1_ ch 7: A. a RatsStand
1.6k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7. A: a RatsStand

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to today’s episode of your favorite show.

Weird Food, and of course not to forget your favorite host, yours truly,...

“Alice Whitefield.”

Wah wah, thank you, thank you.

Now calm down, and stop clapping your hands, would you?

So today, in our show I am going to present you with 101 to make a giant rat barbecue.

Hhmm, not interested you say, will neither I.

But hey, learning won’t hurt, now would it?

So the first step, from our show today is to hunt, and that is by...

You know what?

just showing will be enough.

Stopping such stupid thoughts, I make a move to the door once again.

And breathing deeply, I open the door, just to then, make a full turn, and start running back inside.

Then as expected.

The moment the door is open, the rats start walking inside and locking their vision on me.

Looking back I can see them, following me, and so I make a turn to the side, entering a hallway.

Then suddenly, I stop, waiting for the rats to appear.

Squeak. Squeak.

Then the moment the rat following me makes a turn, it finds me in front of it, and so it launches itself on me.

Squeaak.

Then taking it as my chance, I run toward its direction.

Then sliding under the rat, I quickly move to the side, avoiding the second rat, when...

Squeaaak.

Baam.

Glancing back, I can see the first rat stuck on the ground, with some spears in its head, while it is trying to break free but just resulting in a faster death.

And then seeing that, I smile proudly.

Because, yeah, that was my plan.

By using myself as a bait, and tricking the rat into jumping on the three spears, that I had already hammered in place.

I would use its power on itself and result in it killing itself.

It was a gamble, but luckily, it has succeeded.

Though I guess that was the meaning of having a lot of weapon supply, just for this sole reason actually.

After all, you can’t hope that a normal person would succeed in killing monsters, right?

And so, taking a step back, I reach for another spear that I have prepared here.

Gripping it, I jump on the back of the second rat that is trying to look back.

-Conditions have been met.

Lv2 have been reached.-

And using my whole weight, I stab it in the back of its head.

Though it didn’t reach as deeply as I wanted, I think it should be enough.

“as expected of advanced spear mastery lv1.”

Looking at the dying rat, I glance at the first one, which is already dead.

“so one was enough to level up, haa ?”

But without checking my status, I move, while once again gripping a new spear from the side, and then taking a combat-ready stance.

After all, with all the noise my little dance party made, some new rats may very well be coming right this instant.

And as expected.

Squeak, squeak.

Some rats' noise is being heard from the other side of the room.

Looking in its direction, I can see some new rats entering inside.

Smiling at that, I move to the top of the second rat’s back, stabbing it again for finishing, while look at the new rats from above, waiting for them to make a move.

After all, now is finally .....

“the Showtime, bitches”

When as if responding to my provocations, they suddenly charge in my direction.

And With me waiting just for that, I take the chance, jumping from the dead rat body and to the wall, and then using it as a platform, I jump again to the back of one rat.

Then taking this chance, I stab a spear in its neck.

Then moving to retreat from it, I back step trying to make some distance, but just as I try doing so .....

Fuuush.

“Gha ....”

One of the rats, whipped me with its tail, throwing me to the side.

Baam.

Getting thrown back, I then hit the wall.

But not willing to bet on my luck, I quickly stand, gripping a spear that was hidden close by, and again move to attack.

This time predicting the angle of the tail, I then evade it to make a new stab.

Shhh.

Squeaak.

Succeeding in my attack, I quickly dodge to the side, escaping a tail whip, and make a stab at the rat that just attacked.

Succeeding once again, but this time for a price.

Receiving a tail whip.

Bam.

Directly smashing into the wall again, I look to the side, take a spear that was close by, and stand back to fight, ignoring the number of rats that is clearly increasing.

Sliding to dodge a coming tail, I stab the spear at a mouth that is clearly trying to bite my face.

Then leaving the spear that is stuck there, I use the falling rat’s head as a jump pad and start running to the side of the room, so that I can reach the wall.

Reaching the wall, I take a new spear from the side, and with my back protected by the wall behind me, I escape the danger of the surprise attacks.

And then once again I attack, and attack, ......

Stabbing this one, stabbing that one, and going like that ......

Taking one spear, after another.

And when I could not reach a new one, .....

I just took my sword from the side and slashed.

Slashing, cutting.

Sliding, dodging.

Getting thrown, getting bitten, or getting scratched.

Fighting and fighting, simply to fight more.

Ignoring the pain, ignoring the tiredness, and ignoring the feeling of weakening as they are nothing but the usual.

Pushing forward, and simply forward.

-Conditions have been met.

Lv3 have been reached.-

Not stopping, not hesitating.

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Stamina lv1 has been acquired.-

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Sp Enhance lv1 has been acquired.-

But instead Ignoring all the unnecessary.

As if a machine, simply for the sake of fighting.

I keep moving.

until.....

Squeaak.

“shit ...”

One of the rats bite my hand, and I lost some fingers.

Ignoring the throbbing pain, and the blood, I slashed it in the eye.

But even this slash that should have been easy is starting to become harder and harder, because of the tiredness I am feeling.

And so I missed the timing and didn’t dodge a rat’s tail, that was whipping toward me from behind.

Whoosh.

Crash.

“gha ...”

Then having myself thrown around, and directly onto the table, just to break something, which is at the very least not a bone of mine, I try to stand.

Bloodied, wounded, and tired.

Panting and having difficulty in walking, but still standing once again.

And in a state like that, I lunge toward the rats for one last attack, killing the one nearest to me.

Though just as I do so, .....

A rat I missed, ends up attacking me, and in one bite, it succeeds in shredding my neck up.

And attacking it, I try to take a step, but ...

Thud.

Nevertheless, with all that happened, power leaves me.

And I end up falling to the floor, dying, as I feel the tension leaving my body, with a proud smile of satisfaction clearly visible on my face, at all the numbers I took with me.

And though I may have lost this battle, for sure I can kill them all, If I were to get another chance.

And knowing just that, and having rioted to my heart content after a long time is really great of a feeling.

And so with my eyes falling on the red notification of “You have died.”

I lost the vision of my surrounding.

43