2_ ch 4: A. Changing Targets
393 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4. A: Changing Targets

Blankly staring ahead of me, I watch an ever-increasing series of notifications as it keeps refreshing.

-Connecting Failed-

-Retrying-

-Connecting Failed-

-Retrying-

......

-Connecting Failed-

-Retrying-

Watching it, I then understand.

That this notification series was the result. The result that my last attempt of contacting H.A.I.C.I has presented for me.

And so, I understand, that what I had achieved was nothing .....

But a total and bitter failure.

And though it's true that I had a feeling it would have ended up like this, I have nevertheless tried, you know?

And so, even though having failed was the most natural result, but yeah.

"It sure is sucks to fail."

Especially when you know it's probably some unknown asshole's fault.

It just makes my blood boil, dammit.

And also, what the hell do you mean by connecting failed, huh?

Shouldn't LSO, as a game of Utima, be directly connected to the Central Index, huh?

Because if it's not then how in god's name is this damn game having such a quality, huh?

Because the only companies I know about with a game world quality as good as this one are, Utima abusing the resource of H.A.I.C.I or some big names focusing all of their attention on a few games and barely succeeding.

So for you to tell me that a project as big as this would have actually been done on this island, right under my nose, and then reaching this level of quality, without me even knowing is just making fun of me, you know?

And man, I am, as sure as hell, am angry at that right now.

For some unknown asshole to be playing around with me in my own damn turf is just...

It is just...

Sigh.

"seriously, and I thought I can just have it easy now, and then die calmly."

Sigh.

To think that just because I took a break, some shit will happen.

I mean, yeah, my health grew worse, and the SR drive’s basic design was finally done, not to mention I also had to check on her, and so with everything just becoming too much, I thought I could just leave work and enjoy my last days, you know?

But Noo. just because I took a break for a while, which is probably not much time, and instead of checking the game's program, as usual, I thought about playing it as a normal player, shit just had to happen, and here I am regretting it.

So can you understand just how angry I am right now? especially when I thought I could just chill and relax for a while, and just let everything for them, but yeah, guess I should have seen this coming.

I mean, it's The Great Me, we are talking about here, what the hell can they do without me, huh?

Leo? Celis? Utima? that's bullshit.

Bullshit, I tell you. because there's is only me, and no one but me, the great Alice, I tell you.

If not for me, do you seriously think any of that Utima shit would happen, huh ? of course not.

And if you don’t believe me, here is proof right in front of you. with me taking a leave, and not even a week passing, as some bothersome shit is somehow already here.

But leaving that aside, it sure is amazing.

Thoughts acceleration, that is.

I mean, usually, I would just calm down instantly, with me always controlling my emotions, and trying my best in erasing all the unnecessary thoughts as best as I can,  making me a decisive person, that doesn't waste time in making actions, but now?

I can just vent and curse as much as I want, and wow.

It's not even a second. can you believe that?

But leaving how satisfying it's to vent your anger aside, I think I should just get done with this already.

I mean, with me inside the game, I can't really do much anyway.

Not to mention that I am still feeling a little uneasy.

Because now looking at it, is not there a possibility I am still subconsciously ignoring?

Especially, when remembering how the SR drive was on my wrist, even though I had left it, or how even to now the connection with H.A.I.C.I is unnaturally absent?

But hmmm? hmmmmmm?...

......

Yeah, I don’t think it’s possible.

Oh, but I guess it's not impossible if it's "Leo", but I am not really sure.

"but again, if I were to think of myself in that position, I don't think I would do it."

So, yeah. let's forget about the Leo theory.

And honestly, I would prefer the other world theory in a situation like this.

"but all of that should be for later, instead, now I have to first get myself out of here."

How, you ask?

Well, it's simple actually.

I just have to change my target and priorities, and instead of thinking about this whole game and its problems to be solved, I should just focus on myself, and getting out of here.

Sooo, first is .....

"Shy-Kyun, manual command."

First is changing targets, and instead of focusing on the game as a whole, I should actually focus on my connection point with the game.

In simpler words, I should focus on the SR Drive instead.

Thinking so, I watch as all of the previous series of notifications disappear, this time getting replaced by a white screen and a keyboard.

And then, confidentially smiling at that, while ignoring the curious looks Shy-Kyun is giving me, as she tries to peek at what I am doing, I start working.

Working on what, you ask?

Of course, it's on disconnecting myself from this game.

8