2_ ch 16: A. The Descent’s Beginning
339 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16. A: The Descent’s Beginning

Say, have you ever wished for the world to end? For this planet to just burn? Or maybe for that damn North Pole to melt already?

Hmm? You did? Well, I guess it’s normal to do so, huh?

After all, most people do so... sometimes, as they get to bed after long days of boring work. Sometimes, as they powerlessly clench their fist laying on a couch in an empty house, after months of suffering...

Or sometimes, they do so, as they stare at the white ceiling of their hospital room, all while resisting their years of growing pain...

A lot of people, a lot of situations, and a lot of cruel realities...

All of that really does push a person to hate the world, huh?

But, hey, I have a question...

Have you ever Actually tried imagining that scene of The World Ending? Hmm, what? You haven’t? well, neither I...

Though in my case, I don’t think I would ever need to do so anymore.

Hmm? You ask why?

“well, it’s because I am seeing it right now.”

“a World Ending, live from the scene.”

Saying so, I glance at it all in front of me...

A world broken beyond repair... a reality cracked beyond salvation.... and a deep black malice devouring all...

.....

well, I guess that was a little too sudden, right?

so, I take it you are confused right now? Maybe a little beyond confused, ha?

Well, it’s alright, I tell you... cause that’s just normal.

And so, to clear your confusion, let me get back a few minutes to the past...

To how all of this destruction started.

....

And so, Calmly waiting, I stood...

00:00:03

And as the numbers decreased, I excitedly observed, waiting for... hmm, a Trial? Well, I don’t know...

00:00:02

But anyway... I waited, and with curiosity, and some excitement in my heart, I watched the series of notifications, as it changed...

00:00:01

00:00:00

Ding.

-Notification: as of now, a Trial has started, please check it-

Then paying attention to the new notification in front of me, I quickly followed its instruction, and checked the Trial Menu at the corner of my vision, but just as I did so...

BOOM.

Loud Explosion.

I got interrupted, as an ear-piercing detonation sound was heard, coming from somewhere far beyond my vision...

Though then, not even a second passing, it happened...

Vooosh.

And a strong hurricane-like wind passed, almost throwing me off balance if not for my precise physical control...

Still, all of that was not important, or at least not to me, because what truly picked my attention was something above...

High above, as I watched the sky getting swept by a black wave of endless energy...

And watching it, I could feel myself maniacally smiling, all, as I did my best at stopping my body from shivering...

Not by fear, nor by cold...

But by excitement, and by momentarily feeling an endless amount of Curse sweeping the world...

And if you are asking how endless is it? Well, let’s say that for an instance, that tingling on my skin, has almost thrown my body into a second seizure, and That, in my opinion, speaks volumes of how endless the amount of Curse was.

So endless, that for a second, I was almost fascinated by it. But then, quickly realizing my mental and physical anomaly, I took a deep breath, instantly calming myself.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

“fuuu... what was that? For a second, I...”

CRACK.

Thinking, and trying to understand what’s happening, I suddenly heard a loud glass cracking sound, and before even getting a chance to glance at its source, I felt it...

Danger.

Extreme Danger.

And feeling that, I quickly put back my halberd, and then quickly moved to check my body, and status. And well, it seems...

“My injuries are not that severe, my status... well, is it only SP that’s low? And my HP’s a little drained too, so guess that sum it all, ha?”

Saying so, I smile, and then...

Aaaaaahhhhh...

Eeeeeeehhhh...

Oooooooohhh...

Incomprehensible Screams.

And then, with the otherworldly howls as a starting sign, I...

Run.

As fast as I could, I run.

And doing so, I glanced over my shoulder...

And Wow. The thing I saw was really...

Crack. Break. Shatter.

Glass breaking sound.

Unbelievable to say the least.

Thinking so, and trying to understand what’s happening, I quickly increased my running pace, all while also not forgetting to call Shy-Kyun.

“Shy-Kyun, hey....”

“Shy-Kyun....”

Fuush.

Sudden appear.

“hm? Did you call, Account...”

Running as I avoid trees, I look again ahead of me, in case I crash into something, when finally Shy-Kyun appeared again and seeing that, I spoke my very urgent question.

“say... Shy-Kyun...”

“is that real or is it AR?”

Asking so, I keep my eyes on the trees, running while also trying to keep my breathing rhythm balanced, all as I do my best moving toward this forest’s heart... or at least, far from its edges. When...

“A-account....”

Pale-faced.

“W-what is t-that?”

Scared.

Saying so and pointing behind her, Shy-Kyun fearfully look at me, but honestly, I have no idea how to answer, as such all I could say was...

“why, of course, it’s a World Ending...”

“Live from the scene.”

Saying so, I once again glance over my shoulder, and what I saw was cracks...

Cracks running through the world, through the ground, the air, the buildings, and even trees...

Break. Shatter.

Splash. Flow.

Then as cracks spread through the world, slowly everything started breaking, and in a manner similar to that of glass, it all started shattering, into fragments and pieces, before then drowning...

Into an endless black sea. A horrifying black sea, completely made of Curse.

There flowing from the cracks, from the ruptures, and from the newly created holes in the very fiber of reality.

And so, looking at it, I don’t lose focus of my movement, and as such quickly move to the side avoiding a tree, but still...

“It seems it’s really drawing closure...”

Aaaaaahhhhh...

Eeeeeeehhhh...

Oooooooohhh...

Incomprehensible Screams.

What is, you ask?

Well, of course, it’s...

“The oblivion”

7