1_ ch 48: A. Mastery
404 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

48. A: Mastery

Voooosh.

With a whistling sound, the halberd cut through the air, and accompanied by a strong gust of wind it heads toward the walker's head.

But as expected, a single attack won’t be enough.

baam.

"roooaaar."

Because as if knowing the danger of my attack, or simply remembering the pain it felt before, the walker has just jumped from the tree, trying to evade the halberd's path.

sssssh.

Though not fully escaping unscratched, the walker's right shoulder ends up being paid as a price for its successful dodging.

With the halberd shredding it apart, before resuming its flying path, moving toward the trees at the other end.

Smiling at that, I speak.

"don't you dare start celebrating yet?"

voooo.

And with that as a signal, suddenly, the flying halberd changes its direction of movement, making a full turn.

Then curving around the trees, and without losing its speed, it starts homing back toward the walker's undefended back.

ssssh.

Barely avoiding it again, the walker loses a part of his rear body this time.

Voooo.

Though once again, with halberd changing its direction, as if a boomerang dancing in the air, or as a hunting eagle following its prey, ...

It attacks again, and again, and again...

And every time It does so, the walker's body is further shredded.

"but this ....ha, is ....ha, ... really tiring."

Standing on a different branch, panting, while leaning on the tree's trunk trying to stabilize my aching body, and resting my tired muscle, I barely stop myself from falling to the ground.

Because not only am I tired from a long series of fights, and am heavily injured with an arm bent in a weird direction, but in addition to that, I am suffering headaches because I am overusing my skill.

But not willing to give up this late at the game, I simply grit my teeth and observe the state of things.

Because even though it's true that with every attack of the halberd, the walker is further injured.

But for a beast of its size? it will need a lot of attacks just to weaken it.

And because of that, it all comes back to the previous question of whether my wave of attacks can last until then or not.

And just let me say this, okay? even I am not sure if I can last.

Because for every move the halberd does, I can feel my head overheating even more.

And truthfully, that isn't a sensation, I would like for it to last.

Though, at the very least, I am winning, for now, so let's just hope that the observer's mental enhancement is going to last long enough to kill this thing.

Otherwise, I will have to retreat immediately and start this fight over at the next chance I get.

Hmm ? what? you don't understand why is observer needed here?

Well, let's first start by explaining how I am attacking with my halberd in this way.

So you see, with basic weapon mastery, I can wield weapons more easily, and can also make a series of precise movements that are difficult otherwise, right?

Then what about advanced weapon mastery? and why did I fail at leveling it up?

The answer for that is because I was trying that in the wrong way.

When acquiring an advanced mastery, you are already beyond the normal understanding of said weapons, and so you can also use it in a different way than the norm.

So for advanced mastery, your weapon control is not solely dependent on your body, but also on your stats and will.

And that's what I am doing. I am applying my stats on my weapon and forcing it to move the way I want, simply by will.

Though if I wanted to, then I can do the same to any weapon as long as it belongs to me, or as long as I acknowledge it as such.

Of course, if the weapon was someone else's, then the difficulty will increase, but otherwise, it should be doable.

I said doable, not easy, okay?

Because this is hard, like a really hard mental effort, and this is me saying it, so you can imagine the difficulty.

To choose a weapon and use only your will, for binding it under your name, and forcefully gaining control over it with that.

What tiresome work this is.

Though it's possible to simply take hold of the weapon physically instead, and then it's naturally yours, as long as it's a normal weapon with nothing special of course.

And as proof of that, I can feel all the knives and even the sword I am carrying at my side, resonating with every beat of my heart, every thought I make, and every move I do.

It's like there is this connection between them and me as if my name is deeply etched in them, and so, just like any muscle of my body, I just need a single thought to control them.

And the fun part is? I can feel it.

That connection linking me and my halberd growing the more I used my halberd to attack.

Though it's still small and faint now, nevertheless I can feel it growing.

And so, even though using this skill is really tiresome, and mentally draining. But as long as my thinking and mental state are enhanced by observer, Then I can at least keep the attack up, for a little while longer.

because the feeling of a weapon controlled simply by your will is really nice.

Though sadly, I am not using a one-handed sword nor am I using a light-saber, but a black metallic halberd instead, and so the cool image of a fantasy knight, or a certain space swordsmen is absent.

But even so, it's still fun to finally understand.

It’s fun, that even as I am excessively drained, I speak.

"ha ... this ... ha, .. is ..what.. mastery mean, ha ?"

To use a weapon enough, for you to make it yours, and etch your name on it.

it's really an exciting thing.

9