2_ ch 45: S. Blue Madness and Red Nightmare
117 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

45. S: Blue Madness and Red Nightmare

Finally, after going through all that pain, some signs of salvation appeared...

-Yay, Not Bad-

-First Wave Complete-

And looking at those much-awaited signs, I...

Felt like spitting blood.

No, seriously...

“...what the hell is this? Not bad? Are you seriously saying ‘Not Bad’?”

“AFTER EVERYTHING I HAVE GONE THROUGH? ONLY ‘NOT BA-...”

“Hmm?... Oh, I am suddenly calm again...”

Confusedly muttering that I tilt my head feeling lost at how I suddenly lost all my anger, but then somehow judging it not important, I forget about that and instead look to the red interface in front of me reading it, but what to do?...

-Retry- -Next-

Should I retry the first wave for a better score or should I move to the next? Hmmm...

“well, let’s just start the second wave. It’s not like I am competing for points here...”

Saying that and shrugging, I smile a little feeling the whole point thing being meaningless, before then burying my suspicions about the topic and checking my current state, my bow, and arrows, and also getting sure that all my wounds were healed, before then.... pressing the next button... when suddenly...

Click.

Vooosh.

When suddenly, a sudden wave of blue light spread from below the black circle where I am standing and spread to the whole room, as it easily painted the walls in its own colors, nevertheless just as I stood there staring at it.... suddenly...

DAAAA.

Loud sound.

Suddenly, the whole room turned red, and then with a loud sound, I was...

“Kyaaaaa....”

Terrified girly scream.

With a loud sound, I was evaporated...

“Or maybe... I wasn’t?”

Confusedly saying that, and feeling nothing of the expected excruciating pain, I... slowly open my eyes but.... it seems nothing happened, and getting relieved at that, I immediately...

Thud.

I immediately fall on my back losing all power in my knees, with relief washing over me.... nevertheless, that...

“Haaaa.... that was scary....”

Saying such and feeling my trembling body, I sneakily check my pants but...

“Feew... at least, nothing embarrassing happened...”

Saying that and feeling my pants still dry, I close my eyes and... cry a little... only a little though.... then staying like that for a moment, I take a short break while also reading the notification that has appeared in front of me and...

-Your Score is LOW-

-Try Later-

Tiredly sigh.

......

So, I retried the first wave again .... multiple times... at the meantime, my skills like Health, Defence, and Pain Tolerance leveled, heck even Basic Bow Mastery leveled up, not to mention I even acquired two new skills...

- Attack Lv1 - Stamina Lv1 -

But honestly, that’s not really important, nope. Not when compared to THIS.

-Score: 6320-

My new score I achieved with blood, tears, and sweat...

“Literally at that...”

Feeling overwhelmed and saying that, I do my best in stopping my tears while also feeling proud of my own progress, but then not wasting much time on that, I wipe my eyes and then glance in front of me...

-Wow, Amazing-

-First Wave Complete-

Looking at the much-awaited notification that has actually Praised me.... seriously...

“it praised me... I am suddenly feeling happy... Sob... Sob...”

“Ah, but jokes aside... now that I finally achieved this score, is it possible to advance? To the next wave, I mean?”

Saying that and feeling nervous, I look at the notification, and then with trembling fingers, I press the button, when once again...

Vooosh.

Once again, the whole room was dyed blue, just this time... it didn’t turn red at all, instead it just... shone brightly...

-Your Score is High-

-Congratulation-

So brightly that for a moment I almost went blind, losing all vision.... well, except for this...

-Conditions have been met.

Lv2 has been reached.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Basic Bow mastery Lv4 has become Lv5-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Attack Lv1 has become Lv2-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Pain Tolerance Lv5 has become Lv6-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Defence Lv2 has become Lv3-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Health Lv3 has become Lv4-

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Fear Tolerance Lv1 has been acquired.-

“But... Wow... guess I finally...”

“leveled up?”

Looking at the notification series in front of me and saying that, I suppress the wave of complicated emotions rising within me, while also looking around me as the walls of the spacious room get once again covered in the same chessboard-like pattern...

“No, wait a second. Did the squares actually get smaller?”

Saying that and looking carefully, I am sure... the squares did indeed get smaller. Nevertheless, not having much time to think about it, I look around me, as once again a new wave of the Rhythm Hell...

Start...

And so not wasting much time, I quickly got in position and started shooting.... and like that, I started the second wave.... and though the squares were smaller and the melody’s speed was faster, making this wave even harder compared to the first, still I was able to clear it completely...

Even if that took multiple painful attempts.

But anyway, the second wave was harder than the first but I still cleared it with ease, and then leveled up again, before finally starting the third.... and was it then? Yeah, I guess it was probably then when True Nightmare started...

And seriously, it was crazy, even compared to the first two waves. Because not only has the room grown bigger, and the melody speed becomes faster, but even the amount of the squares glowing at once grew to two, sometimes even three or four... Really, it was torture. That wave.

But well, after suffering in it a lot, I... sigh... I got used to it. And then cleared it, and moved to the fourth wave... And Damn it... it was even worse because the speed increased... but as expected... nothing can compare to the fifth wave... I mean, at least at the fourth wave I could actually stop the laser from shooting, but the final wave? Yeah, sadly I couldn’t...

Because, even if I were to hit the black squares, the white one will still shoot... Sheesh, it was madness... With both the black and white squares glowing at once in blue and red respectively, and both the type of sounds mixing in one form of music, a Mad Nightmare was created...

And with me stuck in it? Haaaa... it was worse than all other waves combined.

Having to shoot the blue glow while lasting or I will miss points, having to avoid the red laser or I will lose limbs, and to make matter worse, both were to be done at the same time and from multiple squares at once... still, somehow I...

-Wa, Good-

-Final Wave Complete-

“... I Did It”

4