1_ ch 27: A. a Clear Mind
520 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

27. A: a Clear Mind

For hours, I kept that. Then for more hours, I still pushed myself. Pushing to the limit of myself, not using my own level of now as a comparison, but imagining the difference of back then.

Drowning in my mind, and fighting my own illusion. An illusion that has possibly surpassed the original, I fought and fought, repeating that fight, and improving every time, until...

Crack.

I found the right movement, to kill it.

With no care for the difference in speed, with no care for the difference in power, I found the right path of movement.

A path to complete and precise movement, where I won’t lose to it this time.

And with that, my first success was achieved.

Though the moment I thought that,...

Thud.

I fell to the ground tiredly with no power to stand.

And that’s when...

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Thoughts Acceleration Lv1 has become Lv2.-

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Stamina Lv3 has become Lv4.-

-conditions have been met.

skill: Sp enhance lv2 has become Lv3.-

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Advanced Physical Mastery Lv2 has become Lv3.-

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Attack Lv2 has become Lv3.-

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Advanced Dagger Mastery Lv1 has become Lv2.-

-conditions have been met.

You have acquired Extra Skill: Precision.-

-conditions have been met.

You have acquired Extra Skill: Clear Mind.-

I finally woke up from my immersion.

Checking the time in the UI menu, have revealed that I was training for more than twelve hours, and because of the endless stamina of this safe-room grant, and also my immersed mind, I was able to keep that state of focus without any interruption until I succeeded in achieving my win.

Though that may have been harder on my body than I thought.

“and to think I complained of the sleepless night being physically and mentally draining before. Ah, my whole body ache and even my head hurt, though I am not sure, if the pain is physical, mental, or both, as a result of training endlessly before. nevertheless, shouldn’t this room heal ? or are tired body cells not counted as injuries? but it’s still really painful, you know ?.”

Truly, it hurts to the degree that I am unable to move or think, and instead, I am starting to feel drowsy, and may just end up sleeping on the floor.

“well, I am sure that a one night sleeping on the cold floor won’t be that bad, But I Refuse.”

Even if sleeping here is tempting, I still force my tired body to stand, and move to the bed close by.

“hmm, as expected. A bed is indeed better than the floor.”

Indeed better. To the degree, that I am ..... starting to ..... fall asleep of tiredness......

.....

...........

....................

...............................

.................................................

“yawn.”

Waking up, I lazily open my eyes.

But ..... Hmm?

Hhmmm ? an unfamiliar ceiling? is it?

No, wait. it is a familiar one actually, but it’s just that my head hurt. It hurts to a level where I can’t even think straight.

“Ah, so it’s still hurt...... even after 9 hours of sleep..... Tsk.”

To think I will have to finish my training even with ahead in this state. Well, I did overdo it yesterday after all, to the degree that I even gained new skills.

“hmm? oh, yeah. I should check the new ones I got. To think that once again, I was going to forget about them.”

Luckily remembering, I call my status.

“status.”

Saying it out loud, because of how hurtful it’s to think, I check the new items.

-Status :

Anon Zero Lv5

hp : 100

mp: 50

sp : 175

atk : 150

def : 125

agi : 50

Skills:

Observer - Analyse lv2 - Advanced sword mastery lv1 - Advanced spear mastery lv1 - Stamina lv4 - Sp enhance lv3 - Advanced Physical Mastery lv3 - Attack lv3 - Defence lv2 - Health lv1 - Hp auto-recovery lv1 - Thought Acceleration lv2 - Advanced Dagger Mastery lv2 - Precision - Clear Mind -

“Huh ?....”

Blinking, I try to wipe my eyes, and then check again,.....but nothing changed.

“just how much was I absorbed in that training? I know that people on death’s bed may get immersed in their own world while thinking sometimes, but this is just .... wow.”

To think, that thoughts acceleration can not only push the thinking process above the physical limits, but it can also allow the mind to become temporarily independent from the body if it’s used too much.

“What a scary skill I got.”

It’s too scary enough to even push me to smile excitedly.

“but to think that I have even reached the advanced level in the dagger mastery skill. How easy can it be ?”

But seriously, if just using though acceleration was this helpful, I am really looking forward to seeing its effect when combined with precision and clear mind.

“hmm, speaking of them. Should not I check their performance first? then I can get a grasp of my improvements.”

Thinking so, I put the daggers back to the belt on my back, and move to the weapon storage room, for a one-handed sword.

“this one should be good enough.”

Gripping the sword handle, and trying to swing it, I am satisfied. Just like that, I get back to the main room, but this time I also exit here, moving back to the old house of before.

And like that, with no further ado, I get to the outside, walking toward a tree.

“well, this one should be right. So I am in your care, my tree friend.”

Finding a tree to be my training partner, I get into a stance.

“inhale. Exhale.”

Relaxing, and trying to get used to my increased physical ability, I focus.

Then I try to feel the effect of precision.

As I have said before, stills can’t be turned off, and as such, they are always having an effect, but even if that is true, it’s not like they are always on their maximum output. But instead, they are on a minimum output, and just like that, my precision skill is not working to its limit, except when I am focusing and trying to use it.

Like now, when using it, I can feel my movement becoming easier, and more controlled, that even fighting with this new physical strength is seemingly more familiar to me.

“and it seems that all my movements are more elegant too. To think precision in your move can give this effect. What a multipurpose skill.”

But not wasting time on such a thought, I used clear mind.

Then .....

My world has become a colorless one. With no useless thought, with no hesitation.

Instead, I felt more confidence, clarity, and reason.

As if everything else has lost its meaning, with only me and my sword in hand left. It was a feeling that I don’t need to think of anything else, as they were of no importance.

And in this silent world of only me, and my sword, existed an enemy that I had to cut.

And so, with a clear mind, and a strong grip on my weapon, I ...

Attacked my enemy.

12