2_ ch 26: A. Glitching Girl
227 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

26. A: Glitching Girl

How long was it? A second? Two? Maybe three? Or even four? Hmmmm, well, honestly? I don’t know.

And no, that’s not because of my dizzy mind, extreme headache, or even because of my messed up sense of balance, No.

It’s instead because of Observer, and the skills integrated within it. Mainly, Thoughts Acceleration. Like seriously, just how real-time unit did I achieve? One hundred? Two hundred? Maybe a thousand? Or two thousand?

Hmmm, well, I don’t know. Really, I...

“just don’t know....”

I mean, if it was ten or so, we could still attribute it to the fact of the Drive assisting, and also that among all people it’s ‘I’, we are talking about but...

Sigh.

“Just what’s going on here”

Saying so, I open my eyes looking at the.... well, at something.... something which sadly I can’t clearly see... Not with my cloudy eyes, and fragmented view, at least.

Thinking so, I still try looking around for a second or so, until finally, I feel my body’s spasming has stopped, and the pain in my whole being has disappeared.... well, at least it disappeared mostly.... with stuff like headache and muscle soreness still been there, as a result of everything that I have done, am doing, and will do...

Sigh.

Guess overusing Observer is taxing on more than just SP, ha? Add to that the fact that just like the Saferoom’s healing it seems even my Regeneration doesn’t erase tiredness, hmmm...

Staring blankly at empty air.

Well, guess that’s enough for now. And for other stuff, like my situation and what’s actually happening here, I will just ignore them for now and think later when my head is clearer...

Thinking so, I take a deep breath, and then I...

“haaa.... fuuuu....”

Inhale. Exhale

I clumsily flip to the side on my belly, and then slowly and weakly get in a crawling position as I do my best at stabilizing myself, and not falling down...

Sigh.

Just how do blind people walk with no vision? Seriously just how? Though again my situation is probably worse than just blindness, but that doesn’t change the fact that the lack of vision is really making this worse, so yeah... it’s hard, and the fact that people still try to walk even like that deserves respect.

Though, another thing that deserves respect is probably me and my ability of self-distracting when needed, so let’s just focus and get done with this.

Thinking so, I calm down and focus, while also trying to get used to this weird sense of unbalance.... but it seems it’s not easy.... not with all this sensory blindness, and this weird feeling of the ground itself wobbling below me, seriously... it’s weird...

But well, I guess that weirdness is all there is to it and so, if you were to get used to it, then you will easily...

“hup”

Standing forcefully.

“Surpass it.”

Smiling as I say, I feel relieved at finally standing, but then just as I tried to move...

Suddenly, a weird feeling of discomfort stabbed me, as if suddenly having a pebble in your shoes, or maybe suffering the itchiness from a shirt’s label tag? Well, something like that..... nevertheless, the details of the feeling are not what’s important. No. What’s important, is that distracted by the sudden discomfort, I lost focus, and...

“shi-”

Fell face down.

Sigh.

That was close. Thinking so, I look at the ground in front of me as I am once again in a crawling position, and yeah, me falling face first is not something possible anymore, not with Observer at least.

But leaving that aside, is it just me, or is the ground surprisingly clear? Hmmm, Oh...

“Guess, my vision is back”

“No, wait...”

It’s not my vision back, but it’s more like...

“Fragmented Mind weakening?”

Saying so, and feeling the discomfort increasing, I once again try standing, succeeding easily this time, but for some reason, I am not happy...

And honestly, if you were to ask for the reason, then probably it’s the fact that...

“Not only is Fragmented Mind weakening, but even Observer is the same....”

“Just by the return of Drive....”

Yes, just by the reappearance of the silver bracelet on my arm, both my increased thoughts speed and my sensory overdrive have greatly weakened, and although that in a way is good, but the fact that they were weakened can only mean one thing...

“That the drive is once again attempting to mentally guide me....”

Saying so, I look behind me, and there...

“Right? Shy-Kyun.”

SsSSshHhhh.

Glitching sound.

“..do.. sSshHh ....cou.... SshhSsh”

And there what I saw, was indeed the avatar of Shy-Kyun, though for some reason, she...

Seems to be glitching.

.......

Staring at Shy-Kyun, I am both surprised and curious....

“ SsHh .... don’t... SssHhh ...count.....”

Glitching noises.

Surprised at how she is seemingly glitching and having technical problems, and curious as to how the hell is the drive back on my wrist when I am sure as hell saw it break a while back when I was first submerged by the crawling insanity.

Though again, I am not really sure if the drive is indeed there, or if this is just AR, VR, or something else, and so.... yeah, back to Shy-Kyun.

Thinking so, I once again raise my eyes and look at the red girl avatar standing in front of me, as she...

“ SssHhh ...count.. SsHh ....port.... sShh”

Glitching noise.

As she glitches trying to tell me something.

7