and along with it was...

“... it is Irritating”

Her voice, thoughts, and words, as Eya lightly tapped the avatar in front of her, and with emotionless eyes looked at them, those crimson lines springing to life and instantly covering it, before then suddenly spreading from it and to everywhere... be it the ground below her, the air around her, or even... the sky and all those foreign visitors hiding above her, but that crumbling scenery aside, this...

“... it is Irritating”

Be it that failure annoying her... This small body slowing her... Those amused eyes peeking at her... Or even this noise confusing her head, it all is...

“Irritating, irritating, everything is irritating... And so...”

“I should Fix it...”

Saying that and glancing at the endless red messages in front of her, Eya threw the severer aside, and then with blazing red light in her eyes, she widely smiled and... took a step forward.

Ignoring the uncomprehensible screams from those above and the valueless words from those in front, she simply took a step forward and instantly crossed the cracks-filled crater, the leaking flows of gold and even the legion of twisting avatars, to then, with a crumbling hand covered in red light, reach for it, that inconspicuous and ordinary-looking avatar hiding among the remaining legion and also the anchor connecting the avatars on this stage to that failure’s ego isolated away. But...

‘Hmmm, I guess this much is enough.’

But it was then that Eya abruptly stopped. No, more precisely it was the world that lost its colors and abruptly stopped. Only for that world then to...

Snap.

... To suddenly disappear, as a blinding blue light momentarily flashed, before then slowly vanishing and getting replaced by... Static noise.

And only more static noise filled the whole Tv screen. But it was then that a ‘Click’ sound rang and with it, the screen was turned off as black filled it. And there on that black what was reflected was a little girl.

A little girl in a blue dress, lying lazily on top of a couch and holding both a remote control and a... Fruit?

Yeah, it’s probably a fruit. Even if it looks like a pink mass of intertwined arms with multiple eyes, it is still probably a fruit. And so, looking at that fruit-like thing for a while, the little girl, Eya, slowly and carefully took a bite, but...

“Hmm? Octopus flavored?”

Saying that and feeling puzzled, Eya once again stared at that thing in her hand and then...

“Well, it’s not bad.”

And then she took another bite. After all, it’s either this or nothing. No, wait, there is still...

”There is still that kid, but... Yeah, I would get a stomachache if I eat that much...”

Though speaking of that kid, I guess she wasn’t half bad... No, honestly looking at these test results, I guess she was pretty good... so, yeah...

“As expected, even if she was a failure of an experiment, but... she is not that hopeless, just unlucky, clumsy, and weak-minded too... Okay, I guess she is hopeless after all. Yeah, I spent ages on her for nothing. Haaaaa...”

Playfully muttering that and smiling, Eya silently shook her head and for a moment sighed, before then casually looking at her fruit, taking another bite, and then standing in place.

“Well, I guess it’s time now, huh? To think of what to do, that is...”

After all, I hadn’t only gotten rid of most outsiders, I even assessed that kid’s capabilities, understood my current limitations, and while at it I also located the Source ahead of time too, and so...

“It’s only a matter of time...”

Before getting myself fixed, escaping this messenger unit, and even replacing it with a better model... And so, once again the question is time and...

“... What to do?”

Muttering that and slowly walking on that rippling floor, Eya suddenly stopped in place and then... She smiled.

“Well, I guess I have an idea...”

Speaking that and smiling, Eya calmly looked forward, and what she saw there was... a woman? No, she is still young to be called such.

And so, what Eya saw was a slim body and a modest chest, a cute face and platinum short hair, and along with that were... Chains, chains, and even more chains springing from the apartment’s every corner to then entangle and at the center bind that sleeping girl. After all, she...

“She did say, she didn’t like shackles. so might as well give her the whole set to appease her.”

And if that didn’t succeed? Well, she can stay dormant like that for a while. After all, sleep and dreaming do help kids grow both mentally and physically, so...

“So why don’t you sleep like olden days and let me ‘Fix’ this scenario, okay?"

 

If you like LSO, then feel free to 5-star it, favorite it, or even write your opinion in a message or review.

Also if you feel like it, you can join the discord or maybe support the novel.

 

    

1