1_ ch 34: K. a death race
457 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

34. K: a death race

“BHAAAAA.”

“BHAAAAA.”

“BHAAAAA.”

Shit.

Without stopping my running, I glanced behind, and what greeted me was a closing flock of weird sheep racing on the green grass.

“Could not you at least keep your cute appearance when chasing me, please ?”

And what is with that speed ? are you trying to tell me that your big body is not just for show?

“BHAAAAA.”

“BHAAAAA.”

“BHAAAAA.”

Shit.

They are getting closer. Even with my utmost efforts dedicated to running and my agility at the value of 80, I am losing this deadly game of tag as they are getting closer, and closer.

Shit.

I am doing my best running, so how am I losing this badly? could it be that big size is more useful than my earlier estimations or is their agility skill level even higher than mine?

No, taking into account their level, I think that the latter reason is more possible. And if all of them have this high of agility, I will eventually get caught.

Understanding this fact, I glance back once again, trying to choose a target for myself. If I am getting caught anyway, then I just have to use my attacker’s movements to my advantage.

“then if I were to kill at least two of them, I may be able to reach lv 6, and if it goes right, my agility skill may level up once.”

Also if I were to carefully choose a target, and push its corpse to block the others’ advancing path, I may be able to create an escaping chance for myself.

Thinking like that, I gradually slow down my running speed as if I am getting tired.

Though I may not know the level of this creatures’ intelligence, I don’t think it’s enough to guess my acting.

“Not like it would matter even if they know.”

Slowing down my speed, in hope of not wasting any needless stamina, and getting a better chance at an easy aim, I check the distance between me and the sheep flock.

And smiling at the fact that it’s closing, I try moving in front of the leading sheep, planning to use it in blocking the others.

Like that, the distance is getting shorter.

20 m, 15 m, 10 m,

9 m, 8 m, 7 m, 6 m ,5 m, 4 m,

3 m, 2 m, 1 m ....

And now...

EVADE.

“BHAAAAA.”

Quickly jumping to the side, I succeeded in escaping the canning-filled face.

“bha ....”

Then taking this as my chance, I swiftly try to use the skill sword art, trying to kill the sheep before it restores its movement, but just as I try to do so.

“BHAAAAA.”

Another sheep jump on me.

“tsk.”

Evading it once again, I quickly follow its attack with mine, and this time finishing my move and landing a slash on its neck.

“a tough one. huh.”

Failing to decapitate it, I instead end up creating a deep wound on its neck.

And if I were to try attributing this result to anything, then maybe this flock of sheep is different from the previous rabbits I fought before, having not only a higher speed but also a higher defense on them.

But even if their defense is higher, I don’t think they can survive a deep wound like that.

And just as I thought, the sheep quickly fell to the ground, not only dying but also taking more of the flock with it, and recreating those tragic scenes from cars accident news.

-Conditions have been met.

Lv5 have been reached.-

YES, I did it.

Level 5 finally.

“but it seems the agility skill did not level up.”

If so, I have another chance in trying, I just need to kill another sheep.

“BHAAAAA.”

With that in mind, I evade the attack coming from behind me and try to attack, just to stop and evade a sheep I missed.

“shit. That was close.“

Missing my timing of attack, I am barely safe after evading a biting attack.

Seriously, just when did a sheep’s favorite food become a human’s fresh head?

But not caring for that, I use a coming sheep’s momentary loss in speed when it’s trying to attack me, and slash.

“bha ....”

This time, achieving the wanted result of decapitation, I smile when looking at its dying corpse falling and causing the other sheep to trip by it.

Then using that as the sign, I suddenly increase my running speed.

And as if lady luck is supporting me, ......

-Conditions have been met.

Lv6 have been reached.-

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Agility Lv1 has become Lv2.-

I successfully level up again, and this time, I have indeed leveled the agility skill up.

“huff.”

And with this sudden acceleration, and the sheep flock having more than half of its members down, I quickly create a distance once again.

“BHAAAAA.”

But not even mentally celebrating yet, the sheep quickly stand and start racing after me again.

“..... ? what ? should not they be tired and hurt ? how come that their speed is actually becoming faster than before ?”

Could it be that I am not the only one that was faking his speed?

shit.

I thought that I would at least gain enough distance from them and that with my increase in speed, I would be able to keep that status quo until I reach the old building.

“BHAAAAA.”

“BHAAAAA.”

“BHAAAAA.”

But as it seems, I was either hoping too much, or I was looking down on these guys.

Shit.

They are once again closing.

To think I would just return to the beginning, with them once again closing in.

And worst of all, is that when looking ahead, I still can’t spot the old building.

“shit. What’s now? even if I try to fight them, I can’t beat them all.”

Getting flustered, and absorbed in my thinking, I...

“BHAAAAA.”

Fail to see a coming attack and end up barely evading it by a hair’s breadth.

But even so, I end up losing my focus.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

And I end up falling head first onto the grass and getting swept by my own momentum.

9