2_ ch 74: K. Hundred Arm Shielding From Rain
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

74. K: Hundred Arm Shielding From Rain

Ba-Thump.

I could feel it, the soothing but abnormally cold droplet of rain... The irregular but intensifying pulsing sound ringing in my head and also... Some kind of voice, maybe a whisper failing to reach my ears... Still, I am finally here... at a possible end of this scenario, so...

Ssshhhh.

Heavy rain sound.

“Let’s do it.”

Saying that and clearing my mind from hesitation, I tighten the hold on my sword and then raise my head as I slowly look at it in front of me...

A twisted, disfigured creature. Its disgusting and ugly body swelling like a pregnant woman, while its twisted limbs forcefully stretching like a rotting corpse... Honestly speaking, it looks like a tower... With its base made of black crystals and broken limbs, its walls covered in human-faced bricks, weird glowing veins, and burnt fur, and then decorating its top were distorted heads, legs, arms, and even... tentacles. Simply put, what stood in front of me was something more disgusting than anything I knew, more pitiful than anything I could imagine, and also...

“UgHaAaAa....”

“More painful than I ever expected."

Realizing that and deciding to erase these unknown emotions literally eating me inside out, I take a deep breath and then... I abruptly roll to the side dodging...

Zzzsshh.

“A DAMN BEAM??”

Saying that and once again rolling to the side, I quickly get behind one of the nearest corrupted fragments as I escape the black light beam, but still...

“Isn’t a beam just... TOO MUCH?”

Screaming such and feeling some unfairness, I quickly roll once more to the side, and then instantly dash forward taking the chance as another of the mole’s giant eyes facing me just exploded after releasing the beam, but...

!!?!?!

“Shit, it’s a trap?”

Questioning that and gritting my teeth, I instantly twist my body and then tense my muscles, only to then swing my sword as I...

Clang, Clang. Fuuush.

As I barely parry aside the two snake-like ribs piercing out of the mole’s very own flesh and then twisting toward my heart, and then get myself once again sent flying back, nevertheless...

“That... was weak?”

It was completely unexpected, yes, but... it was weak. Thinking that and feeling lost, I calmly control the purple light covering my sword and then step in the air and backflip avoiding a lunging fragment’s disgusting maw, but...

“Is there something I am missing?”

Saying that and feeling something off, I once again step back and then look at the mole in front of me, but aside from its current low level and the pulsing lightning around it, I... No, wait, its eyes.

Why are they darting around instead of focusing on me now that I attacked it? And also what is it? This feeling of weird loss and confusion haunting me for a while now?

Thinking about that and calmly kicking another roaring furry slug in front of me, I raise my sword and with my body tensing... I take a deep breath, not recklessly attacking this time. After all, even though I am not That far from it, for some reason the mole is ignoring me... so... what is it... what is it... The anomaly here.... is it one day waking up and finding myself in this endless green plain? No, and probably not the drowning part too... So, maybe it’s the aimless scenario and unknown goal causing me insecurities? Well, a little I guess, add to that the fact I still don’t really know how all of this is happening. So what’s it?

Frustratedly thinking that and looking around me, I grip my sword even more tightly, and then I... freeze. Not because the mole’s body just flinched, or because all its eyes are all looking in my direction now. No, instead it’s because I may have really reached it...

Ding.

An end of this scenario... Reaching such a conclusion and finding the anomaly, I slowly lower my sword and ignore its vibrating cry, as I then calmly close my eyes and listen to it. That annoying background music ringing in my head.

Ba-Thump. Ba-Thump.

And then finally focusing on it, I take a deep breath, and then with sweat and nervousness covering my face, I slowly open my eyes while also feeling... My wounds healing, my thoughts calming and that unknown mist clouding my thoughts, then following that was... The rain. That soothing cold rain...

-Congratulation, you have found a Hidden Piece-

-Hidden Piece: Nameless Orphan Under Rain-

“Ha, it’s not reaching me... So, it was like this... Haaaa.”

Right, right, to cut a path out for myself. So, this was the meaning of escaping...

Smiling and thinking so, I look once more at the mole in front of me... a pitiful creature trapped in an accursed eternity, the key to me escaping and also... my comrade in this scenario, one that needs me. Then looking at it for a while, I slowly move my attention to the weak whispers barely audible in my ears, raise my head, and then...

Ssshhhh.

Heavy rain sound.

And then I saw it. Right above me, I saw its giant invisible form shielding me from rain, only for it then, as if sensing my gaze, to slowly move and...

CrAcK. cRaCk.

And then casually break apart the world around it, as it finally shows itself and with a smile adorning its pure white featureless head, it...

“nOW... WE... StAArRt?”

... finally spoke. That Hundred-Armed Gyges-like Pure White Beast covered in glowing Amber lines, and the blessed one I need to take down... it spoke announcing the start of a final hunting game and also... declaring the end of this Twisted Scenario.

-Hidden Piece: Nameless Orphan Under Rain has been successfully incorporated-

-Trial scenario updated-

- #1 Scenario: Descent into The Oblivion-

-Description: as one of the chosen player candidates of Lost Solace Online, prove your worth or acquire it.

Then do your best and survive ‘The Alluring Whispers Of Rain’.-

-Time Limit: 00:49:23-

-Reward: Player account, Awakening chance, ???-

-Penalty: ???-

1