2_ ch 37: Interlude. Malfunctioning
181 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

37. Interlude: Malfunctioning

For a moment, it felt as if its whole world was covered by noise..... as if its whole perception was blocked by static..... and its whole mind was filled with weird confusing buzzing...

Simply put, it felt.....

“InFurRiaAtiNG.....”

Saying so, the Being of Light gritted its teeth, while suppressing its wrath at the monster in front of it.

“Tto TthINnKk.... I wWoOLdD... fFailL....”

Saying so, the Being of Light, now with half of its head missing, stared at the weird distortion in front of it...

Mad...

It was Mad... Angry... Wrathful.... but more than anything it was...

Afraid..... Of this Cancer’s spread...

It can’t be left.... should be Stopped... Destroyed... Erased.... and so...

“MmOorRE.... pPOoWEerR....”

Deciding so, the being of light gritted its teeth, before then suddenly smiling...

“POoWEerR....”

Right, power... Of course... if power was lacking... if destruction was Difficult.... and this Cancer’s erasure was impossible, then...

“JjuUsT... MmaAKe.... iTt....”

“ PpOoSsible...”

With more power.... with more Avatars... No matter how much it takes... Just...

“DdEesTtrRoOY...”

Smiling madly as it said so, the being of light suddenly...

Felt excited...

As it suddenly released its clenched fist, before then raising its remaining arm to the sky and swiftly lowering it, when...

Booom.

ZzZzSsZzzZSsSZTttTT.

Lightning intensifying.

Suddenly Great Pillars of White Lightning broke through the dark cloudy sky, and shook the ground, while the Being itself simply...

Melted into strands of white light as it disappeared... All of that happening, without the being ever getting a chance to see Eya...

And her distorted smile...

.....

How simple...

Thinking so, Eya suppressed her smile a little, before then boredly raising her head and glancing at it.... the cloudy sky above, as it...

Drip.

Began to rain.

Drip, Drip.

Slowly at first, it began to rain, but then seconds later and.....

Ssshhhh.

Heavy rain sound.

“and the previous heavy rain is back again.”

Calmly saying so, Eya dazedly stared at the sky, enjoying the feeling of cold water droplets on her skin, before then moving her attention to the scenery around her, to the darkening sky above her, and more importantly...

To the crumbling cityscape below, as it was destroyed by the descending pillars...

Those Endless Pillars of White Lightning...

Connecting the sky and earth.... while also erasing the buildings around..... all, as they kept increasing...

One at the beginning, then two, three, four.... and the number kept increasing when suddenly, Eya with a frown on her face...

“Haaaa... That’s no good... No good at all.”

Sighed, before then shaking her head disapprovingly as...

“hm?”

As suddenly, the increasing number of pillars has reached a stop, and with it...

ZsSzZztTsS.

An ear-piercing sound reverberated as...

BOOOM

Vooooosh.

They emerged...

A Legion... A White Legion Of Destruction emerged from the Pillars of lightning...

Thinking so, and smiling at the thought, Eya looked around her, while observing them standing atop the debris of a city just destroyed...

They were white, covered in light, and were many... too many actually.... maybe a few hundreds? Maybe a thousand? Well, that’s not important...

Thinking so, Eya ignored the number and just looked at them, as they collectively raised their head, before then looking back at her, with the only thing clear in their featureless face being their Wrath...

And some mad excitement too...

"How Fun”

Saying so, Eya scanned the legion in front of her, checking each individual’s form, and well...

They were kinda similar but different at the same time, and though most of them were female humanoids, there were also... Wolfs? Giants? And even Monsters mixed in?

“well, whatever...”

Saying so, Eya dismissed the thought and then stared at the closest avatar, a Light-Armored Katana-Wielder, as she...

“so because Brute Force failed....”

“you are going with Brute Force AND the Power of Numbers this time?”

“How smart....”

Began her mockery of its IQ...

.......

“How Smart...”

“Y-YOU...”

Saying so, the closest Avatar spoke while gritting its teeth, before then suddenly calming itself as it...

Smiled.

Yes, now I can do it... Now, I can destroy it... Finally, I won’t have to fear it anymore... Those Shackles and their Control... I...

“Will destroy it...”

Smiling madly as it said so, the being’s numerous avatars all shared the same twisted expression, as they all suddenly looked at Eya, and...

Stood.... as the white lightning intensified, as the white flame blazed, and as the Legion with all its members suddenly...

Fuuush.

Rose to the air, while looking down at the anomaly below them.

“this time... I will....”

““““ DESTROY IT ””””

Collectively saying so, all of the Legion’s many Avatars were about to attack, when suddenly...

“Say, how much is it right now?..."

A childish voice cut them, as Eya calmly asked them.

“...Your current immersion rate, that is...”

Saying so, Eya calmly stared at them above, with all the scenes around them from weapons to monsters, from flames to lightning, while she, just casually asked...

But... they were silent.... and so, with her eyes growing colder, Eya...

“Answer me, failure....”

Coldly glared at the pathetic failure in front of her, while resuming her words...

“How deep is your immersion?”

““““ ..... ””””

“No, forget that... the most important question should be....”

“hey, failure.... what are you?”

““““ W-what?””””

“Change that, who are you?”

““““ W-what are you talking about, A-abomination? ””””

Saying so, the legion of white beings looked at Eya, and with confusion and discomfort, responded to her.

“so, the Ego Erosion has already started?”

“No, maybe it IS starting?”

Saying so, Eya kept her eyes looking at the White Legion above, as they suddenly...

““““ Ego Erosion? ””””

Froze in place, before then gritting their teeth, as they...

““““ are you looking down on me, Monster? ””””

“ As if I...” “ As if I...” “ As if I...”

“ As if I...” “ As if I...”

Malfunctioned.

Smile.

!!!

“I?... Who am I” “Who am I” “Who am I”

“Who am I” “Who am I”

“No... Where am I?” “ Where am I?”

“ Where am I?” “ Where am I?” “ Where am I?”

zZzsHsZzzZSh

Lightning intensifying.

“What’s happening?” “...Happening?”

“...Happening?” “...Happening?”

“...Happening?”

And looking at that, all Eya did was...

“Hmph, Told ya...”

To cross her arms and proudly smile, enjoying the event unfolding in front of her

4