2_ ch 3: A. Shy-Kyun
395 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3. A: Shy-Kyun

Horizon Artificial intelligence's Central Index.

That was its official name, nevertheless, it was usually shorted to H.A.I.C.I. for simplicity.

Anyway, the name is not that important, what is important is the fact that H.A.I.C.I. has been the main system supporting and controlling the whole of Horizon Island for more than 2 decades now. adding to that is its massive reach, its huge A.I library, and its complex network of terminals spread through the whole island, it's truly a wonder of the modern age.

Nevertheless, wonder or not, it doesn’t change the fact that having a mysterious and scary A.I controlling all of your life is not something a normal person would like, right?

And so, to the people living there, the truth about H.A.I.C.I was never a needed nor a wanted thing to be known, instead, they were presented with a different thing to see.

Idol-Ex-Machina: Shy-kyun.

A new A.I specialized in assisting, and doing tasks.

Fun, right?

Just by giving a cute avatar, and changing from a boring name like the 'C'entral 'I'ndex, to a cute one like 'CI-Kyun'(Shy-Kyun), a massive brainwashing operation was easily done.

And so, by presenting everyone with their own assistant AI, or to be more specific, their own H.A.I.C.I terminal, a lot of problematic complications were avoided.

Now, people don't really fear H.A.I.C.I, instead, they are already too deep in love with Shy-Kyun, especially the generation that grew used to her pictures everywhere they looked.

And though some may ask, why? why would people love an A.I so much, if all it had was just a cute image, right?

Well, the answer to that question is two simple reasons.

First, is that even though Shy-Kyun is everywhere on the whole island, but even so, each and every Shy-Kyun is a unique individual, with its own memories, data, and personality.

A fact that can simply be called unbelievable.

For all the Shy-Kyuns to be of the same origin and same data, but still slowly change and grow depending on how they lived and accompanied their owners?

Is not that just beautiful?

Well, their answer at the time was yes, and so raising a Shy-Kyun has simply become an action the same as raising a pet of some kind or even a family member in some cases, depending on the person.

Then now to the second reason, which s the fact that no matter how unique a Shy-Kyun is, at the end of the day, they are copies of the original H.A.I.C.I, and at the same time her terminals, that share information with her through the whole island.

Scary, right? well, you are not wrong, but still, having a terminal with you can come with It own benefits, you know?

Especially when it's a competent A.I with great connections, and abilities, that can be asked for assistance when needed.

And so, with that lasting for a while, it's slowly become a normal thing for people to depend on Shy-Kyun in many tasks and errands, from simple things like telling you which street is having higher traffic in real-time, or even keeping tabs on new sweetshops just opening, to even complicated matters like selling an old car of yours, revising your research papers, or even taking control of a big program for you.

And so, the Shy-Kyun in front of me is also one such existence.

A newly created copy supervising most of LSO, and the one that should be taking control of this game.

Well, more attention to the word Should is needed in this case though, because clearly from her reaction just now, and the fact that she has only been activated by me a few seconds ago, that whatever has been controlling the game was not this Chibi-San here, but a totally different thing.

A fact that actually answer my previous questions about the sanity of the game's management. after all, if it was not Shy-Kyun that made this game, then it probably wasn't the management I am familiar with that worked on Lost Solace Online, but a totally different person of unknown origins.

And though I respect the humor sense of whoever made this place, but yeah.

"respecting and accepting are not the same thing."

Saying so, I speak to no one but myself, as I look over the newly activated Shy-Kyun who's excitedly floating around me as she is waiting for her first command.

And knowing that, I calmly repeat my spoken sentence of before.

"Shy-Kyun..."

Hearing me, and straightening her back, she fidgety look at me.

"hai."

"I want a connection Request. to the central Index, the real central index."

Calmly saying so, I slowly speak to Shy-Kyun, or in this case LSO's operating A.I.

Well, the official one, not like she was doing her job anyway.

And then with her finally hearing my command, she excitedly salutes me...

"hai."

As she quickly attempts a connection with H.A.I.C.I’s core program, the Central Index.

And though the fact I am only using a temporary account right now, means my authority in the Central Index is too low, especially when compared to accounts like the main administrator(Leo) account, but nevertheless I still have some authority.

And so, even though I can't really use that many of the original Commands, but as long as it's me we are talking about, then it should be alright.

Not to mention, that as long as I simply call for outside assistance, then I...

"don't really need to work."

Smugly smiling as I say so, I turn back to the white interface in front of me, as I patiently stare at it, waiting for the request to connect.

-Connecting-

But even so, for some reason, even as I am waiting for a few seconds now, the Central Index has still not responded.

It's as if ...

Thinking so, and not even daring of finishing the sentence as I dread the answer. it nevertheless still appear as I feared.

-Connecting Failed-

A notification of failure, that is.

And looking at that, all I could do was blankly stare, as I have once again just lost an exit from this game.

7