1_ ch50: A. pressure
419 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

50. A: pressure

Closing my eyes, I remember my use of advanced weapon mastery and try feeling the same connection I did with my weapons in my body, but for some reason, I end up failing.

Hmmm?

Trying again, I just end up falling for the second time.

The third and even the fourth.

Hmmm ? so failure is it?

Well, I guess I should have seen this coming.

After all, even if both advanced physical mastery and advanced weapon mastery were of the same category, they are two totally different skills, with one dealing with the physical body, while the other one deals with weapons outside the body.

So, maybe I should try differently? if for weapons, I had to find a connection, then maybe I don’t even need something like that for my body?

Because, well the reason is clear, no ? because it’s my body, to begin with.

“then, guess I should change my approach, right ?”

Thinking like that, I open my eyes and glance at my scarred hands.

Tsk.

Clicking my tongue at the light pain, I am still feeling, I try directly applying my stats, and moving my hand in a punching motion.

Paaa.

And then, with an incredible speed, my hand fly, or so I thought would happen, from the sudden acceleration.

“that was dangerous. I almost broke my wrist.”

Gently touching my wrist, I try analyzing what I just felt.

Compared to the weapons, that I could only guess, and speculate, when instinctively moving them, this time, it was my arm directly, and so I have a clearer picture about what happened.

And to explain what happened exactly, all I can say is that my hand moved the moment I want it to.

But still, it was not like the times when using my nerves, or anything similar. Instead, It was more like suddenly being pushed, or getting affected by something moving through it.

So instead of controlling my arm, it was more like forcing it to move by applying a sudden force or pressure on it.

And oh, if I were to remember my battle with the heavy walker, then even then I could not control my halberd easily, and instead, I was only able to guide its movement path.

For example, I was only able to make it fly, but not float, or curve around the trees, instead of an instant full turn, and though that may be because of my bad control, it still is proof of the similarity of the two skill.

“so then, they Do work by the same principle. it’s just that they are different in the details, maybe ?”

Still, the principle is not what matters now, instead, it is moving my body that matters, and also to successfully get down from here.

Glancing down to the ground, and trying to calculate the height from it, I just hope to not fall on my face, because ...

“it will be lame, and painful too, so no thanks.”

Then closing my eyes, and focusing for a second, I open them again, and this time, ...

I jump.

Activating thoughts acceleration, as I near a tree, I quickly make a step, and with the tree as a scaffold, I push myself to the next, while also getting lower in height.

Step.

Step.

.....

Thud.

Then finally reaching the ground, I sigh of relief.

“sigh. That was hard.”

And if speaking of hardship, then even now is still hard, as I am barely standing now.

And not only does this simple action need a lot of focus, to not suddenly fall face-down on the ground, but also to keep my balance when moving.

“to think, that I would get to experience it, that sentence.”

What sentence, you ask, right?

Well, it’s that sentence you find in novels when the protagonist is already beyond broken literally, but somehow still stands on his feet.

“moving by sheer will. And surprisingly that’s what happening here now. As I am only standing by my will, where a second of distraction can make me kiss the dirt again.”

But be that as it is, it’s still an interesting experience.

Though nevertheless, walking in this awkward and unstable way is not something I can enjoy.

“But enough of this already. I have a group of demonic beasts to massacre here.”

And I am planning to thoroughly enjoy it too.

“oh, now thinking about it. Won’t this new side of physical mastery be applicable in fights too ?”

And I am sure that my previous internal breaker would be reborn anew now, as Internal Crusher instead, if I were to use my skills right.

Fufufufu.

Walking while thinking of that, I end up once again, laughing unconsciously.

Cough.

Then waking up from my delusions, I straighten my back and start walking slowly, heading to the walkers in front of the building far away.

Though that heavy walker sure threw me a distance, huh?

Hm ? wait, threw?

“ah. I totally forgot.”

Suddenly remembering something, I glance back, where a disfigured-beyond-recognition corpse lay.

Then thinking about it, I walk closer to it and search for my weapon forgotten there.

Then finding it, I look at it with a tired expression.

“well, that is a little ....”

And just as I feared, my weapon was covered in weird and sticky liquid.

Sigh.

Even in its death, it seems this bastard is still planning to give me trouble, huh?

Feeling overwhelmed at the situation, I carefully attract the halberd toward me, without touching it physically.

And then when it gets closer, I carefully wipe it on the grass.

And then successfully cleaning it, I speak.

“fuuu. Just like new.”

Now, this is how a weapon should look.

All cold, and shiny.

And smiling at this and making sure I didn’t forget anything else, I start advancing toward the place of the walkers, and this time for sure, I will kill them to the last one, I find.

Not for revenge of course, ...

“but for fun.”

Hmm ? for fun?

Oh, guess I am still excited, huh? well, better calm down for now.

Inhale. Exhale.

Then taking a deep breath, I try to calm my boiling blood, just awakening from my fight with the heavy walker, and trying to force my adrenaline addiction down.

And with such a complicated mental state, I make my path toward the walkers.

8