1_ ch 36: interlude. Black Twin Stars
463 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

36. interlude: Black Twin Stars

Under the evening sun’s light, a motorcycle was racing through the city’s roads.

Vroom. Vroom.

In an agile and precise movement, it passed the other vehicles, making its path through all the traffic.

Vroom. Vroom.

Not slowing down, it took a sharp turn, then reaching a straight road, it accelerated. Not willing to stop.

Vroom. Vroom.

Riding such motorcycle, and enjoying the feeling of wind, was a person in a black overcoat, and a helmet of that same color.

Hiding his face behind its black glass, only revealing a pair of black and mesmerizing eyes overlooking the outside world.

Vroom. Vroom.

Feeling his increased speed, he kept advancing through the city, while enjoying the feeling it gives.

Keeping such a fast movement pace, it was only but moments when a certain building appeared in his view.

Vroom. Vroom.

Changing his direction, and moving toward that building, the black rider didn’t lower his speed but kept it instead.

Moving toward his destination, he still didn’t lower his speed.

And then nearing his targeted place, he suddenly pushed the brakes while making a side turn, as if forcing his motorcycle into screaming, he successfully made a violent full stop.

Sudden brakes noises.

And then, he calmly looked around, while ignoring the commotion he caused.

“wh-what was that ?”

“Is he crazy ?”

“Are you a madman?”

......

Then getting down of his motorcycle, the man stood to the side, trying to take his helmet off.

When finally the security man at the entrance, woke up from his surprise. Moving toward the black rider just getting down from his motorcycle, and angrily yelling.

“HEY, you. This is a private property, you can’t ju-.....”

When the man suddenly froze, not finishing his words. Instead, he grew pale, while looking at the rider’s face appearing from under the helmet.

Looking at it, the man recognized those emotionless eyes, coldly observing his movement.

and finally knowing who’s the rider is, the man felt intimidated, then stutteringly he spoke.

“S-Sir, I-I am so SORRY.”

Bowing while drowning in a cold sweat, the man resumed his words.

“I didn’t know you will come today, I was notified that you won’t be here until tomorrow. I am so sorry.”

Not daring to raise his head, the man fearfully spoke his words bowing his head.

“is that so.”

Then hearing a simple emotionless response, the man shuddered, feeling the disinterest in the rider’s voice.

Step. Step. Step.

Not bothering to care for the man, the rider walked, not even spearing him another glance.

Moving forward without even glancing to the back, the man entered the building.

Then moving by his memory, the man confidently walked toward the reception, ignoring all of the prying eyes on him, and the gossiping mouth surrounding him.

Whisper. Whisper.

“Hey, who is that ?”

“maybe a celebrity? but I don’t recognize him ?”

“then are we filming a new advertisement ?“

“Could it be a new employee ?”

“what are you talking about ? with a face like that, he should be a celebrity, right ?”

Such conversations were buzzing around, but even so, there was also a group of people with different reactions.

“hey, is that ... ?”

“now way, he is alive? I thought he died or something.”

“gasp. I didn’t hear of this.”

“man, this is something.”

But even as all of these conversations took place, the subject of all that talk was calmly walking toward the reception.

Step. Step. Step. Step.

Standing at the reception, a woman raised her head, looking in the direction of a handsome man walking in her direction.

The man had black hair in a low ponytail and a pair of black eyes that captivate a person’s mind as if the mighty gravity of twin black stars is absorbing you.

Feeling a little flushed, but more intimidated, she nervously spoke to him.

“excuse me, sir, how may I help you ?”

Faking calmness, and asking, the man coldly responded with a question of his own.

“is Celes in her office ?”

“Celes ?”

Feeling a little lost for a moment, and not understanding who’s the name is referring to, the woman blinked her eyes twice.

Then as if remembering the answer, she opened her mouth.

“Ah, president Celestin. Could it be you have an appointment, sir ? may I have your name, please ?”

“from your reaction, she is there. huh.”

“sir ?”

Ignoring the confused receptionist, the man turned to walk, not bothering to explain.

“sir? sir? you can’t jus-...hmmm. Hmmm.”

Feeling confused in the hand covering her mouth, the receptionist looked to her side, when seeing an older senior of her, who worked here even before her.

Feeling even more confused, and trying to open her mouth, she abruptly stopped, when seeing her senior bowing her head and speaking.

“ sorry master Leo, she is new here, and was working for only less than two years.”

Stopping and looking at the older receptionist with some interest, she flinches, just to quickly hide it.

His interest not lasting more than a second, the man, or otherwise known as Leo White, walked toward a private elevator at the side.

Reaching it, and pressing the button, he stood there waiting.

Ping.

When the elevator door is opened, he, Leo, stepped in.

Tin. Tun. Tin. Tun. Taa.

Tin. Tun. Tin. Tun. Taa.

Getting in, he chose the right floor, and stood there, looking at the closing door of the elevator.

“sigh. Even after two years, this music did not change. As boring as always.”

Looking at his reflection in the mirror, Leo could not hide his boredom, getting fed up with this old music.

But knowing the futility of such a complaint, he closed his mouth, planning to change it personally next time.

Ping.

Finally reaching the required floor, Leo got out of the elevator, then he walked among the surprised and stiffened employees until he reached the office he was looking for.

And not even knocking, he opened the door and got inside.

Looking around at the empty but wide office, he moved toward a sofa, and sat there, waiting for the coming of this place’s owner.

Comfortably sitting around, doing nothing but staring at the ceiling, he waited.

And then minutes later, the door was opened.

Click.

And as expected, she was there.

Looking at the woman who entered the office, Leo spoke smiling.

“Yo Celis, it’s been a while.”

10