2_ ch 36: A. Understanding Curse
273 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

36. A: Understanding Curse

“Headless Carcass of a Demonic Beast.”

Saying so, and looking at the lizard’s corpse in front of me, I smile, while also taking a step forward.... but leaving that aside, where has I left? Hmmm?

Ah, right.... the Oblivion...

The Oblivion and its attempt at devouring me.... that very attempt that has ended in a failure, right? But was it really so?

I mean, for a moment there I was really about to be devoured, you know? Well, if not for Observer resisting and Adaption supporting it, that is...

And so, one way or another, I survived...

One way or another, even as fragments of my body, mind, and even levels were devoured, I succeeded in resisting, and even reversing the devouring...

Kinda... I mean, it’s not like I did it on purpose or anything, you know?

And so, with me resisting the Oblivion’s flow, and also adapting to it, an anomaly took place.... and fragments of me, that were devoured.... has started to rebel.... as if attempting to return again...

“at the beginning, that is...”

Saying so, and side-glancing at the Spiritual Nucleus in my hand, I am really not sure of...

“How much of it is still part of me, and how much of it is from the Oblivion’s Swept Fragments....”

After all, even though it was mostly fragments of me at the beginning, but that hasn’t lasted and well...

You know the rest... Fragment crystallizing, before then absorbing more fragment, and so.... until a limit was reached, and a nucleus was created...

And so, that’s all.... concerning the Orb at least...

But well, is it only the Vortex of Curse that remained?

“well, if it’s that, then even I don’t know much, you know?”

I mean, there were signs before, but...

“Even I didn’t expect this, Okay?”

I mean, can you even imagine my previous confusion when I opened my eyes and found a weird vortex of black mist surrounding me?

Add to that my previous headache from using Observer and how even regeneration didn’t seem to affect my tiredness and do you see it now?

How overwhelming everything was?

Because to me, it was so overwhelming that for a moment there, I froze completely, only staring blankly at air, you know?

Sigh.

But anyway, if it’s the vortex of Curse, I guess there were a bunch of signs before.

Stuff like how just by opening a door, the Rats of the whole building felt me, or how just by the reaching the rooftop, the suddenly changing air current almost blew me.... yeah, guess there were signs...

“But that can wait for later, I guess.”

Saying so, and feeling my focus reaching its max, I...

Clench the nucleus in my right hand, and move it above the lizard’s corpse, before then closing my eyes, and...

Listening...

To The Whispers of Curse...

.......

The first time, I felt Curse was probably that time at the first room I entered when I kept feeling this eerie feeling, I guess...

The second was probably that wind I felt on the rooftop, and the fourth and most clear one was probably the tingling I kept feeling on my skin when close to the two buildings, of Rats and Pale Walkers, but even then...

I didn’t understand what Curse was.... and even when I saw it for the first time at the Puppet’s disintegrating corpse, I still didn’t understand what Curse was...

When I unconsciously distorted its flow, alarming the walkers I didn’t understand.... and even, when I drowned in the Oblivion, contacting the core of Curse, I...

“still didn’t understand....”

“even though it was such a simple and obvious thing....”

Sigh.

Just how did I miss it? Really, just how?

Thinking so, and smiling I open my eyes...

Before then throwing the nucleus in air, and observing it...

As slowly, pulled by gravity, it falls...

Toward the ground, where the corpse is, slowly it falls...

And looking at that, I...

Calmly smile.... because for once I understood it.....

What Curse truly is...

“Curse is a Poison...”

Saying so, I pull back my hand back as I look at the beautiful white light around it...

“Curse is a Corruption...”

Stating so, I stretch my hand, before then clenching it again...

“Curse is a Twisted Creation....”

Muttering so, I glance at the orb slowly falling...

“but more than anything....”

Murmuring so, I feel the red and blue lightning around me crackling as I once again raise my fist...

“Curse is nothing but....”

“Forsaken and Adrift Emotions....”

And finally realizing that I smile even more, before then tightly clenching my fist, and gazing.....

As the beautiful white light covering it, slowly change into a murky, serene Black.... before then...

“Demonic Art”

Looking at the Orb of Colors midair in front of me, and.....

“Serene Solitude”

Attacking it...

With everything, I can muster...

Doing so, and hearing the whispers become clearer, my smile become a grin as my fist...

Drew closer to the orb.....

20 cm.

15 cm.

as my murky, black fist.... drew closer to the fascinating, colorful orb...

10 cm.

5 cm.

When finally...

4 cm.

3 cm.

2 cm.

My fist touched the orb...

1 cm.

And with that as the trigger, it all started...

First with crack suddenly spreading on the orb’s surface.... second, with the Song of Curse resonating, and third...

With time itself stopping.... as my awareness suddenly spread.... and as my consciousness begone to fade...

It was as if that moment.... refused to end, and that orb refused to break.... or did it?

ZzZZz

Because suddenly with a weird black spark...

BREAK.

Fuuush.

SHATTER.

I have succeeded in destroying the orb, when abruptly...

!!!

Booom.

A pillar of Black Lightning fell.

 

If you like LSO, then feel free to 5-star it, favorite it, or even write your opinion in a message or review.

Also if you feel like it, you can join the discord or maybe support the novel.

 

    

5