2_ ch 18: A. a World’s End
310 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

18. A: a World’s End

In a scene of absolute madness, depicting a world’s tragic ending, stood a girl.

A very, very beautiful girl.

And there she stood. Ignoring her injuries, ignoring her weakening limbs, and ignoring her unstable mental state, all, as she smiled, overlooking The Ugly, Dark, and Distorted Black as it painted the world.

And so, she stood, and with her mere presence, she turned this nightmarish landscape, into a piece of art...

“or more like it would have been so, if there was someone to film me...”

Thinking so, and cutting my daydreaming, I smile as I try raising my body from the fence, and well...

“It seems I am still tired. Though at least, I can move now, so it’s not that bad, hmm.”

“Still, even if I can move now, it’s not like I really have a place to go to, with all of the paths drown in the oblivion.”

Thinking so, and glancing from my spot at the rooftop’s surroundings, I watch the world, and...

Yeah, even though there is still a lot of trees, even in the direction where the Curse flowed from, but...

“it’s but a matter of time until even those trees get devoured.”

“ Heck, even now I can see trees, rocks, and also buildings getting broken to pieces, and devoured.”

“and so, yup. It’s but a matter of time.”

Saying so, I once again look at the weird black sea in front of me, just that this time, I also try using something on it...

What is it, that thing you ask?

Well, of course, it’s Analyse, or is it now Observer’s Analyse?

“maybe, I should actually think of a better name first?”

Ah, but that can wait for later, I guess. For now, let’s just focus on the skill.

Thinking so, I glance at the black arms trying to crawl this building’s walls, but this time, instead of just looking, I also try activating my skill...

And well, what’s this?

Saying so, I smile a little, all, as I watch a blue interface suddenly appearing like usual. It’s just that this time...

“there’s actually a lot of options?”

Or is it more like sub-menus?

Well, whatever. Thinking so, and giving up on the subject for now, I move to check on the description, and...

-Crawling Insanity: an Aspect of The Oblivion.-

Just as I do so, it happened...

A sudden stop, as all of the otherworldly movement, stopped.... before then slowly turning in my direction, as thousands of pairs of eyes, all stared at me slowly...

And smiled...

Aaaahhhhhhh...

Eeeeeehhhhh....

Ooooooohhhh....

And so, with the eerie dark smiles as a sign, it then happened.

And as all the curse flowed through this area, stopped flowing.... it then changed direction as it slowly started to.....

Surge.

In a manner similar to a World Ending Tsunami, it surged.

And with me, standing there at the middle of it all, I watched.

As the small building, I stood on, was easily surrounded...

By a Black Heaven Towering Wave of Tsunami.

And seeing that mad scene, all I could say was...

“Oh, shi-....”

Boom.

Tsunami crashing

Splash.

Wave rising.

Pitter patter.

Water droplet falling.

Pitter patter.

.....

.....

.....

.....

There was silence. And with it, there was darkness.

And so, in a world dominated by these two, and only these two, I...

Woke up...

Opening my eyes, I am underwater. and though, I am indeed not breathing, but for some reason, I...

Am not suffocating?

Hmmm? Well, now this seems familiar...

Drowning, hmm... thinking so, I glance around me, and what I see is...

Nothing. I see nothing. there are no lights. There are no corpses. There are no twisted limbs.... or at least, not like before...

Thinking so, and glancing at the source of the weird feeling on my skin, I try changing my posture, but.... it was easy...

Thinking so, and moving underwater, I try looking around me, and.....

There’s nothing. Totally Nothing.

No matter how I look, there is Nothing, but the black silent eerie world.

And though looking at all of this really is giving me a headache, but...

Well, I at least survived.

Thinking so, I close my eyes a little, and doing so, I remember...

I remember the scene of black water covering my field of vision, when...

Heaven literally fell. Or at least that is what I felt when seeing the tsunami about to crush me...

Honestly? I thought I would die. I mean, with a scene like that? Anyone will think it would be the end. Because that’s is just how an endless black wall of water seemed to me.

Still, I didn’t give up. Yeah, dying like that didn’t actually seem bad. Heck, I don’t even know if I would actually die or not, but still...

It seemed like a waste to die like that, and so... I decided...

To Survive.

And then reaching that decision, all that was left was the question of how.

How Would I Actually Escape? Well, let’s just say that I didn’t even need to think, nor did I have the time to think about it. And so, I made the most reckless thing a stressed person would do...

I jumped from the top of a building.

Oh, but it wasn’t to suicide, okay? No. It was actually to survive, you know? And so, making my decision, I didn’t waste time, and quickly stepped on the rooftop fence, before then...

Jumping. Directly to the twisted limbs, and distorted faces.

But then, just as I drew closure to them, I...

Swung my halberd, cutting a path between them. Before then, holding it tightly, as I...

Used it as a personal watercraft to pull me directly through the crawling insanity.

And so, holding it tightly like that, I used all the power I could muster, ignoring my dizzy head, ignoring my decreasing Sp, and also ignoring it, the feeling of death looming over my head, as I give my all on my weapon mastery...

And it was amazing, the fact that even though the odds were against me, I could actually do it, and that I could actually move inside the crawling insanity...

Move, and move, and so... I kept moving, further, further, and as further from the predicted crashing point, as I could, when...

Boom, and a loud sound was heard. And splash, and a mad wave hit me, as I...

Lost consciousness. And well, that's how I woke up here.

Fascinating, right?

6