1_ ch 49: A. As He Die
407 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

49. A: As He Die

Sometimes, there are things that you simply can’t do, and sometimes, there are things that you just can’t escape from.

Sometimes, you fight but even so you still lose, and sometimes, you run but even with that, you can’t escape.

And so, sometimes, even if giving it your all, even if your flesh is shredded from resisting, your bones are crushed by standing again, and your unshakable will is breaking with repetition, nevertheless, you still can’t change how somethings will end.

And though some may disagree, and some may disapprove, but to those people, all I have to say is...

“wow, that looks painful.”

All I have to say to them is that the heavy walker has just tried its best, but just could not escape his imminent end.

Sitting down at the branch, with my back on the tree, I glance, at the heavy walker’s dying body.

Though clearly, it’s still alive, with its great vitality, and possibly a high-level Health skill, nevertheless, it will not last long.

As not only are his limbs broken at some parts, but they are also missing some others.

And for its body, his previously giant size has funnily ended up been reduced, or more like separated at some point in the middle of the fight, leaving the walker, with only half of its body remaining.

Of course, me been here laughing at it does not mean, I am in that good of a condition.

No, honestly I too am barely able to move.

Not only am I suffering from headache, and dizziness, but my body is still not healed yet, and all the adrenalin that was keeping me standing had disappeared, leaving me in a state where I can barely move.

It’s pure luck actually, that I survived this fight and ended up winning.

For example, if the heavy walker did not throw me to the forest, and instead threw me to a clearing, or if I was not able to reach the tree in time, then I would not have been able to escape its attacks.

And in the same way, if I didn’t use the advanced weapon mastery when nearing death, or was only a second later in doing so, my head would be laying there instead of the walker’s corpse.

Also, we should not forget that if just my stamina or my mental state were drained a little faster, then It was also possible for me to be the dead one now.

But be it luck or talent, somehow I am the winner of this night’s fight.

“and though it was exciting, all fun things end, I guess.”

Sigh.

Sighing while stretching my aching body, I watch as the walker stops its last struggles, with no more moves.

When finally the notification, I awaited is heard.

-Conditions have been met.

Lv8 have been reached.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Stamina Lv4 has become Lv5.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Sp enhance Lv3 has become Lv4.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Attack Lv3 has become Lv4.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Defence Lv2 has become Lv3.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Hp auto-recovery Lv1 has become Lv2.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Health Lv2 has become Lv3.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Thoughts Acceleration Lv2 has become Lv3.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Advanced Weapon Mastery Lv2 has become Lv3.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Agility Lv1 have become Lv2.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Weapon Arts Lv1 has become Lv2.-

Well, that was surprisingly long.

And even some skills that did not level up for a while just did.

But hmm ? lv 8?

“wait, level 8 ? not 7 ? ”

Seriously ? and I was the one thinking, that I would at most reach level seven if lucky.

To think a single beast, was all I needed to reach level 8, instead of all that fighting I did before.

Just tell me then, why was I wasting all that time, toying with those walkers, if a fast way for leveling, was this easy.

Though, it’s weird that I reached level 8 this fast.

For other beasts, even if their level was higher than mine, I thought that reaching level 7 would be the limit, so is there a difference? like maybe, because of all of the fighting from before, or because it’s a leader of other beasts?

No, I am not sure, but I just don’t think that would be the reason, so probably it’s something else, right?

“hmmm? Ah, maybe it is the size? something like a bigger and stronger monster, give more experience ?”

Well, it’s possible.

After all, it was really strong compared to other beasts I met before, even if we were to consider the level difference, because, even with it being a level 8, its stats should be about the same amount as other walkers, barely surpassing them, but still, it has shown a very high speed and frightening destructive force before.

Glancing toward the trees, it tried to climb before, with all the holes left in it, I wryly smile, ignoring the cold sweat I am feeling at my back.

“well, who cares. Be the reason whatever it is, there is no reason for me to complain.”

And instead of wasting time thinking about that, it would be better for me, to try my new idea.

“well, let's hope I succeed.”

Hmm, in what you say?

Well, a little experiment.

Because, as I said before. With advanced weapon mastery, a weapon can be controlled like a muscle of your body, if not better, right?

Well, here is the thing.

If advanced weapon mastery could do that, then what about advance physical mastery? what effect will it have ? that is what I am trying to do.

And with my body in this poor state, I won’t be able to move for a while, let alone walk.

And so, the only option left for me is to try using it, and hopefully find a way, to walk. Otherwise, let’s just give up on the annihilation of the walkers in the area.

Thinking so, and not planning to back out of something I started, I close my eyes and start.

7