2_ ch 71: S. A Warning Then A Song
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

71. S: A Warning Then A Song

Entering my room and walking forward, I move toward the desk and then reaching it, I put the card and box on it, before then ignoring that card floating up and checking my status.

-Status: Sage Lv6

Skills:

- Notebook - Health Lv6 - Defense Lv5 - Pain Tolerance Lv6 - Advanced Bow Mastery Lv1 - Attack Lv3 - Fear Tolerance Lv2 - Analyse Lv3 - Bow Arts Lv2 - Agility Lv6 - Basic Dagger Mastery Lv5 - Dagger Arts Lv1 -

But, it seems all I got through that chasing game was a single level for myself and some levels in agility, basic dagger mastery, and dagger art.

Well, considering my level, then I guess getting this much is not bad. Especially when dagger mastery didn’t cost me much while dagger art was pretty much free. But that aside, I guess now is finally time...

“The time to check what this Notebook is all about.”

Saying that and taking a deep breath, I look around me at the endless dark world and the countless white letters, before then locking my gaze on it. That notification awaiting me, and that ‘Yes’ no longer grayed out.

Looking at it and feeling some nervousness, I take a moment and think, but as expected, this is really nothing but a gamble. I mean, I don’t really know what this notebook is all about, and is it even a skill? Will it help or do I need it? Also, if its cost is high then can’t I just wait for later and then awaken it, or will its cost increase too?

Thinking about all those questions and feeling some hesitation, I fall silent, and then...

“Haaaa... just why am I overthinking this?”

Sighing and speaking that, I once again look at the word ‘yes’ and then... I throw all thoughts unnecessary and reach my right hand for it, but...

Ding.

“What’s this?”

Saying that and feeling confused, I pull my hand back and then moving my attention from the ‘Yes/No’ question, I look at a newly appearing... warning?

“Seriously?”

Saying so and looking at the newly appearing red message, I read it, but...

-Warning: An unauthorized action is attempted, there will be consequences-

But do you really think I will stop just because of a message? Also, what the hell do you mean by consequences? Thinking about all of that in a moment and looking at the message, I am suddenly... feeling excited, but not getting swept by that, I don’t waste time and then I quickly try pressing that ‘Yes’ button, when...

Clang.

Along with a familiar metal sound ringing in my ears, my hand moving forward was stopped, while the warning on the other hand... doubled.

-Warning: Outside interference is not allowed. Cheating too is not allowed. Don’t attempt it or there will be consequences.-

Then falling silent as I stare at that second warning, I slowly give up moving my right hand, and then... I calmly and casually use my left hand this time and successfully press ‘Yes’.

“... Yeah, that was easy.”

Saying so and looking to the side, I try not looking at the new warning message, and instead, I look at my hands. And there what I saw was...

-Warning: Anomaly found- -Warning: An unknown Interference found-

What I saw was a familiar, and old notebook of mine. Then glancing at it like that for a moment, I suddenly felt... My face darkening and my palms getting sweaty. After all, this notebook... Of all things, it had to be...

“OF ALL THINGS, IT HAD TO BE ‘THIS’?”

Questioning so and yelling, I felt my face heating from embarrassment. Nevertheless, I also felt some relief. After all, the moment I saw the word ‘Notebook’ I kinda expected this. Still, expecting and seeing it are not the same, and so...

[Chronicles Of The One-Eyed Sage(Vo. EX)]

“And so, it’s normal for me to feel this awkward and embarrassed...”

Saying that and feeling myself slowly calming down, I look at the notebook in my hand and then I move my attention to the title, but...

”Did I ever write an extra volume?”

Saying so and looking curiously at the notebook, I slowly try to open it but then...

-Warning...- -...Unauthorized...- -...Requirement...- -...Access...- -... Consequences...-

But then, suddenly along with countless red warning appearing, I... I felt as if an indescribable weight was pressuring me... No, it felt more like it was crushing me, choking my lungs, and even stopping my heart, as I was completely petrified in place.

Nevertheless, it was then that I saw it. Even with my head fogging and my vision losing its colors I saw it reflected on that card floating in front of me. A white door? A gate of light? No, it felt more like...

... An horizon line slowly splitting the endlessly dark sky in two as it spread behind me, but then...

Blink.

It felt like something ancient moved, maybe something vast rumbled? I couldn’t tell nor could I understand. Not with this song of twisting metal ringing in my ears, or with that wave of crimson twisting my vision, and so... feeling my consciousness fading, I... I...

I stayed frozen in place, not moving or even blinking... When suddenly, following some unclear noise, those red messages in front of me glitched and disappeared, while I... I...

“What was I doing again?”

Standing in front of my desk and saying so, I look around me and then... Ah, right.

“I was checking the notebook.”

And then I remember what I was doing, as I then calmly turn around and sit, before then putting the notebook in front of me and looking at it. Nevertheless, not touching it yet, I suddenly pause and shift my attention from the notebook in front of me to the black card floating around. After all, that card has suddenly...

“It moved?”

Saying so and feeling puzzled, I glance at the card in front of me flying in air, when suddenly it stopped its movement and then fell... Right into the drawer and on the guide from before’s cover, it fell and disappeared. Still, is it just me or...

“Did I see some image on it?”

Questioning so and feeling confused for a moment, I quickly forget the thoughts and then once more focus.

“On my notebook.”

Saying so and quickly clearing my mind, I look once more in front of me, before then opening the notebook and what I read then was...

1