1_ ch 44: A. a More Challenging Fight
441 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

44. A: a More Challenging Fight

After all, you don’t find a good battle like this every day, right?

Not only am I having my time cutting, slashing, and kicking my enemies, but they too are almost endless.

“Rooooar.”

And as if sharing the same feeling with me, one of the walkers roars and then speeds in my direction trying to attack.

Fuuuush.

“wooa there.”

Then barely avoiding his punch, I am puzzled.

“That was a close one. Was it a higher leveled individual or something ?”

Though not wasting this chance, I quickly cut his neck.

And then following that, I swiftly kick the now-dead walker’s body toward a duo standing in my front.

““ghaa ?””

Then with the body hitting them, their stance break, just for me to then attack them, trying to decapitate them.

Ssssh.

But alas, I only got one while the other one surprisingly dodged.

“hmm? something is wrong.”

Well, I will think about it after I get out of this encirclement.

Quickly avoiding the survivor’s claw speeding to my face, I slash its neck, and then swiftly pass it, and moving behind it.

Then with the forest finally being clear in my vision once again, I keep pushing my way from the encirclement of the walkers.

“if I knew they had this many numbers with them I would have kept my ground from the beginning.”

And honestly, it would have been easier, to just wait for them to get closer, then kill them, instead of getting surrounded like this, and having to bother having to watch my surroundings and pay attention to them sneakily attacking from my back.

But thinking about that is meaningless now. Especially with the fact that I am finally out of their encirclement, with the forest’ trees being the only thing behind me now.

Feeling relieved at that fact, I effortlessly make a 360-degree turn and cut an arm, that was aiming for my neck.

“Roooooar.”

When the damned walker roar literally in my ears.

And let me tell you. It hurts, really hurt.

It hurt that I almost froze in my place. But then, when seeing his other fist aiming at my jaw in a straight motion punch, I move, planning to dodge it while smiling.

After all, if you really are trying to land a hit, then ...

“Roaring is not how you do th- ghu !?”

Boom.

But sadly, I end up getting that straight punch directly to my face.

Fuuush.

Baam.

Then getting sent flying, I end up slamming my back to a tree.

“ghaa ?”

Damn. That hurt. Also, just what happened? I thought that I was able to avoid that punch?

Also, how dare you punch a girl’s face? Though my main question actually is how could you do it? I mean, I was sure I had a higher agility stat, right ? or is this one walker simply a rare case?

Getting slammed into a tree, my head goes blank for a second.

Then when my consciousness is back, and I am trying to understand what just happened, my eyes end up getting a glimpse of a giant foot accelerating toward my head, trying to crush it.

“.... !”

Oh damn.

Hastily trying to dodge. I put all of my strength into my arms, pushing myself to the side. Then clumsily turning around the tree, while almost tripping, I use the tree as a protective cover, escaping the coming attack.

Boom.

“That was close”

Crack.

When the walker’s foot land and end up making a crack on the tree’s trunk.

“huh? hey, hey. Are you serious ?”

Escaping the attack, and restoring my balance, I am surprised by its power.

After all, to say that a single kick was able to crack and dent one of these trees?

That is really something. Especially when taking into account, the fact that I had to focus and give my all just to barely cut one. And even then, my hand have gone numb at the time. so honestly, it’s a little hard.

But, this guy ? he did this much, and that was just by randomly making a kick, you know?

“it’s really exciting, huh? finally having some challenge.”

Spit.

Feeling excited at finally having a tough challenge, I spit the blood that was still in my mouth and then I take a deep breath.

Planing to enjoy this fight, I quickly sidestep, avoiding another walker’s attack.

Though, once again, I barely succeeded in doing so.

But then I quickly attacked its neck, cutting half of it, before jumping back.

“Now it’s really becoming weird.”

After all, if I were to count, then all of the last three walkers I just fought were a little- no, They were a lot stronger than the others. Maybe about 50 to 100 percent stronger?

And if I were to look carefully at the other walkers, it seems they too are moving faster.

Jumping back, I use the trees as an obstacle to hide behind it and avoid the walkers moving in my direction, before getting back to my thinking.

So, from the fact that the walkers, and all of them at that, are moving faster and stronger, then I don’t think the reason is as simple as the strongest ones staying behind all this time. Because I am sure, that the ones here, were mainly the same ones I was fighting before.

So then, is it possible that they simply grow stronger the longer the fight lasts?

Honestly, I can’t deny it. But still, I think the possibility of that is low.

Of course, I am not basing that simply on a hunch.

Making a full turn around the tree I am hiding behind, I get to the walker’s blind spot and then aim for its neck, in case an attack to the back is not going to be enough, and also to not waste my limited chances.

Then once again back-stepping, I avoid the other walkers’ attacks and instead lead them to the forest, where their numbers and size will become their biggest obstacle.

So, where was I again? Ah, right. I said that the possibility was low, right? well, the reason for that conclusion, should be clear, no ? because, before I start this fight, I have already tested a walker’s abilities, and made sure to give it multiple chances to fight back. And hmmm, you know what happened later.

It did not use any abilities, nor did it grow stronger over time in our fight. Instead, the bastard just used that disgusting pheromone or whatever to mark me. And as you can see, here I am paying for my mistakes of giving him that chance, even if it was more of a careless mistake than a planned thing.

But back to the topic. If they are not simply stronger than the others, nor growing stronger with time, then...

“are they becoming stronger, because of their high number?

10