2_ ch 5: A. Disconnect
395 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5. A: Disconnect

So, now with my plan clear, I guess all that is left is finding the right method, right?

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Fast Keyboard Sound.

After all, even if I were to try to manually turn off the SR drive, I may still fail at it, if I do it wrongly, you know?

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Though honestly, that is not what’s bothering me right now. Instead, it’s time.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Yes, time.

Because think about it.

If shy-Kyun is not the one controlling this game, but someone else, then how much time will I have before my actions are detected?

And even if shy-Kyun is a core part of LSO, but now that things have started playing, I don’t think the new game master would just leave her be.

Meaning? now that I have activated her, I probably have only a few minutes to seconds, depending on my luck, and if I were to not get things done in time?

Then all of my access rights as an account holder would disappear. Heck, I won’t be surprised if my account is deleted too.

So, yeah. This is...

A Race Against Time.

Thinking so, I ferociously smile as I get ready.

Ready for what, you ask?

Well, isn’t it clear? of course, I am getting ready to prove that...

“no matter who, be it an electronic demon, or a cyber god, I don’t care. Why ?....”

“because, if it’s me, then I will always win.”

Confidently saying so, I glance down at the screen in front of me. And yeah, even if the game’s information were changed but nevertheless the program is still not that different from the others, we made.

And so, what I have to do is simple.

Just trick the program, and have it disconnect me by itself.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Simple, right? but it’s not easy.

Not to mention that just forcefully disconnecting is not something I want. Especially when remembering that SR drive, is technically an external brain.

So yeah, forcefully shutting it down, or suddenly disconnecting from the game, may result in a series of bad side effects.

Ah, just saying but there is nothing permanent, okay? They did safety verification properly, okay?

So yeah, as long as you are not too unlucky, nothing major should happen.

Yeah..... as long as you are not too unlucky.

.....

Cough, but anyway, even if the odds of a serious side effect are not that high, I am not willing to bet my health on proving that.

Not to mention, that once is more than enough for me, otherwise ? forget three months, I don’t know if I will live for one more.

So, yeah, I should try the safer option, literally at that.

What does that mean? it means that what I will do is activate that very safety option.

Because as you know, contrary to the old VR and other AR devices, the new Gen ones are special. Or to be specific, their new features are special.

Time Acceleration.

Let me say it again, Time Acceleration.

That is the New Gen of VR’s main feature.

But as expected, such a thing will naturally have a backlash on the people using the device if overused, right?

So, what do you think the solution is?

Not using time acceleration, to begin with?

Well, I guess that is indeed a good idea.

Truly a good idea, and so for you who have such a good idea, would you mind killing yourself quietly somewhere, please?

Hmph. Not using time acceleration? as if we or the world will accept such an absurd idea.

No, my soon-to-die friend, No. the solution that we come up with, was a half-heart-.....

Cough.

The solution that we came up with was a safety option, that will take care of monitoring all of the user’s vital signs, and mental changes just in case a sudden issue arises.

And if such an issue arises, be it a very high heart rate, or a series of unstable brain waves resulting from extreme shock, then it’s the device’s job to automatically disconnect that user, and even call for help if needed.

A truly simple but effective way, that not only will appease the people’s worries but will also help Utima escape any liability.

Oh, just saying, but this was not my idea, you know? Not to mention that I didn’t even have the mood to care at the time, especially with my health suddenly taking a big turn to the worst at that period of time, so it’s probably something Celis did.

But anyway. Who added this option is not important. What’s important, is that even though the SR drive wasn’t really a thing meant to be mass-produced, it still had such an option added.

And now, with that taken into consideration, then my next action should be clear, right?

“I just have to create a false positive, and the drive will automatically disconne-...”

zZzzTs.

ct me...

What was that?

Suddenly hearing a weird sound, I glance to my side, and there.....

Stare.

Is Shy-Kyun looking at her hands confusedly, as weird red electric sparks are running through her fingers.

Tsk.

Seeing that, and understanding what it means, I click my tongue as I increase my working speed.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

But still, I at least thought I would have a few more minutes before a counterattack start, you know? So how come it’s already starting?

Thinking so, I once again glance at the white screen, and without even slowing my fingers’ speed, I start observing the program suddenly starting to change.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Yeah. It seems it’s truly going to be harder from now on, nevertheless, I am almost done, and so I don’t really need a lot of time.

Just a few more minutes are more than enough for me.

Right, as long as Shy-Kyun last a little more.....

ZzZsSzSTzS

Just a little more, then I should get it all done...

zzZssTss.

Just a little more...

zzZssTss

And no-....

ZzZzSssSTtsss.

w...

.....

dammit. Dammit.

“DAMMIT.”

Gritting teethes.

I was close, dammit.

Dammit.

Thinking so, I glance in front of me, at the place where the screen and keyboard were there just a few seconds ago, but ...

Dammit.

Yes, just as you guessed.

Just now, when I was almost done, it suddenly glitched and disappeared.

Dammit, to think I would lose.

And at the last moment too, Dammit...

.....

.....

Sigh.

Guess that means I lost, huh?

“haaa, even though I was close. Dammit.”

But, yeah, guess that’s it, huh?

Thinking so, and giving up, I take a deep breath trying to calm myself, and then...

I turn to the side, where shy-Kyun is cutely staring at my face as if trying to understand what it is I am doing.

Hmm? What? You are surprised shy-Kyun is still here?

Huh? Are you serious?

Or are you taking me for an idiot?

Like, do you really think I would be an idiot, and let shy-Kyun, my only access point, be deleted?

Of course not.

After all, I said it before, no?

“I am not the type of people to just jump recklessly, you know?”

And so, instead of acting rashly and trying a gamble, the first thing I did was to...

First, download the data of Shy-Kyun, and having a back-up in my drive, and Only Then, with my Win guaranteed, did I, Second, try a meaningless challenge for the sake of my pride.

And though, yeah, I lost, and it’s really frustrating and all, buuuuuut.....

Who cares.

I mean, even if it sucks to lose, but winning was not possible to begin with.

So the only choice for winning I had, was as I said before, to change targets and priorities.

And so, instead of wasting my efforts and time on fighting for the game’s control, I just downloaded shy-Kyun, and then played around a little.

And though, having Shy-Kyun disconnected from the game system will naturally cut off all of her access and authority, making her nothing but an average support AI, nevertheless, it’s alright.

Because that support AI is exactly what I need. And now, with Shy-Kyun here, then I don’t need to bother trying to find a way to disconnect myself from the game, instead, she can directly control my drive and let me do so.

“Easy, right?”

Smugly smiling as I say so, I take a moment to calm down, and then I open my mouth again, speaking to shy-Kyun.

“shy-Kyun. Disconnect.”

“hai.”

And then, with her high-pitched response as the signal, all of my surroundings...

Momentarily goes black.

6