1_ ch 30: A. last preparation
481 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

30. A: last preparation

“Huh ?”

Wait, Wait. Did I gain new skills? and not only whip mastery but weapon mastery too? also, what was that about skill integration? and me gaining a level?

Everything was too fast, that I didn’t understand.

“Maybe I should calm down first. And then think.”

Taking a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling, I calm down.

“fuuh. So about weapon mastery, now that I have acquired it, I can remember why I wanted multiple mastery skills.”

When checking the skill matrix before, I had found multiple skills that I wanted to acquire. And so, because I hadn’t had enough skill points for all of them, all I could do was to try getting them normally, but the problem with that was that I will forget about the skills after having that decision, so instead of thinking of about acquiring weapon mastery, I simply made a mental note, to remember acquiring as many mastery skills as I can, while betting on my chances.

Luckily, I am the type of person that finishes what she started, and trusts in her decisions. Otherwise, it was possible that I will simply ignore the thought, and do something else.

But now, I have at least acquired one of the skills, that I wanted.

Though, I wasn’t expecting to level up in the middle of that. but if leveling up skills could give experience points, then having my level increasing is not a weird result, maybe?

But with this, I can move to the other skills that I wanted.

And with my level up, my skill points amount have also increased.

Opening the skill matrix, and checking have proved so.

“Now, I can do it.”

Looking at the two skills in front of me, I smiled.

The first skill is called ‘weapon arts’, which is already self-explanatory, while the second is called ‘memory’.

And the reason for me choosing these two are simple. While weapon art’s effect is not clear, I can guess it is an offensive skill from its name, and on the other hand, the reason for memory is not remembering the content of the matrix, but instead to help in my fighting and navigating.

Just like what happened in my last fight, when moving and fighting, I may forget some important information, like which directions I have taken.

Though it may also prove helpful in fighting and leveling skills, as I learned from using a clear mind.

Mental skills are not as strong as physical ones, but as a support, they may possibly be one of the best skills.

Like that, I have made a choice.

-Do you want to acquire Skill: Weapon Arts?

Yes/No.-

Of course, yes.

-Conditions have been met.

You have acquired skill: Weapon Arts Lv1.-

And now next is...

-Do you want to acquire Skill: Memory?

Yes/No.-

Once again, yes.

-Conditions have been met.

You have acquired skill: Memory Lv1.-

Good. Now, I have finished, or so I want to say. But apparently, I still have a lot of skill points.

“It seems, that as an effect of skills like clear mind, I acquired memory for cheap.”

But what skill should I acquire then?

“Hmm. I guess my best choice is this one for sure.”

Looking at the skill, I want. I click it, and then...

-Do you want to acquire Skill: Physical Arts?

Yes/No.-

This notification appears.

“Yes, it is.”

-Conditions have been met.

You have acquired skill: Physical Arts Lv1.-

Looking at this notification, I check my status.

-Status :

Anon Zero 6

hp : 120

mp: 60

sp : 210

atk : 180

def : 150

agi : 60

Skills:

Observer- Analyse lv2 - Stamina lv4 - Sp enhance lv3 - Advanced Physical Mastery lv3 - Attack lv3 - Defence lv2 - Health lv1 - Hp auto-recovery lv1 - Thought Acceleration lv2 - Precision - Clear Mind - Advanced Weapon Mastery lv1 - Weapon Arts Lv1 - Memory lv1 - Physical Arts lv1 -

“did I grow a little too much ?”

Well, It’s the third day of the game, so a lot of people should have a status that is similar, or even better than mine.

“But I guess this is time then. Or maybe a little rest first ?”

Having, such a decision, I lay down on the bed, thinking of my next plan of action.

“with my status and skill reaching this level, I don’t need any more preparations. I can just go back and attack that blind corps. As long as I hunt them one by one, it should not be that hard.”

And if it’s the rats, I can just exterminate them after that.

For all I know, there may be a rat boss or something, but I don’t fear it. Instead, I am afraid of the bald fangs making a group.

After all, their levels are the same as mine. Even with that, I can still win by using my skills in a one-on-one, but the number of them if grouping up can be a threat.

“as such, my best option is to hunt them one by one.”

Finishing my planning, and feeling my body’s rested condition, I stand.

Step, step.

Getting out of the safe room, and the house, I stand there, feeling the fresh air, while marveling at the beautiful night sky.

Sigh.

“when looking at such a sky, it really gives the feeling that no matter what actions I do, they are just insignificant events in an unknown place, ha.”

Well, that’s the reason why I am living my life in my way, after all. Even if it’s just an insignificant event, it’s still defines my world and proves a meaning in my life.

And for that reason...

“I am going to prove it. That my life wasn’t meaningless. Be it a fun and exciting story, or a dramatic fight, I shall finish it with a proud smile.”

Feeling the beating of my heart, and strength in my clenched fist, I take a step forward.

Fuush.

And jump.

Then now I am racing against gravity using a tree’s trunk as my track.

With physical arts, even such an insane move, that can’t be done by the blessing of stats alone, is possible. Because of that, I am now dashing, with almost invisible steps art vertically on this tree.

Feeling the wind caressing my face, and gravity weighting on my body, I advance.

Then reaching the top of the tree, I ...

“hooo.”

Jump again.

11